Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Whats a good addictive GC game like Animal Crossing?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-04, 11:08 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need to get my GF hooked on another game because shes starting to complain about me being on my xbox.

She REALLY liked animal crossing but maxed out her house and stuff and then she got bored with it. What are some good games i can get her hooked on? anything 'cute' and easy is a plus.
Old 12-09-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pikmin 2
Old 12-09-04, 11:44 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

i remember the first pikmin was kind of difficult and stressful, lots of strategy too. is pikmin 2 more of the same?

She tends to like easier games lol
Old 12-09-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How many threads about your girlfriend do you need to start?

Anyway, Harvest Moon could fit the bill, check it out.
Old 12-09-04, 11:49 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

um... 2?

ill look into Harvest Moon!
Old 12-09-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pikmin 2 is far easier because there is no limit on the days you have on the planet. But I'm not sure she'd be into it if Animal Crossing was her thing.

I agree with the Harvest Moon recommendation. My wife loved Animal Crossing and got into Harvest Moon recently.

Last edited by MasterofDVD; 12-09-04 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-09-04, 10:43 PM

Well, Pikmin 2 may be easier in that there's no day limit any more (I actually preferred the day limit in the first one, too), but the mechanics of the game can be a little tougher at times. For one thing, there are some seriously nasty bosses in the game. Most of my major Pikmin losses in the first game were due to carelessness on my part (you know, the "hey, I guess the red ones can't swim" kind of situation...), but I've had some very close calls with a lot of the bosses in Pikmin 2. I've even had to retreat and come back to a few because by the time I got to them, I didn't feel confident enough that my remaining pikmin army would be able to take on the boss.

As far as other cube games along the lines of animal crossing, there's not a whole lot I can think of. I'd mention Cubivore, but it's a little more along the lines of "weird" than "cute". Pikmin definitely gets the nod for "cute", but both games can be a little challenging, especially to someone who doesn't play a whole lot of games. Super Monkey Ball is cute and simple, but that one gets real hard, real fast.

The best thing I could recommend would be Donkey Konga. You don't need to be familiar with a controller at all, is great for a more casual gamer, and isn't all that hard. It's actually quite a fun little game, too, although if you have any rythm game experience, you'll most likely blow through it in a weekend.
Old 12-09-04, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I agree about the difficulty of the game. The first one drove me nuts real fast. The second one was hard as hell but I wasn't hurried to get it stuff done.

Donkey Konga would be fun but only if she has a sense of rhythm.
Old 12-10-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Paper Mario was very fun to play and wasn't impossible either.
Old 12-10-04, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Pac Man VS is a good game with two or more people, but youd need a GBA to make it work. The Namco museum may be right up her alley if she isnt very skilled. I cant really think of anything more except Luigi's Mansion, Monkey Ball 1 & 2, and hell why not, Kirby Air Ride.

-zero