DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Versus SE (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/316094-versus-se.html)

Tarantino 09-06-03 05:17 PM

Versus SE

Is there anywhere that I can find this movie? I've been to all the usual suspects and I haven't been able to find this DVD anywhere! Anyone else have any luck?

I've been to Best Buy, Barnes & Nobles, WalMart, Target, Circuit City, heck even Gamestop.

DVDude! 09-06-03 05:37 PM

In answer to your question, I was searching for it at various places (Borders, Wherehouse, Media Play, Sam Goody, etc.) in order to blow some gift cards, but never found it at any of the places I checked.

It's readily available online. Any particular reason you don't want to buy online?

Tarantino 09-06-03 06:05 PM

Not really. I guess I could bite the bullet and grab it from DDD. It's $20.78 there - is this comparable to what it'd cost at a B&M?

purplechoe 09-06-03 07:09 PM

Originally posted by Tarantino
Not really. I guess I could bite the bullet and grab it from DDD. It's $20.78 there - is this comparable to what it'd cost at a B&M?
I nener, ever buy obscure dvds at retail stores. 90% of the time you can get a better deal online. I only buy big releases like LOTR TTT at retail stores.

DVDude! 09-06-03 07:30 PM

For niche titles (as purplechoe noted), B&M's will almost always be more expensive--if you can find them. Like I said, I searched for Versus: SE at several to blow the giftcards.

For comparison, Versus: SE is $27.96 at Wherehouse--plus shipping. The DDD price sounds like a winner. I, however, will inevitably pay more to blow the aforementioned giftcard there.

TomOpus 09-06-03 07:34 PM

I'd go for it at that price. I almost paid that much just for the DC (Okay, it was out early at the Media Blasters booth during Comic-Con).

Tarantino 09-06-03 08:52 PM

Cool, ordered it today. Hopefully the DDD service has gotten better.

Sessa17 09-06-03 09:00 PM

I'm with you. I'd rather buy something at a B & M than order it on line. I know most here live & die by online retailers, but I enjoy going out & checking out the retail stores. Plus places like Bet Buy & others are just as cheap as any online site. I picked up the 2-disc set at the Poker Industries B & M store & paid $20.00 for it, so depending on which version you got, that is a good price.

Mondo Kane 09-06-03 09:10 PM

I don't know about the SE, but I got my copy of the Director's Cut over at Tower Records.

davejt1 09-08-03 09:47 AM

The only place I've been able to find it is at FYE here in Cleveland.

fnordboy 09-08-03 09:49 AM

I found it in the Coconuts in Edgewater, NJ. That has been the only place I have seen it yet. And yes I did buy, and yes I paid too much.

malkmuz 09-08-03 03:10 PM

I've only seen it in two places in town, at Borders and FYE for 29.99. DDD is your best bet, for sure.

LivingINClip 09-08-03 03:23 PM

I've found Verus: SE at Sam Goody's for a retail of $19.99, which isn't to bad at all.

DVDude! 09-08-03 04:53 PM

Damn. Thanks, LivingINClip. I'll have to check Media Play tonight. Hopefully they'll have it for the same price. Supposedly they have $5 off $16.99+ coupons and I have a $4 and change giftcard to blow. Wonder if Sam Goody has the same coupons...?