Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

How to clean Hitachi 'bullseye' problem?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-03, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My TV is out of warranty, but suffers from the "bullseye" problem. That is, there is a faint bullseye visible when viewing against a bright image, supposedly caused by bacteria build up while being transported over the pacific.

Is there any way for me to clean this? For example, can I open up my screen and wipe it down with Windex? Thanks for any help..
Old 07-13-03, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know if it will solve the problem but it certainly can't hurt to try. Taking the screen off my Mits RPTV and cleaning the optics and mirror is something I do once a year as regular maintinence. On the Mits it's fairly easy to do but I've never done it on a Hitachi. Cleaning the lens assembly is done using photography grade lens wipes and solution. I just use a damp lint free cloth for the mirror to remove dust. You might need to find a safe solvent to use if there is bacteria stuck on it. If you decide to remove the lens assembly to clean them look around for CRT coolant leaking since that might be the cause of you problem. Good luck.
Old 07-14-03, 04:12 PM
TAR

what model of Hitachi do you have?