Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVDSOON's shopping cart...only 8 items???

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-03, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do they expect one to add $350.00 Canadian and qualify for free shipping via their courier(priority) mail if you are only allowed to add 8 items to your cart? They use to give you this service for $100.00 Canadian...now they give you a lesser service which is not very reliable in comparison to priority. Is there anyway to add more than 8 items to any given order?

Last edited by djones6746; 04-12-03 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-13-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They just reduced their free shipping requirement from $150 to $100 CDN. The $350 CDN requirement is for the fastest shipping, you would have to buy some boxed sets to reach that in one order. $150 was often hard with 8 DVDs because of their low prices.

I have written them about the 8 DVD requirement, their response did not lead me to think they would be changing it.
Old 04-13-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by louiseb
They just reduced their free shipping requirement from $150 to $100 CDN. The $350 CDN requirement is for the fastest shipping, you would have to buy some boxed sets to reach that in one order. $150 was often hard with 8 DVDs because of their low prices.

I have written them about the 8 DVD requirement, their response did not lead me to think they would be changing it.
Thanks...I am going to call them. My major complaint with this free shipping is that the shipping is a lesser version of what they offered last year when I used them. Their free shipping was something called purcolator which converted to priority mail shipping upon entering the US. I do not feel very comfortable with the current free shipping offer which is why I wanted to purchase $350 CN to qualify for their free courier shipping. I may see if they will allow me to order via the telephone.
Old 04-14-03, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

let me know if that works
Old 04-19-03, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

let me know if that works

Called them this week....they will not take orders over the telephone.

Oh well....I am really not very comfortable with their free shipping on orders over $100 CN. Anyone in the states use them recently? How fast was the shipping? Last year they used purcolator(priority mail) and shipping time was very efficient. Now to get this type of service you are required to pay significant shipping charges.
Old 04-19-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last order they shipped to me with the free shipping was mailed on 4/7 and I got it 4/18, not too bad. I'm not usually in a hurry though, I have enough DVDs that there is always something to watch.
Old 04-19-03, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The last order they shipped to me with the free shipping was mailed on 4/7 and I got it 4/18, not too bad. I'm not usually in a hurry though, I have enough DVDs that there is always something to watch.
I'm not in a rush either...just want a secure method of shipping as far as guaranteed shipping time. Do not like the idea that if this shipment is lost somewhere......you have to wait around 2-3 months before anything can be done according to the terms on their website. Oh well....guess I will place an order. Have a $7.00 credit from last year and their prices are too good to pass up.
Old 04-19-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have never had a shipment lost, and have ordered hundreds of DVDs from them. Doesn't mean it will never happen, of course, but the risk for me seems small.
Old 04-19-03, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never had a shipment lost, and have ordered hundreds of DVDs from them. Doesn't mean it will never happen, of course, but the risk for me seems small.
Thanks!!!

I will probably place an order for some May/June releases. I am going to be dvd broke by the end of July. Already have a few open orders elsewhere for dvds coming out this month thru July. I'm not going to complain though......much rather be in this situation then when dvd first came to light in the spring of 1997 and the only dvds I had on my shelf were Sleepless in Seattle and Jumanji.