Search

T2 And BTTF

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-03, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T2 And BTTF

I want to get T2 and BTTF on DVD

Theres 2 different versions of T2 on DVD that I saw at HMV and I dont know which version has the most rewarding stuff.
1 has the front cover with T2 Judgement Day and the other 1 has the endo-skeleton on the front and as I reckon, the 1 with the T2 lettering is more expensive. So if anybody knows what I'm talking, please help.

I know about the framing issues of BTTF but does anyone know if they re-released it to stores?. I know it's suppose to say V2 on the bar code but HMV uses a sticker which looks like another bar code and they place it over so you cant exactly see the official bar code unless you take the wrapping off which I really dont want to do. So is there any other way of checking the box to see if its V2?.

BTW, cool board, I just got The Recruit and noticed there was no insert but looking around your board, I saw it doesnt come with a insert so that is basically how I stumbled upon this board.
Old 07-03-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
actually, i think its the same version with t2, did it say extreme dvd on the side/top? If it said ultimate, then you saw a diferenct version. Get the one in the regular case, since it apparently is very hard to get out, even though I thought it was very easy to get out.
Old 07-03-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
BTTF: No telling when stores will start selling "V2". It might be quicker to buy the set now, call the toll-free number, get the mailer, mail off the 2 discs and get 'em back. As for knowing which one is "V2" when the sticker is in the way... you're probably SOL, unless someone from the store will peel it off before you buy it.

T2: The more expensive one (known as the Ultimate Edition) has both the theatrical and special edition version, PLUS the extended special edition (as an easter egg). There are tons of extras on this set. Highly recommended.

The other one (known as the Extreme Edition) has a slightly improved picture/sound. It has the special edition version plus the theatrical version (as an easter egg). There are a few extras (none are duplicated from the Ultimate Edition). A nice edition to the Ultimate Edition.

The completist will probably have both. If you had to choose between the two, I'd go for the Ultimate Edition.
Old 07-03-03, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: BTTF, if you get the old version, Universal is happy to replace them at no cost to you. There's a thread here all about it (and an 800 number you can call). No biggie...
Old 07-03-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I wouldn't say the Extreme Edition has slightly improbed picture. The Extreme Edition looked significantly better even on a 27" TV. However, the extras are pretty lackluster after all the stuff that was on the Ultimate Edition.
Old 07-04-03, 01:09 AM

A large chunk of the extras on the second disc of the Ultimate edition is text. It does cover every aspect of the film. If you want a definitive T2 dvd set get both.
Old 07-04-03, 05:01 AM
Banned

Re: T2:EE

The extreme interactive mode kicks total ass and actually DOES seem to use old features from the UE.
Old 07-04-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The other one (known as the Extreme Edition) has a slightly improved picture/sound.
No, the sound is about the same and the picture is much improved.
Old 07-04-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DavidH
No, the sound is about the same and the picture is much improved.
Are we forgeting thet the "Extreme" version does NOT have DTS sound, but the "Ultimate" edition DOES have DTS... I think. Ah screw it, just get both versions from Columbia House Dvd Club for a grand total of $15.
Old 07-04-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
^^^What SMART-ASS said
Old 07-04-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

A large chunk of the extras on the second disc of the Ultimate edition is text
Thats not true at all. There is text, but a heck lot more video.
Old 07-04-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by SMART-ASS
Are we forgeting thet the "Extreme" version does NOT have DTS sound, but the "Ultimate" edition DOES have DTS... I think. Ah screw it, just get both versions from Columbia House Dvd Club for a grand total of $15.
BOTH for $15??? HUH?? How? Everywhere I see the EE alone costs over $15.
Old 07-04-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Class316
BOTH for $15??? HUH?? How? Everywhere I see the EE alone costs over $15.
Visit the CLUBS forum and jump on the CH bandwagon...
Use a special code to get 5 dvds for $.49 each plus one more for $14.95, buy 2 more at regular price to full fill your membership. Many things contribute like special offers like buy 2 get 1 free, and free shipping on 3 or more titles. Your average per dvd by fulfilling a membership of 8 or 9 dvds can easily average out to less than $8...$7... per dvd. Check it out and enjoy. I'll be expecting a nice gift from you for Christmas for showing you the way.
Old 07-04-03, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

These "5 DVDs for $.49" gimmicks always end up pressuring you and it's hard to get off their membership if you don't want it anymore.
Old 07-04-03, 04:09 PM
Banned

Thanks for the information guys. I will just get both now from hearing the useful info you guys have provided me.
Thanks
Old 07-04-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Class316
These "5 DVDs for $.49" gimmicks always end up pressuring you and it's hard to get off their membership if you don't want it anymore.
HUhhh!! Dude, I'm not gonna argue with you, but what I say is true... and there is NO pressure. I have personally bought about 200 dvds from CH at a total average price of less than $7. Every time I want to close an account (which I've had 23 so far) I just use the automated system on their website! No pressure unless your intimidated by a computer. You owe it to yourself to do it. Stop paying $20 for dvds at Best Buy for pete's sake. God luck.
Old 07-04-03, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

T2: UE has been OOS for a while at CH. At least it better have been or I would have gotten it within the last few months.