Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Autograph Signing Calendar?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-05, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't know exactly where to make this thread, but the movietalk forum seemed the most appropriate. And if it's already been made before, sorry.

Does anyone know where I can find information on celebrity autograph signing appearances?

I used to be really into autographs when I was little, then I lost interest when I went to college. I have about 40-50 autographs. Most of them are from proffesional athletes, but I do have Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiffani Thiessen, John Lithgow, Corey Haim, Alex Haley, Jerry Robinson, and Al Gore. I never buy autographs and I never want to get them through the mail. Part of the experience is being able to meet the person. After college my interest in autograph collecting has mysteriously risen again. Tommorrow I'm going to a Spike Lee book signing at 7pm in the D.C. area. Can't wait to meet him! I'm hoping he'll sign my Malcolm X dvd as well.

I'd like to get more actor/director autographs this time around as opposed to sports figures. I especially would like DeNiro and Uma Thurman.

Any info on celeb signing sessions is much appreciated.
Old 10-25-05, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually check here every few weeks to see if anyone good is coming.
Old 10-25-05, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like this question, and wish there was a good answer I could give you (since I could use it myself). However, in my experience, I've noticed that people on forums will usually only be able to help you if you live in their area. For example, I live in Austin, TX...and if you wanted to know about where celebs will be appearing in Austin, I'd have a good bit of info for you (like Ben Younger, writer/director of Boiler Room, coming into town tonight for a screening of Prime). However, since you're in the DC area, I have absolutely no information for you...other than, "you might want to try Craigslist, but don't expect to get much information from it."

Personally, I would love for this thread to be a place where people could post about celebrity signings (especially things like book-signing tours...say Spike Lee was headed out to NYC after DC, then LA, then Houston, then Austin, and then around the rest of the country...if somebody had the schedule for his book signing tour, I'd be sure to make it out to the Austin or Houston signing).

-JP
Old 10-25-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Joe1086
You snuck your post in while I was typing. Thanks for the link...I'd seen it before, but for some reason I didn't bookmark it. I've just started scrolling through, and I ran across an event where Mary Badham will be signing copies of To Kill a Mockingbird in Houston. Perfect. I'll be sure to bookmark that site this time around.

-JP
Old 10-26-05, 12:30 AM

Thanks alot!
Old 10-26-05, 01:23 AM
Suspended

Luckily you live in a market that attracts a lot of celeb's (NY, LA ect). Up here in Seattle we get very few celeb's up this way. The only luck I have had in this area is Angelina Jolie, meeting her and getting an autograph, other than that not much happening up in this area.

Some people don't have the resources to get autographs in person (area, resources, info), how much I would love to get them in person, I have relied through the mail requests and purchasing a few through reliable resources to add to my collection, and IMO through the mail requests are much better than in person, ONLY if you don't live in an area that doesn't attract a lot of celeb's.

I have gotten more "To Animal" and "Thanks for all your support Animal" through the mail, better than any in person experience, because you usually have a barrage of people around getting autographs. Except my experience with Angelina was awesome, just me and another girl (not hot) waiting for her to come out from filming, she came out, hung out for a few minutes, signed autographs, then had to go. Yes I did offer to take her to dinner, she said no, and then sprayed me with mace.

Anywho sorry to get off topic, I am an autograph whore, thanks for the link above, thats cool to see "something" is going on in Seattle.
Old 10-26-05, 11:36 AM

Thanks.
Old 10-26-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Thanks. Not a whole lot coming my way, but I will try to catch Al Franken when he comes to town.