Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Tori Amos - Original Sinsuality Tour - tour kickoff

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-05, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those Tori fans out there, she kicked off her "Original Sinsuality" tour tonight in Clearwater, FL ... here is the setlist ...

Apparently, she is taking "cover" requests on her website, www.toriamos.com ..

Original Sinsuality
Angels
Happy Phantom
Jamaica Inn
Seaside
Winter
Playboy Mommy
God Bless The Child (Billie Holliday cover)
Candle in the Wind (Elton John cover)
Marys of the Sea
Sister Janet
Marianne
Pretty Good Year
Rattlesnakes
The Beekeeper

1st Encore

The Power Orange Knickers
Putting The Damage On

2nd Encore

Another Girl's Paradise
1000 Oceans
Old 04-02-05, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to the show tomorrow here in Orlando. I'll post a mini-review on Monday.
Old 04-06-05, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Any update on the show? Would be really interested in it as I'm hoping to see her concert next month.
Old 04-06-05, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sorry I hadn't replied to this like I said I would.. It's been a pretty busy week.. Anyways.

I checked out the Clearwater setlist the day before our show, and wasn't too impressed with the setlist, but the one at our show was great. She has enough material where she doesn't have to have one setlist for the entire tour, so every show should be different enough. Here's the setlist for the Orlando show.

Original Sinsuality
Leather
Parasol
Beauty Queen/Horses
Bells For Her
Mother
Ribbons Undone

Tori's Piano Bar
My Favorite Things (Rodgers & Hammerstein / Sound of Music cover)
Imagine (John Lennon cover)

Marys of the Sea
Jackie's Strength
Crazy
Strange
The Beekeeper

1st Encore
Not The Red Baron
Famous Blue Raincoat

2nd Encore
Never Seen Blue
Cloud On My Tongue

Our seats were near the back of the orchestra section, but still had a pretty good view. There was no band, just TOri, the Bosey, a keyboard, and two organs. The set took about two hours, and she was playing most of that time. She only stopped to tell a small story about how one of the tabloids caught her with no panties on at a soundcheck in the UK, and that was about it. I really wanted her to react with the audience more, but it wasn't a big deal.

The songs all sounded great. I especially liked Beauty Queen/Horses, Mother, Imagine, and Cloud on My Tongue. She improvised a bit of the lyrics to Cloud, and it was awesome.

This was my first Tori show, and I probably wouldn't have gone if my mom didn't pay for the tickets (I don't like to pay more than 15-20 for a show), but I'm glad I went. The opening act was some guy named Matt Nathanson(?) and it was just him and a guitar. He kind of reminded me of Dashboard Confessional. I didn't really enjoy his set, but luckily, he only played for about 30 minutes.
Old 04-06-05, 11:42 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
I've been a fan of Tori since the first album, enjoy her albums, but not one of her rabid fans, although I'd consider her my favorite artist. When I finally did catch her in concert with Alanis back, 1999?, I was surprised to not recognize half of the songs she played. What I don't understand is, especially with the tour with Alanis, why not play some of your hits to help build your fan base. Seems odd to go see Tori in concert and not hear Crucify, Silent All These Years, Cornflake Girl, Caught a Lite Sneeze, Raspberry Swirl, etc, instead of all of the b-sides and covers which appear to be what the die-hards get a kick out of.
Old 04-06-05, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was also at the Orlando show. Was my 4th time (and honestly wouldn't have gone, but my girlfriend had never seen her so I wanted to take her). Personally, I was a bit disappointed with our setlist compared to the Clearwater show, and even the Atlanta show which appears to have been shorter. My interest in Tori drifted a bit during Choirgirl Hotel, so I was really hoping that since it was just her alone, she'd play a lot more of her older stuff.

It was still a good show though, and she was as adorable as ever. I love how she stops after a few songs and tells stories and what not.

My GF and I have decided we're definately going to see her when she comes back around with the entire band.
Old 04-06-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by PerryD
I've been a fan of Tori since the first album, enjoy her albums, but not one of her rabid fans, although I'd consider her my favorite artist. When I finally did catch her in concert with Alanis back, 1999?, I was surprised to not recognize half of the songs she played. What I don't understand is, especially with the tour with Alanis, why not play some of your hits to help build your fan base. Seems odd to go see Tori in concert and not hear Crucify, Silent All These Years, Cornflake Girl, Caught a Lite Sneeze, Raspberry Swirl, etc, instead of all of the b-sides and covers which appear to be what the die-hards get a kick out of.
I totally agree. It was my third Tori concert when she was on the MP3 tour with Alanis and, while I love them both, I considered myself a bigger Tori fan. Well, Alanis came on 2nd and made Tori's first half seem very mediocre and uninspired. She chose a lot of questionable songs and left out most of the one's you listed that I want to hear again and again. I kind of think of Crucify as her signature song, so I think she should play it most every night and Raspberry Swirl is my favorite Tori song, not including the all ones on Little Earthquakes, because that cd is a classic from top to bottom.

Luckily, the first 2 times I saw her, she didn't have nearly as much material, so she played most of her "hits" and, like she seems to be doing now, she had an opening act that was a complete no name and not very good. I think she'd be great with Vienna Teng opening. She is skipping Arizona for the 2nd straight tour, so I'm pretty pissed at Miss Amos right now. But I'll keep buying her cds and dvds until I die. Hopefully, that won't happen before her greatest hits videos is finally released on dvd.
Old 04-06-05, 10:20 PM
Banned

She did a cover of Madonna's Like A Prayer tonight. I could cream myself.
Old 04-10-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn and blast.

Tori was coming to town (Canberra) and we had everything organised. Then, because the Sydney shows get sold out, ours gets cancelled and moved to Sydney because they can sell more tickets there.

I'm really, really pissed at the moment.
Old 04-11-05, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

http://www.hereinmyhead.com/sounds/

There are MP3's of her version of "Like a Prayer" and "Imagine".
I wasn't so impressed by the "Imagine", but "Like a Prayer" is amazing.