Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

SW Battlefront Xbox Demo(from DVD SW Bonus Disc) Any seawater scallywag dogs try it??

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

SW Battlefront Xbox Demo(from DVD SW Bonus Disc) Any seawater scallywag dogs try it??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
SW Battlefront Xbox Demo (from DVD SW Bonus Disc) Anyone try it??

I know several people have got their hands on the SW Trilogy DVD set early, I'm wondering if anyone has tried out the Xbox SW Battlefront Demo on the bonus disc?

If so, how is it? Is it a timed demo or one level? Single/Multiplayer demo?
Old 09-19-04, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've heard that it's identical to the demo for PS2 that was in this months OPM (probably looking better for XBox though). If that's the case, you can play the entire Endore level. It's a very good demo and I've played it to death (trying to "hone my skills" for the real thing).
Old 09-19-04, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
In similar fashion, anyone seen any reviews for the PC version? It comes out Tuesday, but I don't want to buy without knowing whether the controls, etc, are good for the PC...
Old 09-19-04, 10:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I wish they'd come out with a demo of PC version. Of course, I imagine the controls are fine...you just customize them to match your favorite FPS setup.
Old 09-19-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Just to ask a dumb question which I'm good at so here goes. What if you want to watch the DVD documentary instead? Does the disc give you an option between the demo and the regular DVD? I'm probably never going to want to watch it on my Xbox, but I'm curious.
Old 09-19-04, 03:20 PM

I just picked up my pre-order Battlefront Scout Trooper figure at EB Games. I'll cancel my pre-order after the game hits the shelves though.
Old 09-19-04, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
The game is awesome. I picked my xbox copy up today...It's great working in the business.
Old 09-19-04, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 403 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally posted by JuryDuty
In similar fashion, anyone seen any reviews for the PC version? It comes out Tuesday, but I don't want to buy without knowing whether the controls, etc, are good for the PC...
PC version got a 7 something from IGN, PS2 got 8.4, and Xbox 8.5.
Old 09-20-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
The game is awesome. I picked my xbox copy up today...It's great working in the business.
Don't feel so special. Two Best Buys in my area had them out. Played for a couple of hours on live tonight.

Pretty cool. I need to do some one player to get the hang of it better though.
Old 09-20-04, 08:34 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by nickdawgy
PC version got a 7 something from IGN, PS2 got 8.4, and Xbox 8.5.
Not surprising. The FPS market is much more competitive in the PC gaming arena, so games have to be a lot better to get the high ratings.
Old 09-21-04, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
The first night I played this it was average. Kinda laggy, not sure what I was doing. Played some more last night, man, this is going to be a great game now that more can play it on live.

I haven't played every board, but what I have played I've noticed that the empire seems to be at an advantage vehicle wise. You get an AT-AT or AT-ST outside a rebel base and it is yours for the taking. I'm not a vehicle man myself, but that is what I've noticed.

I prefer sniping. The boards are so massive though that it is hard to find the right spot, or make it there w/o being killed first. But once you do.... I camped outside a rebel base just capping players left and right. I was a snowtrooper laying down in the snow on Hoth, real hard to see.

It is fun so far.
Old 09-21-04, 01:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Don't feel so special. Two Best Buys in my area had them out. Played for a couple of hours on live tonight.

Pretty cool. I need to do some one player to get the hang of it better though.
Being that I had it last Wednesday, and you just got it yesterday (Monday), I do feel pretty special.
Old 09-21-04, 04:18 PM

You're only somewhat special. I got a copy over 2 weeks ago (and still have yet to play it).
Old 09-21-04, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GizmoDVD
Being that I had it last Wednesday, and you just got it yesterday (Monday), I do feel pretty special.
You are clearly lying about something. Here is your quoute from above:

Priginally posted by GizmoDVD on September 19thThe game is awesome. I picked my xbox copy up today...It's great working in the business.
You say then you picked it up "today" which was Sunday the 19th only 2 days before it's actual street date yet now you say you've had it since last week. So by "working in the business" you must mean one of those kids working at the mall EB games, since they usually get there games only 2-3 days before they hit.

My former roomate & one of my best friends who actually does work in the business, as you say, desinging for Stormfront studios get's his games a month or longer if they are completed, before they hit the streets.

So point being, I agree with the other guy, you really shouldn't feel so special, especially enough to post twice bragging how you got a game 2 days early.
Old 09-21-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts
Well, one quote might be about getting the trilogy DVD set which comes with the demo... in any case, can we just drop this before it becomes a flame war? Not super important, is it?
Old 09-21-04, 05:22 PM

It really isn't. Most media get DVD screeners and games weeks, sometimes months before their release, and since there probably is a large population of DVD Talk members who are in the entertainment biz, then there's a whole lot of people getting movies and games very early.