Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House 2/8/05

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
House 2/8/05

I don't usually start these threads, but it seems that no one else is so...

This show is very quickly becoming one of my favorites on TV (up there with Lost and 24). The writing remains crisp and Hugh Laurie is outstanding. My original fears about this show quickly becoming old are fading fast. Although it sticks to a formula that is predictable, the background characters are being nicely developed and the chemistry between the actors is quite good. But the best part is the intellligent and witty writing.
Old 02-08-05, 11:45 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought it was the best episode of the series so far. Loved the scenes with House and the med students.

Seeing the previews I was afraid Leslie Hope was going to be playing another character with amnesia and if you saw the first season of 24 you know well that went.
Old 02-08-05, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by MrX
I thought it was the best episode of the series so far. Loved the scenes with House and the med students.

Seeing the previews I was afraid Leslie Hope was going to be playing another character with amnesia and if you saw the first season of 24 you know well that went.
I agree, it was one of the best ones yet. Did you happen to catch the previews for next week?
Old 02-09-05, 12:04 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Yeah, I figured they'd do an episode that dealt with that at somepoint. It looks like it should be good.
Old 02-09-05, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by MrX
Yeah, I figured they'd do an episode that dealt with that at somepoint. It looks like it should be good.

Yeah, looks pretty intense...should be another good one.
Old 02-09-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Loved the episode as well though I have a question, are the writers intentionally making Epps' character an ass? Where did that come from? For the last couple episodes his character has been off to me. Next week looks to be awesome.
Old 02-09-05, 08:19 AM

This is the first time I have watched the show but have to say that I am hooked. I will definitely be tuning in next week. Best line of the night was when House said "I watch the O.C. cause it makes me happy" or something like that.
Old 02-09-05, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Line of the week (paraphrased):

House: "You'd better get those shots in the next six hours or so, or I'm going to have to make another affirmative action hire."
Old 02-09-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
My DVR messed up at the end. What did House's friend reveal about his brother at the end while they were sitting by the sidewalk?
Old 02-09-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
That it was the last place (right there) that he saw his brother ~ 9 years prior and he didn't know if he was still alive.

Last night's House rated really highly, too.

"At 9 p.m., "House" held onto a good chunk of the "Idol" audience, staying first with a 9.6/14."

It's gone from being one of those almost "on the bubble" shows to being a pretty strong stand-in.
Old 02-09-05, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
My DVR messed up at the end. What did House's friend reveal about his brother at the end while they were sitting by the sidewalk?
He just said that "this was the last place I saw my brother", implying that he was homeless I guess. Meaning, that was why he took an interest in the case. At least that is what I got out of it.

The whole Korsakof's not starting with a 'C' bit was hilarious too! "I lied, assume everyone has Korsakof's...."
Old 02-09-05, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I love how to show reveals bits and pieces of each of the side character's history as it relates to the current plot of the episode. Next week's episode looks great
Old 02-10-05, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I loved his line about the The O.C. making him happy. He always has two or three lines that come off perfectly.

I Tivoed this at my parent's house, so my mom watched it for the first time - she said it was weird and somewhat creepy - which means she likes it and is very curious about - pretty sure she will tune in next week.
Old 02-10-05, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RichC2
"At 9 p.m., "House" held onto a good chunk of the "Idol" audience, staying first with a 9.6/14."

It's gone from being one of those almost "on the bubble" shows to being a pretty strong stand-in.
It certainly HELPS retain the lead-in audience that the show's opening is always a WTF cliffhanger!
Old 02-10-05, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MrX
She was still just as annoying.
Old 02-10-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
Some good news for fans of this show...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) A spot behind the "American Idol" juggernaut has been just what the doctor ordered for FOX's first-year series "House," and the network is rewarding its improved performance.

FOX has picked up four additional episodes of the medical drama, bringing its total for the season to 22. Last month the network added five episodes to its initial order of 13, which would have filled most of the rest of the season, given usual rerun patterns and the occasional pre-emption for extended "Idol" episodes.

In fact, FOX may hold the additional episodes for summer, according to The Hollywood Reporter, as the net continues its year-round programming strategy.

Ratings for "House," which stars Hugh Laurie as a brilliant but misanthropic doctor, have taken off since "Idol" became its lead-in in late January. The show was drawing only about 6.5 million viewers a week prior to that; since then, all three episodes have drawn more than 12 million people.

Tuesday's (Feb. 8) episode was the show's highest-rated yet, clocking in at close to 15 million viewers.
Old 02-10-05, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome news I'm excited to see ratings continue to climb for this show, even if it does take American Idol's lead in to get viewers to check it out.
Old 02-10-05, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I just watched the first 3 eps of this show and I'm now hooked. It's kinda got that CSI thing going for it (not just talking about the cgi internal organs) except I don't find it boring.

Hugh is great, though I wish he could have used it's accent on the show since it's so damn cool. Anyways you have got to love a show that unapologetic as this. Watching the first batch of eps I was sure it was a show that was going to get cancelled, so it's great to hear it's doing so well.

I can't help but think that sometime during the week, anyday except tuesday, Dr. Cox(Scrubs) and Dr. House get together to have drinks and share stories and contempt for humankind.

Last edited by boredsilly; 02-10-05 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-10-05, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Great Show, seems to get better every week! Next week looks really intense! I was worried about it surviving its time slot vs the Amazing Race and Scrubs! Glad to hear its been picked up!
Old 02-11-05, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think Fox could put out a show after AI called "When Monkeys Fly Out of My Butt" and it would get decent ratings.

Overall, this was a good "classic" episode, getting back to House's penchant to live in the moment and continue to torment the students and have some fun in the clinic while seeing real patients. Love his line about "were we playing a game of state the obvious?"

Do real doctor go to homes and other places to investigate patients' environments? So many times, we get the doctors breaking into apartments and house to do just that. It seems a little too far-fetched at times.
Old 02-12-05, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Do real doctor go to homes and other places to investigate patients' environments? So many times, we get the doctors breaking into apartments and house to do just that. It seems a little too far-fetched at times.
No, unless they work for the C.D.C..
Old 02-12-05, 11:54 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Great episode and yes i loved the OC line!

I hope they continue to keep these show interesting
Old 02-12-05, 11:55 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
BTW Hugh Laurie's performance is emmy material, whether he gets recognised is another matter
Old 02-13-05, 12:22 AM

I thought it was a fairly average episode.

I actually enjoy watching the parts where House deals with patients in the clinic than the "mystery illness" patient. The part with the med students was hilarious tho.