Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

CompUSA (CompUSSR) blew their second chance with me --

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-02, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had a price matching fiasco with them back in early April.

An employee told me he WOULD PM a "Clearance" item that Office Depot carried. All I had to provide was a price tag or a verbal confirmation from the store that states they DID have the product at the price.

I know this is not their standard policy, but it was told to me none the less and should have been 100% honored. (I wonder how many daft fools will read this so far and say "Well, they were right it's not their policy, and totally disregard the second part of the paragraph?)

Anyway, called the BBB, and the USSR Corporate Office. And the GM of the store actually contacted me and told me I was 100% IN THE RIGHT, and se was sorry for the hassle, torment and unprofessional attitude I had to go through with the manager at the time (this was after I went back to get the PM according to what the employee promised me)

Anyways.,.. advancing ahead a bit. Corporate office gave me the same generic speal about 2 months later (not knowing the situation was already resolved) and told me their policy and I was wrong and the manager was right.. (hmmmm.. the local GM would disagree idiots) and offered me a gift card anyway, to show their good will in the matter, despite me "being in the wrong"

Anyway.. wnr and bought my brother a cool PC game for Xmas. "MS Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe" $39.99. Not a bad price. Used the $25 GC and the rest on credit card. 2 weeks later BestBuy has it for $29.99! So I go in for a price match, and they were cool about it (after trying to call BestBuy for 15 minutes to verify). So As she is processing my Price difference an a$$ manager comes up and says I can not get the price match back, because I used a gift card for PART of the purchase. I told him it makes 100% no difference I still used MY credit card, and according to THEIR PM policy, and what the currenty emolpyee just told me, I would like my $10 credited to my CC.

he tells me.. "ok, look... here is what we can do. Go buy a peice of software and I'll give you a $10 credit on it. It'll be the SAME as getting your $10 back. No purchase something is at least $50 or more. Nothing less then that. And I'll give you a $10 discount on it"

uhhh.. no... i am not going to buy something just for the sake of buying it, soend MORE money just to "get my $10 back" ??? Makes no sense.

Told him i wanted a gift card if he refused to honor the PM terms. he eventually gave in, gave me more attitude, and gave me a $10 GC. What a hassle!!!

MY GOD!!! Why the attitude?? Why have a PM policy if you wont follow your OWN rules????

So I have CompUSSR a second chance and they blew it (again)

I am not doing business at their store anymore. I'll give the $10 GC away as a gift

screw them