Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

looking for a new tv

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-03, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking for a new tv

whats the best place to do comparitive shopping online so i can find good prices & i want to make sure its a reputable company.

the tvs im considering are the Mitsubishi W265813 and the Panasonic TH42PX26 (anyone have either? if so, how are they?)

thanks.
Old 12-24-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts
Re: looking for a new tv

Originally posted by atari2600
whats the best place to do comparitive shopping online so i can find good prices & i want to make sure its a reputable company.

the tvs im considering are the Mitsubishi W265813 and the Panasonic TH42PX26 (anyone have either? if so, how are they?)

thanks.
I like Onecall.com and they sometimes have free shipping even on line. You sometimes have to call for the best price.

Just FYI, I have never actually purchased a TV from them. But did a speaker. They were friendly to deal with, good prices.
Old 12-24-03, 03:31 PM

I second Onecall.com. THey are one of the best resources to get high end AV gear.

The WS-65813 is a great TV. 9 inch guns, killer cabinet and that netcommand is nifty too.

If you want to read more about mits, go over to the hometheaterspot.com. You should see quite a few buyers who have that particular set.

FYI, Mitsubishi doesn't allow their sets to sold online, so if you do find prices... take them with a grain of salt.

I did a quick search and found a price of 3990 for the ws65813 (not an authorized dealer though)
Old 12-25-03, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

darth; what do you mean they dont allow their sets to be sold online? so if i find it online, does that mean its a fake?
Old 12-25-03, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you were to purchase a Mits TV online the only time it would be from and authorized dealer would be if that dealer also had a B&M store location that they also sold from. There are a few out there that do this but most times these dealers are unauthorized and the manufacturer warranty would not be valid because of this. To some people this doesn't matter because they'll buy a third party warranty and deal with them if something went wrong. Anyway IMO purchasing a large screen RPTV online or by mail is not worth the risk for the slight savings vs convenience of dealing with a local vendor for returns and support. Imagine needing to ship, at your own expense, that 65" Mits from NY to Texas for example to have it exchanged if something goes wrong. By it local and they come pick it up when they deliver the new one at their own expense. Online prices might be good to use to price match from the local dealer though.