Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Check your Drive R2 DVD - mine is now a coaster!

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-22-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched this last night and some serious problems have set in with this disk. I could not watch the second half of the movie. I think Medusa may have had a problem with some batches of their early releases. Anyone else had this problem or know if it has been corrected?

I already ordered a replacement so that I could finish the movie. I bought this from someone in the Forum about six months ago and just got around to watching it. It looks like it's in mint condition. What a bummer.
Old 09-22-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes, there was a problem with the original batch which meant it got "stuck" at the layer change point. I had to get mine replaced by Hong Kong Legends directly. This was a while ago now though and all existing stock should've been replaced. Looks like you picked up the old version.
Old 09-22-03, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks!
Old 09-22-03, 11:55 PM

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Yes, there was a problem with the original batch which meant it got "stuck" at the layer change point. I had to get mine replaced by Hong Kong Legends directly. This was a while ago now though and all existing stock should've been replaced. Looks like you picked up the old version.
i have the same exact experience, i think mines frooze during the final fight scene, the new one works great
Old 09-23-03, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MassaCure
i have the same exact experience, i think mines frooze during the final fight scene, the new one works great
Yes, the final fight scene is where the layer change is. Stupid place to put a layer change eh?!!
Old 09-23-03, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got mine a few weeks ago...so I guess I am in the clear..hopefully.