Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Philips 642 audio set up question.....please?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone,

I just bought a Philips 642 DVD player and so far I love it. My Dungeons & Dragons Cartoon complete series just arrived from Amazon UK and it works! Region Free is a great thing.

Anyhoo, now I own 2 players. My question is about the audio imputs. My first player is connected to optical and my Philips is connected to coaxial but can't get any digital sound from coaxial. I changed all the settings in the DVD players menu to make digital work. Is it even possible to have two DVD players connected to the same receiver with both optical and coaxial in use? Optical works coax does not.

Any ideas?
Old 12-11-04, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You said you changed settings in the dvd player's menus. Did you enable the digital coax input on the receiver, to match up with the video input you have that player plugged in?
In other words, if you push the dvd button to watch a movie on the player using optical input, what button are you pushing to try and watch a movie with the player hooked to digital coax? It CAN'T be the same dvd button. Match the digital coax audio with the video input in the receiver's setup menus.
Good luck! Keep us posted...........
Old 12-12-04, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks emoxley,

I knew it was something that i just wasn't seeing. It took awhile but I finally got it working. My second player was hooked into the TV/Sat jack and didn't see that there was an optical IN. So I switched the two audio inputs so my philips is optical and my sony is coaxial. Works fine now.