Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice 10/19/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Practice 10/19/03

Amazingly enough, the Chris O'Donnell character gets away with it all. It's enough to throw a TV brick at the TV screen.

The guy, who finds out his wife was cheating on him with his best friend and that his children are not his children, goes nuts after finding his wife and best friend in bed and shoots them Scarface style. He's totally in denial of the situation (or that's what we are led to believe).

Sheila's case was a bit disturbing (does anything think stuffing your mother's head and mounting it for the wall is a good idea, even in times of extreme grief from her passing?)

Alan's case was handled with a lot of sensitivity, which is why Alan is such a fun character to watch because he can be a leech in one scene, and just as believably sympathetic in another. Spader's main strength is to just stare knowingly into the camera, and nod.

The writers have no idea what to do with Jimmy, who's stuck handling an unlawful termination of a pregnant nun. Loved Sheila's pointers to Jimmy to get that case settled.

Last edited by Patman; 10-20-03 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10-20-03, 12:08 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
i wouldn't be surprised if O'Donnell's character comes back later on and goes after Eleanor.

I agree with you 100% on Spader's character.

I was hoping for a Jamie/Tara cat fight
Old 10-20-03, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was creepy. Sharon Stone really embraced this role.
They better do something with Jamie soon. She's fast becoming what Portia de Rossi was in the final seasons of Ally.
Old 10-20-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, Jamie was my candidate for most useless character on a TV show last week.
Old 10-20-03, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a difference a James Spader makes. I never really followed this show (even though I thought there were some EXCELLENT episodes during its prime), but with Spader I'm watching every week (and Rhona Mitra doesn't hurt, either).
Old 10-20-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
and either her or her roommate will shoot him

Originally posted by MrX
i wouldn't be surprised if O'Donnell's character comes back later on and goes after Eleanor.
Old 10-20-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the new people are fun to watch, the old ones have nothing to do
Old 10-21-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Fox Mulder
What a difference a James Spader makes. I never really followed this show (even though I thought there were some EXCELLENT episodes during its prime), but with Spader I'm watching every week (and Rhona Mitra doesn't hurt, either).
Agreed.
Old 10-21-03, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Banned already? Damn.

Anyway, I agree too. Although not at the same level, this reminds me of Blue from a couple seasons ago, revitalized with some fresh new talent. It's far from its prime, but it's equally far from the laughably bad recent seasons. It's great to be able to enjoy this show once again. Hopefully they can built from this start and give us a solid season.

das
Old 10-21-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish they could get some normal cases and rely on the acting instead of the over-the-top story lines.

Das, I only wish they would take a hint from NYPD blue with their writing.

I wish Eleanor was one of the ones to go. She has worn out the "totally shocked/turn to co-counsel/look back at person that said shocking statement" look.
Old 10-21-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
they'll have to get of kelly for that to happen

Originally posted by BDLOU
I wish they could get some normal cases and rely on the acting instead of the over-the-top story lines.