Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Fog of War

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-05, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Fog of War

Anyone see this?

If you are against the war in Iraq, this is a good movie to watch to learn from the mistakes in the past regarding foreign policy.

Wasn't Robert McNammara a Republican when Kennedy hired him?
Old 01-12-05, 05:36 PM

This was a great film and really gave some perspective to the Vietnam War. I agree that the parallels to today are a bit eerie.
Old 01-12-05, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
do you ever search before you post?

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...light=mcnamara
Old 01-12-05, 09:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought this film was incredible. I didn't know much about the history discussed in this film, and so I wasn't expecting to have enjoyed it. Regardless it was very interesting, and had some awsome insights. I found the interview scenes to be some of the most captivating, and unrestrained dialogue i've witnessed. At least that's how I feel now upon reflection.

I knew nothing about this movie when I saw it, other that it was a documentary that had won awards. I had never heard the name Robert Mcnammara. I didn't clue in as to who they were interviewing in the movie until some 20 minutes in, since they didn't formally introduce him with subtitles or whatever. And still I enjoyed it. This being a documentary on American history, as a Canadian I didn't think I would enjoy it.

Speaking of parallels, Canada wasn't involved in Vietnam, nor is it involved in Iraq. I don't mean to make a point, that's just what came to mind.

It's a good movie everyone! Think about seeing it.
Old 01-12-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
great blind buy. Watched it twice so far.
Old 01-13-05, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts
Terrific movie. Errol Morris' documentaries work as beautiful pieces of art, as well as trying to be informative.

And while our government wants to be neutral, large numbers of Canadians served in Vietnam, they are serving in Iraq. If a country is it's people, you can't say we weren't/aren't involved.
Old 01-13-05, 04:17 AM

I thought about picking this one up, but the store was selling it at $29. I never buy at that price unless I have seen it before. If it falls to $14.99 I'll buy it.