Speed Racer rubber tire bonus

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-03, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered this from Best Buy (online) and it came in the limited edition packaging with the sticker promoting the benefits of purchasing this edition with the real rubber tire (!!!).
But there is no rubber tire. It isn't in the package.
I was going to exchange it at the local BB, but I was hoping one of you could tell what satisfaction you've gained from your tire: do you play with it? is in the trunk of your car as a spare? did you frame and display it with family photos? Am I missing anything by not getting the "real rubber tire"? Please, I need to know. Now!
Old 08-17-03, 11:14 AM

It sounds like what you're talking about is the initial limited packaging for this title. It is a slip-on that goes over the keep case (ala Total Recall:SE or Stargate: UE, etc.) The slip-on cover is hard rubber on the front with a tire tread pattern. You aren't missing much if this is what they're referring to; just a novelty slip cover.

-AC
Old 08-17-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Speed Racer rubber tire bonus

Originally posted by f1shf00d
But there is no rubber tire. It isn't in the package.
It isn't in the package, it is the package.
Old 08-17-03, 05:10 PM

......okay.....the packaging includes the sleeve and the dvd case inside, BUT there is no rubber tire.....if it's supposed to be affixed to the sleeve, it isn't; if it's just loose within the shrinkwrap, it isn't. What I have is a cardstock sleeve that is embossed like tire tread (just like the "real rubber tire"), but no rubber tire. ningún neumático de goma. aucun pneu en caoutchouc. kein Gummigummireifen.
Old 08-17-03, 07:54 PM

Speed Racer initial release

The picture below shows the outer slipcover that slips over the plastic case. It's made of heavy weight paper and has an actual thin rubber tire with the Speed Racer artrwork attached/glued to the front of the slipcover. This is the only version I still see in stores. Perhaps they stopped making this initial release and current production offers a newer case without the tire on the slipcover.

Old 08-17-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Tire good.
Old 08-18-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by f1shf00d
......okay.....the packaging includes the sleeve and the dvd case inside, BUT there is no rubber tire.....if it's supposed to be affixed to the sleeve, it isn't; if it's just loose within the shrinkwrap, it isn't. What I have is a cardstock sleeve that is embossed like tire tread (just like the "real rubber tire"), but no rubber tire. ningún neumático de goma. aucun pneu en caoutchouc. kein Gummigummireifen.
Bingo, you are the proud owner of the Limited Edition Rubber Tire Packaging... Thats it, nothin' to see here, go on home, that's all she wrote. There was no round tire (big or small) packaged with the DVD, it was just the flat tire-like front on the slipcover.
Old 08-19-03, 11:21 AM

Anyone have a clue as to when the next dvd will be released? As this one is only 13 of the 52 episodes.
Old 08-19-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i may be in the minority, but I really liked the tire-cover... its really cool. I mean, its not FotR:EE-cool... but its still pretty dang neat.

j
Old 08-19-03, 03:51 PM
Banned

Dude your joke was so bad. However the replys you got was damn funny HAHA. Guess the joke want over peoples head.
Old 08-19-03, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts
The newer packages have just cardboard on the front, without the rubber thingy glued on it.
Old 08-19-03, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does it come with an insert?
Old 08-21-03, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by voyagerbob
Anyone have a clue as to when the next dvd will be released? As this one is only 13 of the 52 episodes.
I have heard that the next disc should be in 2004 sometime (from the AnimeOnDVD forums.)