Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Disney STore online

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Disney STore online

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-02, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disney STore online

Anyone here ever ordered from Disney Store online? If so, what's the service like? Pretty prompt? Do they pack the items well to prevent damage? Thanksf or any info.
Old 12-28-02, 12:20 AM

I'm sure a lot of people here are holding a grudge about the snowflake code fiasco, where they did not honor a web coupon because too many people supposedly abused it.

I've never ordered from them (except for my unfilled coupon code order) so I don't know about their shipping. I have ordered some Disney Tins from the Disney Movie Club and they weren't packaged very well and arrived dented (I didn't return them because I just threw the tins in my closet and put the double alpha cases in my dvd shelf), but I'm pretty sure the DMC is completely separate from the online Disney store. The reason I've never ordered from the online Disney store since, is simply because their prices aren't very good and their shipping cost is outrageous.

Last edited by spyzdope; 12-28-02 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-28-02, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney STore online

Originally posted by reubs82
Anyone here ever ordered from Disney Store online? If so, what's the service like? Pretty prompt? Do they pack the items well to prevent damage? Thanksf or any info.
I've ordered a few DVDs from there before since I like to collect the lithographs and pin/plush sets that they have been doing recently. The DVDs are usually just put in the box on top of the lithos and the pin/plush set is in there too. There might be one sheet of heavy paper to "pad" the box. Not the most effective way to pad the box, but I've never had any DVDs arrived damaged out of about the 5 times I've ordered a DVD from them. I don't mind ordering from then since I get a discount for everything I order, plus I don't have to pay any shipping costs. If something should arrive damaged you can return it to any DisneyStore with the packing slip for an exchange. Things usually arrive within their specified time, and I've had many new releases arrive before their street date. Usually about 1-2 days before street date.

Originally posted by spyzdope
I'm sure a lot of people here are holding a grudge about the snowflake code fiasco, where they did not honor a web coupon because too many people supposedly abused it.
To be fair it should be noted that it was not the "snowflake" code that was being abused, as that is a public code that is meant to be shared. The code that was causing problems was one that was distributed to selected Guests on "Holiday Magic Cards" that were given to them based on a previous purchase amount. That code was never intended to be made public and shared.
Old 12-28-02, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They do a horrible job packing and the prices are too high with shipping a bit high also.

I would order them from a better retailer like amazon.com or .ca

[start grudge talk]or better yet pass on disney and buy dvd's from a better company like I have since my holiday code was not honored. I figure they have lost far more than $15 on me. I smile everytime I see the Treasure Planet sales figures

Yes I am proud to be holding a grudge.[/end grudge talk]
Old 12-28-02, 02:16 PM

Re: Re: Disney STore online

Originally posted by dvd-fanman

To be fair it should be noted that it was not the "snowflake" code that was being abused, as that is a public code that is meant to be shared.
Oops, I got mixed up on the codes there. I think Holiday was the one that wasn't honored, and Snowflake was the consolation code they sent out with the e-mail to inform me that the holiday order would not be processed.

On another note, I don't know to get free shipping, but for those that can't get free shipping, the cost is insane. The shipping starts at $5.95 for standard shipping for orders up to $30 and rises from there for larger orders. The rip-off shipping is the best reason to hold a grudge against them IMO.

Last edited by spyzdope; 12-28-02 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-28-02, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I have ordered from them several times... I Have to say other than the code that they reniged on I have never had bad service from them. Actually the opposite. My wife has a EEyore addiction so I have constanly bought from them. I once bought some shoes that arrived dirty, they sent me a new pair the next day and let me keep the original.

Shadow
Old 12-28-02, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As for saying they are overpriced, I bought MM In Living Color last night for $28.XX shipped. As far as I know, the cheapest you can find that on Amazon is about 60 bucks. I guess I'll just have to wait and see on the condition.

BTW, thanks for the input.