Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Tale of Two Sisters-Tale of Two DVDs! :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tale of Two Sisters-Tale of Two DVDs! :(

After having the R1 DVD of A Tale of Two Sisters on pre-order for over a month...I finally received it in the mail today from Amazon..but what do I find out? It's the one-disc version only!! Of course, I only found this out after opening it up, as I had no idea that Tartan was releasing two different versions, and I do believe that they only had one to pre-order originally (which is when I placed my order). I specifically bought this release to have the extras on disc two with english subtitles, as I already have the Korean R3 release...argh!! Did anyone else have this problem? Will Amazon give me a refund/exchange even though I've already opened the packaging?? Can anybody help me please?!? Thanks...and sorry for the rant.
Old 04-08-05, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Paratize,

I also ordered the Tale of 2 Sisters fm Amazon and am waiting for it. I also have the R3 standard edition of this movie so I ordered the R1 for the extras.

I was wondering though if you could tell me as to the cost of the dvd you got. Because I noticed two prices in Amazon (not the Canadian site): U$18.74 & U$16.49. I checked to make sure I did get the 2 disc version but you post now has me a bit worried.
Old 04-08-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
I never knew there was a 1-disc release either.

I got mine through DDD and all they have is the 2-disc version.
Old 04-08-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cardiac161
Paratize,

I also ordered the Tale of 2 Sisters fm Amazon and am waiting for it. I also have the R3 standard edition of this movie so I ordered the R1 for the extras.

I was wondering though if you could tell me as to the cost of the dvd you got. Because I noticed two prices in Amazon (not the Canadian site): U$18.74 & U$16.49. I checked to make sure I did get the 2 disc version but you post now has me a bit worried.
Well, I ordered mine from Amazon.ca, but the difference in prices is only about 30 cents! Unfortunately, it seems that they added the "two-disc" version only recently..whereas the one-disc is only listed as "A Tale of Two Sisters"..so it is hard to tell which one you are buying..especially on the Amazon.com website, where there is no difference in the product title, and only a marginal difference in pricing... Why did they have to make it so confusing? Just make one release..there is no point to having two when the prices are so close together and they are both relatively cheap!
Old 04-08-05, 09:53 PM

I bought the 2 disc through DVD Pacific and had to go back and check I had ordered the right set. Still, cost was $12.99 plus shipping. Watched the film tonight. Incredible movie.
Old 04-08-05, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

FWIW, there is a post in the deals forum that says circuit city has the two disc priced at $12.99 in store (online it is $19.whatever).