Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

[anime] Sky Blue

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-05, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
[anime] Sky Blue

Just saw this a few days back. The animation was great but story was boring. Not a must see in my book. The story moves along at a strange pace, its just feels wrong.

The story goes something like this. People eff up the world. A city is made that can survive in this effed up world but only a few people get to live in. Those outside the city die but the few that live get to work for the people in the city. Where have I heard this before? Instead of treating the workers nice they treat them like scum. The workers rebel and the rest you can guess easily. This movie is by the numbers 1,2,3. There are not surprises. Oh and they run wierd also.

I say skip it and wait for steamboy in two weeks.
Old 03-23-05, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
um... thanks.
Old 03-23-05, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
The Trailer looks pretty good, so I'll probably see it if I get the chance (but with my expectations set low).
Old 03-23-05, 07:38 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
animation wise - it's total eye candy, the writers of the script though were out to lunch unfortunately. Not completely terrible, but sorely flawed.
Old 03-23-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, this one... It's called Wonderful Days - it's a Korean animation. I liked it. I've had it on DVD forever. I don't know about the english dialogue - wasn't aware it was coming to US theaters - also, no reason to change the title. I might see it in theaters anyway just for the heck of it.
Old 03-24-05, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I, for one, liked this movie also (Wonderful Days DVD looks great BTW). It's very subdued and reflective. Nothing new in story or plot but I liked the beautiful animation and score.
Old 03-24-05, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
The trailer looked good,i want to see this.I had never heard of it until i saw this thread.
Old 03-24-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The animation looks good although the voice actors sound really bad.
Old 03-24-05, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was horrible. The Korean animators are obviously talented but when they can only come up with a story and characters like this their talents are going to waste. Hopefully they will mature. I doubt seeing it in the original language would help at all in this case.
Old 03-24-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have yet to see someone fully explain to me what was so horrible about this film. I thought the story was pretty good. Nothing about this film could be construed as 'horrible' IMO.