Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster Online question about widescreen/full screen

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-06, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about Blockbuster Online DVDs.

Usually if there are multiple format of a title, for instance, a widescreen version vs a full screen version, you can pretty much tell which is which.

However, I've noticed that the Legend of Zorro comes up with 2 choices when you do a search. One choice have Legend of Zorro P/S. The other didn't. So do you think this one is the widescreen version? Hopefully since that is the one in my queue with a short wait.

Another example is Doom. The search comes up with the 2 version. One said unrated and WS. The other didn't say anything about the format so I'm assuming it's the rated full screen version. Of course I put the unrated and W/S one in my queue.

One more example. The Fog (new one) comes up with no version/format info but rated PG-13 (which I believe is the full screen version). But BBO didn't carry the unrated W/S version. So deleted The Fog from my queue as I believe I would get the P/S version.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the best way to tell the format. I've been going to Amazon to see how many formats there are.

I want to make sure I rent the WS version from BBO.

PS. Concerning The Great Raid movie, noticed 2 version. One is P/S and the SE one is W/S. At least according to my search in Amazon.com. BBO had the P/S version and the SE version but they shipped me the P/S version. Grgggg.
Old 02-05-06, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The only one available online right now for The Great Raid is the FF version. So far I haven't had much trouble getting WS
Old 02-05-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have the director's cut of The Great Raid, which is in widescreen. I just added it to my queue.
Old 02-05-06, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
They have the director's cut of The Great Raid, which is in widescreen. I just added it to my queue.

I have requested the great raid dc three times... it comes in a sleeve saying it's the DC but it never has been WS or the DC....

just an FYI... I hope you get the DC... Let us know.

out
Old 02-05-06, 09:50 PM

Exactly. The Great Raid came in a sleeve stating it is the DC version. Therefore should be widescreen. But upon playing, it is the full screen version. Also, all the extras correspond to the full screen version. I believe, but don't fault me for this, is that the DC version disc 1 have different stuff. So I just gave up.

Does anyone know if the Wallace and Gromitt: Curse of the Were Rabbit that BBO have is the widescreen version. (There's 2 versions available but BBO didn't indicate which format it is).

And which format the Legend of Zorro is? There's one that said 4:3 and the other didn't show what it is on BBO and this is the one I have in my queue.

Thanks.
Old 02-08-06, 08:10 PM

Got Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit today. It was the widescreen version. Even though there are two versions out and BBO only shows one.

It will be interesting to see what I will get for The Legend of Zorro.