Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

good morning miami 1/02/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-03, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good morning miami 1/02/02

good episode i wish penny would get with producer guy already.

last episode i saw before this one was where dylan stopped liking drunk guy because his bad attitude or something and i see today that they are back together, did i miss something?
Old 01-03-03, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Was it new? I didn't watch it because I thought all shows are in rerun until next week. This is another one of the new shows I like, anyone else like it? Not sure how it's doing in the ratings. I always forsaw it going the way of "Inside Shwartz" and "The Weber Show" unfortunately.
Old 01-03-03, 04:16 AM

yeah it is probably my favorite new show this season, and it was new tonight, at least that is what the commercials before the show aired said. i hope it sticks around, it is rather gimicky with the loser drunk, the latin chick, and the nun, but penny, jake, and dylan pick up the show pretty well.

Last edited by WiccanPagan; 01-03-03 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-03-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, a new episode was on last night (as was Scrubs).

I think Penny is much more "groovier" than Dylan. Jake needs to get slapped upside the head and make his move with Penny.
Old 01-03-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you're focusing a little much on Gavin being a drunk. Didn't they just make up that storyline 1 or 2 shows ago? That's not his gimmick. His gimmick is to be the arrogant anchorman who gets everything he wants, which I think he's doing a great job of.

Gavin and Jake's grandma are the main reasons I watch the show. They got all the good lines until they started increasing Penny's role, who isn't bad herself. The nun has to go. They could get away with toning down the Cuban woman and keeping her on the show, but the loudmouth nun has to be the dumbest character on tv right now.

It's a decent show, but I don't think I'll miss it too much if it gets cancelled. It at least has potential. Most filler shows NBC puts on Thursday are just boring. This one can be really funny when it's not obnoxious. I think of the new sitcoms, I'd say Less Than Perfect is my favorite and probably the only one I really care about succeeding.
Old 01-03-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gavin's been a recovering alcoholic from the get-go (IIRC).
Old 01-03-03, 01:26 PM

yeah, he has. anyone know if there was an episode between yesterday and the one i mentioned in the op? i can't remember gavin and dylan reconciling after the fight with dylan's mom and jake at the restaraunt, yet they seemed together again in last night's episode.
Old 01-03-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well either way, I don't think it's a big part of his character. Just a vehicle to break up the relationship, and a lame one at that. I don't like when this show becomes a soap opera, which it does at some point every episode. And actually right now they seem to be using Gavin's alcoholism to keep them together, but I can just see somewhere down the line he will go off the wagon and she'll leave him on a very special Good Morning, Miami
Old 01-04-03, 06:16 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This show needs new writers badly....... The love affair between Dylan and Jake should be the background story where the main story of each episodes should be different and interesting. Just as the way they did it in Cheers, between Sam and Diane or Rebecca.
Old 01-05-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It's the curse of Mark Fuererstein(sp) who plays Jake. This guy must have some good blackmail material on the studio execs to be continually placed in shows that just don't quite cut the mustard.

Last edited by Patman; 01-05-03 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-05-03, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Good Morning Miami was picked up for the whole season. Dunno about next year.

I enjoy the show. Penny is hot I'm waiting for the ep for Jake to slip and sleep with Penny.

Hey at least this show is better than his last one... Conrad Bloom or whatever. I think he was on Caroline in the City too at one point. NBC keeps letting him back in.