Community
Search

Versus SE

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Versus SE

Is there anywhere that I can find this movie? I've been to all the usual suspects and I haven't been able to find this DVD anywhere! Anyone else have any luck?

I've been to Best Buy, Barnes & Nobles, WalMart, Target, Circuit City, heck even Gamestop.
Old 09-06-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to your question, I was searching for it at various places (Borders, Wherehouse, Media Play, Sam Goody, etc.) in order to blow some gift cards, but never found it at any of the places I checked.

It's readily available online. Any particular reason you don't want to buy online?
Old 09-06-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not really. I guess I could bite the bullet and grab it from DDD. It's $20.78 there - is this comparable to what it'd cost at a B&M?
Old 09-06-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
Not really. I guess I could bite the bullet and grab it from DDD. It's $20.78 there - is this comparable to what it'd cost at a B&M?
I nener, ever buy obscure dvds at retail stores. 90% of the time you can get a better deal online. I only buy big releases like LOTR TTT at retail stores.
Old 09-06-03, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For niche titles (as purplechoe noted), B&M's will almost always be more expensive--if you can find them. Like I said, I searched for Versus: SE at several to blow the giftcards.

For comparison, Versus: SE is $27.96 at Wherehouse--plus shipping. The DDD price sounds like a winner. I, however, will inevitably pay more to blow the aforementioned giftcard there.
Old 09-06-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
I'd go for it at that price. I almost paid that much just for the DC (Okay, it was out early at the Media Blasters booth during Comic-Con).
Old 09-06-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Cool, ordered it today. Hopefully the DDD service has gotten better.
Old 09-06-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm with you. I'd rather buy something at a B & M than order it on line. I know most here live & die by online retailers, but I enjoy going out & checking out the retail stores. Plus places like Bet Buy & others are just as cheap as any online site. I picked up the 2-disc set at the Poker Industries B & M store & paid $20.00 for it, so depending on which version you got, that is a good price.
Old 09-06-03, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts
I don't know about the SE, but I got my copy of the Director's Cut over at Tower Records.
Old 09-08-03, 09:47 AM

The only place I've been able to find it is at FYE here in Cleveland.
Old 09-08-03, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I found it in the Coconuts in Edgewater, NJ. That has been the only place I have seen it yet. And yes I did buy, and yes I paid too much.
Old 09-08-03, 03:10 PM

I've only seen it in two places in town, at Borders and FYE for 29.99. DDD is your best bet, for sure.
Old 09-08-03, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've found Verus: SE at Sam Goody's for a retail of $19.99, which isn't to bad at all.
Old 09-08-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Damn. Thanks, LivingINClip. I'll have to check Media Play tonight. Hopefully they'll have it for the same price. Supposedly they have $5 off $16.99+ coupons and I have a $4 and change giftcard to blow. Wonder if Sam Goody has the same coupons...?