Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

1 & Only Star Wars Trilogy: Collector's Giftset Discussion #3 - read first post first

Community
Search

1 & Only Star Wars Trilogy: Collector's Giftset Discussion #3 - read first post first

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-04, 07:52 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's Part 2.

Just so everyone's clear, this thread has nothing to do with:
- George Lucas being a good or bad director
- George Lucas ruining (or not ruining) Star Wars with his edits
- Whether Star Wars movies are good or not
- Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings being better or worse than George Lucas and Star Wars
- You being upset with how someone's opinion is different than yours

If you must talk about any of those topics (except for that last one), then do it in Movie Talk... but please don't turn it into Fanboy World War III.

Forum rules about personal attacks and threadcraps still apply in this thread. Don't run the risk of getting suspended or banned because you just HAD to voice how much you want Lucas to rot in hell, or how you're upset because someone else wants Lucas to rot in hell and you think that person should rot in hell, or whatever. If you see a post that you think is against the rules, report it... don't quote it or respond to it, because that just makes more for the mods to clean up later.

Okay, that's it. Please show us that there are people on the Internet that can have civil Star Wars discussions, without devolving the thread into "Lucas sucks!" "No, you suck" "Peter Jackson roolz" "omg star wars is sooooooo much better than lotr idiot" "u lie" "no u" "*chimp noises*" Thank you.
Old 03-08-04, 07:54 AM
Admin Emeritus

From the first thread-

It's official:

It's the big DVD announcement you've all been waiting for: Lucasfilm and Twentieth Century Fox have announced the DVD Release for Star Wars Trilogy DVD on September 21st. This special 4 disc box set will include the three "original' Star Wars movies (Star Wars IV: A New Hope, Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi) presented in THX Anamorphic Widescreen and Dolby Digital-EX. Each film will be released in the 'Special Edition' version (including the changes made to the films for their theatrical re-release in 1997) and feature audio commentary by George Lucas and select members of the cast and crew. There will NOT be an option to view the films in their original theatrical version and the films will not be sold individually. In addition to the three features the box set will also feature a fourth disc including making-of documentaries and features for the 3 films as well as a 2 hour documentary including never-before-seen footage. Exact pricing for the set, specific disc extras and an official pre-order date to be announced in the weeks ahead.

Posted by a member:

Old 03-08-04, 07:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars ROOLSSS!
Old 03-08-04, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts
I'm just very happy that these are finally on DVD. I can't wait to see how great the audio/video quality will be. I think the packages look very nice. Sure, they're not lavish but that might be down the road.

I'm just happy to have the movies.

Old 03-08-04, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, for informational purposes, a complete list of the Star Wars Special Edition changes:

http://www.theforce.net/swse/
Old 03-08-04, 09:31 AM

That is a wierd looking box.
Old 03-08-04, 09:45 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
For some reason the third concept art box is rarely shown on this forum. This is the "Jedi vs. Darkside" concept that was first seen in this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=350301

Old 03-08-04, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by jough
For some reason the third concept art box is rarely shown on this forum. This is the "Jedi vs. Darkside" concept that was first seen in this thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=350301

I love digipaks, sorry, i know people will flame me for it...
Old 03-08-04, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well this is gonna be a boring thread.
Anyway, looking forward to March 20 when they supposedly will announce the complete specs. I'm buying it no matter what.
Old 03-08-04, 10:14 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Um, who said the above packaging was digipak based?

Except for that weird one that flips out like pages in a book (i.e. the hideous one) the other boxes could simply be housing four keepcases (I hope).
Old 03-08-04, 10:15 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by bboisvert
Also, for informational purposes, a complete list of the Star Wars Special Edition changes:

http://www.theforce.net/swse/
For a more thorough look at screen shot comparisons of all of the changes:

http://users.fdn.com/~datalore/starwars/sepage.htm
Old 03-08-04, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Chimp noises?!?
Old 03-08-04, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally posted by El-Kabong
Chimp noises?!?
Chimp Noises
Old 03-08-04, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

isn't thet image of Yoda from Attack of The Clones?
Old 03-08-04, 11:36 AM
Banned

I love that packaging...the Imperial one...so thats the confirmed packaging?
Old 03-08-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would buy it if it had only the words Star Wars on the front, but I would rather have the orginal poster art work. The art work would give it more of a movie history feel to it.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 03-08-04 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-08-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Iron_Giant
I will buy it if it has only the words Star Wars on the front, but I would rather have the orginal poster art work. The art work would give it more of a movie history feel to it.
I wish they would do that for most DVD releases.

I'm getting anxious to hear the DD-EX soundtrack.
Old 03-08-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Chimp noises?!?
Static should rot in hell . . .

Old 03-08-04, 12:48 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by QuiGonJosh
I love that packaging...the Imperial one...so thats the confirmed packaging?
No - those are unused concept artwork samples that were never supposed to be released to the internet.
Old 03-08-04, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
- George Lucas being a good or bad director
- George Lucas ruining (or not ruining) Star Wars with his edits
- Whether Star Wars movies are good or not
- Peter Jackson and Lord of the Rings being better or worse than George Lucas and Star Wars
- You being upset with how someone's opinion is different than yours

So...uh... how about them.. uh.. dodgers.. um.. yeah.

*cricket* *cricket* *cricket*

A big question for me is I wonder how much or when all the extra's that could be stuffed and pulled from the archives will be out. I mean think of all the different releases, all the different extra's, all the everything. There has to be days worth of bonus features that could be put into this thing if done correctly.
Old 03-08-04, 01:37 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
There has to be days worth of bonus features that could be put into this thing if done correctly.
Given that, as I understand it, there's only going to be one disc of extras in this set, I imagine they will be similar to the extra's on the Indiana Jones set.

I'm personally fine with that as I just want the movies, and hardly watch extras.

I'm sure there'll be some super box set down the road (maybe with all 6 movies) and a ton of extras.
Old 03-08-04, 01:48 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope the set contains all the deleted scenes. There was one in ROTJ on Tattone, just after they rescue Han.
Old 03-08-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm curious as to see what's instore in terms of extras. They could of course do a huge hundred-disc megaset with all they have.

Unlike Indiana Jones though, this set will contain commentaries with the cast and crew. I believe Carrie Fisher has been confirmed as a participant.
Old 03-08-04, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by Fok
I hope the set contains all the deleted scenes. There was one in ROTJ on Tattone, just after they rescue Han.
The deleted Tattooine scenes with Luke and his friends (Biggs, Fixer, etc) were on the Behind the Magic CD ROM

As far as I know ESB's deleted Wampa attack at the Rebel Base scenes & ROTJ's sandstorm scene have never been released
Old 03-08-04, 02:33 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
The deleted Tattooine scenes with Luke and his friends (Biggs, Fixer, etc) were on the Behind the Magic CD ROM

As far as I know ESB's deleted Wampa attack at the Rebel Base scenes & ROTJ's sandstorm scene have never been released
For the ANH delete scene, I'd seen it on the CD ROM, but read that there was more to this footage in this scene. This is one trilogy where I'd be into the extra's big time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.