Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

West Wing 12/11

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-02, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
West Wing 12/11

The episode just started over here in CA and I'm glad to know that Joshua Malina was included in the opening credits. Yes!
Old 12-11-02, 11:59 PM
Shawn

I thought this episode was great. Anyone else like it?

Off-topic: Has The West Wing come to DVD yet?? If not, any thoughts to when it will? TIA.

- Shawn
Old 12-12-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this was an excellent episode!!

Glad to see Zoe back, and she looks even better Looks like they're gonna have to deal with the assassination starting in January.

I really enjoyed the end with the Whiffenpoofs singing.

Brian
Old 12-12-02, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Excellent episode. Great to see Danny back, hopefully he'll be around for awhile. Did we ever get a story behind Charlie and Zoey on why and when they broke up? It seems to me that one epsiode they were together and then no Zoey until now.

Shawn TWW is not available in R1 on DVD (I think it is available in R2, someone will correct me if I am wrong )
Old 12-12-02, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep. Great Ep. Sooo much stuff going on. Danny's back and knows about the assasination of Shareef, Zoey's back with a new bf and Charlie ain't too happy about it, Josh finally dealing with his feelings for Donna and Will flaming out badly in front of the president.
Old 12-12-02, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i was at a rehearsal last night so i wasn't able to see the episode but from what ya'll say it's gonna be great. i am really happy that josh molina is in the opening credits and he is on board.

as for DVD, it is available in R2 for sure because i have the set in my living room.
Old 12-12-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fantastic episode. The whole Cole Porter/Whiffenpoofs thing with Toby and his father was wonderfully done.

I swear, I'd donate money to finance The Dulé Hill Show.

It's interesting how Sorkin continually returns to the subject of fathers and sons. In A Few Good Men, Kaffee's father's celebrity haunts him throughout the story and triggers a breakdown. In just 2 seasons of SportsNight, we have the affair thing with Jeremy's father, the embarrassment thing with Casey's father and in turn to his son, and a whole host of problems between Dan and his father. Now on The West Wing, Jeremy's father became Sam's father, Bartlett has acceptance issues with his father, and now this new Toby storyline. Gotta wonder if Sorkin isn't working out some issues of his own.

das
Old 12-12-02, 01:34 PM

Excerpts from an original post by das Monkey
It's interesting how Sorkin continually returns to the subject of fathers and sons. Gotta wonder if Sorkin isn't working out some issues of his own.
das [/B]
Does he work with Spielberg a lot?

Also, this episode was great and totally unrelated to the story, since that has been touched on, Zoey =
Old 12-12-02, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is Sorkin about to bring back the entire Sports Night cast one by one? I hope he finds a spot for Felicity Huffman.
Old 12-12-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth huzefa •<HR SIZE=1>Is Sorkin about to bring back the entire Sports Night cast one by one? I hope he finds a spot for Felicity Huffman. <HR SIZE=1>

Been there ... done that.

das
Old 12-12-02, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I could do for Kim coming over to WW!!

Anywho, great to see Josua Malina in the opening credits. And another fine episode by AS Inc., great personal stories going on in this episode and the musical montage which excuted correctly (and it is) is a great thing.

I don't know so much about continuing on with Zoe....that story never went anywhere, and with her and charlie not together, what's the point. Not that I mind Zoe...

But with super reporter Danny back on the case it looks like we'll have some explosive episodes for Feb. sweeps.
Old 12-13-02, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Shawn
Off-topic: Has The West Wing come to DVD yet?? If not, any thoughts to when it will?
One of many reasons to get a region-free player:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...qid=1039796459

Great episode, by the way.
Old 12-13-02, 02:16 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

"knows a guy who couldn't get to his locker..."

Oh man! Can't wait to see how they're going to deal with the Shareef's assasination coming back from the dead.

Charlie, in his limited time onscreen nails his lines everytime too. Great stuff.

-BT
Old 12-13-02, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by BT
[BCharlie, in his limited time onscreen nails his lines everytime too. Great stuff.

-BT [/B]
"I read a 150 word article about you in US magazine, and I feel like I know you already."
Old 12-13-02, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
• Quoth huzefa •<HR SIZE=1>Is Sorkin about to bring back the entire Sports Night cast one by one? I hope he finds a spot for Felicity Huffman. <HR SIZE=1>

Been there ... done that.

das
You're right! Too bad it wasn't more than just one episode.

Last edited by huzefa; 12-13-02 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the first thing that popped in my head was, "what is rob lowe still doing in the credits?" is he gone or isn't he? once again, AS and co. save the best episode for christmas. they have a knack for doing that. it was absolutely great to see danny back and will be nice to see the repurcussions from his digging in bermuda. as for zoe, she looked good but i prefer the red hair. somehow i don't think that she will be back much but i hope to be wrong. i hope that the scenes with josh and donna might starte those two down the road to something although i am not expecting very much. anyway, now we have to wait for a few weeks for the next show. darn.
Old 12-16-02, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Rob Lowe still on the show, he just wasn't in this episode. Probably best to wean us off slowly.

His last episode will be in the Spring but before the end of the season.
Old 12-16-02, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 233 Likes on 137 Posts
Anything that brings a little of the ol' Sports Night magic to any other TV show is fine with me. I just wish Sabrina Lloyd wasn't going to be on Ed so they could use her on West Wing.
Old 12-16-02, 11:27 PM
Shawn

Thanks to all of you who responded to my West Wing DVD question...I'll look into buying the set.

- Shawn