Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

DDR Mario Mix - What is UP with stocking it?!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-05, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This game is impossible to find now. No one has it online (some e-tailers have pulled the item from their inventory). I got the last two copies at a local GameStop yesterday but was told there is a manufacturing shortage (the dancepad?). No one seems to have any! It kinda sucks that something selling so well for the Gamecube is now basically "out of print" for Christmas.

I decided to keep the one for my nephew and sell my copy on eBay (I can get it after Christmas). It was on auction for 20 minutes and sold for the "Buy it now" price of $95! WTF?!?! I got my nephew's copy for ~$10.

Anyone else finding shortages in their area?
Old 12-14-05, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's just part of the craziness called christmas! My friend was only able to find one copy for her son, in november.
Old 12-14-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are rumors that it may have been discontinued, but I believe the official word is that more units will be shipped in January.
Old 12-14-05, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know at my store, this sat on shelves for over a month and no one bought it, just like every other DDR game we have. Mid-November they all sell out and its nearly impossible to get them back since they didn't sell well at the beginning so there was little incentive to replenish them at the start.
Old 12-15-05, 08:47 PM

Yea , at my store we got in like 40+ ... not one sold ... then .. bam... sold out in 1 day.

It is deleted in the computers, so if it gets back in stock, maybe a new sku to it also.
Old 12-15-05, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Apparently it was recalled due to two factors. 1. The pad wasn't of the highest quality. 2. Nintendo did not order enough pads to be made, or the pad people had problems producing it. Regardless, I just bought 5 of them for $50 each and sold them for $125 shipped. Extra money = Extra 360 games.
Old 12-16-05, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Apparently it was recalled due to two factors. 1. The pad wasn't of the highest quality. 2. Nintendo did not order enough pads to be made, or the pad people had problems producing it. Regardless, I just bought 5 of them for $50 each and sold them for $125 shipped. Extra money = Extra 360 games.
Sounds like the best explaination I've heard so far. So with that in mind, I have no issues getting rid of the one for my nephew. Was thinking it would be boring with only one pad anyway. So I'll get him Mario Strikers and Mario Party 7 instead - TWO TWO TWO GAMES!

Thanks for the info everyone!
Old 12-16-05, 08:59 AM

My local Target restocked them yesterday. I'll check again today but they had three copies. Nintendo has actually said that it was not discontinued and they were shipping more, hence Target getting extra units. And as far as extra 360 games, what the fuck are you playing? Crap, Shit, or Garbage?

Mod Note: You know better than this.

Last edited by Gallant Pig; 12-16-05 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-16-05, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the recall was just a rumor.

But Mario Strikers is much better.
Old 12-16-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, there is no recall or discontinue of the game it just sold out for awhile and I'm starting to see it again. I'm sure it was a very small release being a niche game and sold better than Nintendo thought. They definitely haven't considered it a failure and they even sent out surveys asking about the game and if we would have interest in a sequel.
Old 12-16-05, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now that the thread has been cleaned out I'll post about the game:

I can believe the comments about a crappy dance pad. I don't know why so many companies make some many horrible pads. I'm guessing that as soon as Nintendo can roll out new and improved pads we'll see the game out again. They wouldn't hold back on a game with their favorite plumber in it.
Old 12-16-05, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Is the pad really THAT bad? Ive never used it bit heard many complaints on GameFaqs
Old 12-16-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Is the pad really THAT bad? Ive never used it bit heard many complaints on GameFaqs
No problems with the one I have, but maybe I have just been lucky so far. My only complaint is that the cord should be longer.
Old 12-17-05, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It costs a good bit to get a decent DDR pad so I'm guessing a pad that comes packaged with the game isn't going to be the best out there. A few months ago I really thought about getting a DDR game and some pads for home but between the cost and the 360 coming out soon I figured I would just hold off and see what comes out later on for the 360. Plus I figured I would use one of the three really nice pads my buddy has at his house and let him worry about wear and tear.
Old 12-17-05, 10:40 AM

I think it maybe due to the fact that the pad looks shiny and slippery. We have no issue with the pad though but that was my first impression.
Old 12-18-05, 09:23 PM

Is this game only sold with the dance pad or is it available without?
Old 12-19-05, 11:17 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Only with the pad. And Nintendo has had production issues, it is definitely not discontinued.

Almost every pad you find in a retail store is going to wear out eventually. It's the nature of the beast, when you're stomping all over it. There is a website that makes metal dance pads (don't know the URL), but they're very expensive and I wonder if you still have to end up replacing the top part, which I assume is padded.
Old 12-19-05, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Have some friends that have metal pads and they have had them for years and no problem with them or any of that nature.
Old 12-19-05, 02:52 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, there you go. If you use DDR a lot, it's probably worth it to pick up a metal one.