Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

OZ 1/5/03 - Dead Man Talking (SPOILERS)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-05-03, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe it's already been a year....

I felt the first 40 minutes of the episode were uneventful, as I spent most of the time wondering where Beecher was... Here are some thoughts for discussion.

* Does Cyril have multiple personalities? "Jericho" seems to personify what Cyril was like before the accident.

* Thank god Father Meehan is dead. I couldn't stand the character.

* Shakespeare in OZ? What's next? Magic aging pills?

* I liked the return of Keane. Hopefully, every week we'll get a new "dead" prisoner to do the narrations, all leading up to Adebisi doing it in the final episode.

* Winthrop just became a major player. I can't wait to see how the whole Schillinger/Beecher/Keller/Winthrop/Robson thing plays out. I could have done without the jizzim, though.

* Peter Schibetta has the evil eye on Ryan. There are so many possibilities here, and I hope they don't blow their chance by offing Petey in the next episode. I want him to get his revenge on Ryan.

* Said was very quiet this week. Too quiet for my liking.

discuss.
-r
Old 01-05-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is another thread about this here http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=254945

Here is what I posted there:

It was kind of a weak season opener in my opinion. Hopefully stuff picks up in the next episode. I read a rumor that the different killed inmates would be getting to do the narration segments each week and I guess it was true. Hopefully Adebisi gets to do one. It will be interesting to see how Beecher reacts to his father getting killed. I don't think they'll let him out before the end of the season if he was getting paroled. There was very little of Beecher in this episode. He was only on for like the last 5 minutes. This theater storyline is crap and I can't believe they continued it from last year. What was up with Cyril? In the dark when he was talking to the puppet, when he was talking for the puppet he did not sound retarded.
Old 01-05-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
* Brutal seeing Beecher's Dad getting taken out like that.

* Governor Devlin is a grad-A *******.

* I sort of find myself interested in the Father Makuda/Timmy Kirk storyline. Will we see an exorcism in the near future?

* Interesting hearing Kirk mention Cloutier. I've heard that this season we'll find out what happened to him.

* Anyone want to start a pool on when Alvarez messes up again and gets sent back to solitary?

* Wonder who the next dead narrators will be. Keane died in season one. Mabye the episodes will correspond to the seasons they died in.

* Was it just me, or was there more scat than normal in this ep? Ugh. I can live without all of the poo.

* Winthrop doesn't swallow. But he does look cute in pigtails...
Old 01-05-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it me, or are there no death row appeals in the land of Oz? Kirk already about to die? (not like I'm complaining...)

Somebody needs to assasinate Devlin. And somebody needs to shank Howell.
Old 01-06-03, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good episode!

And Chuck Pancamo lives!