Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does this sound crazy? Remodeling just as the Holiday shopping starts?!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-02, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My electronics department at my employer(read my profile for more infromation on that) is in the process of doing a temp remodeling job thoughout the whole department. Of course they(store management) choose the worst time of the year to do it.With a little over a week until Black Friday(AKA the busiet shopping day of the year for retailers) their timing is way off. I know that I've been affected because the DVD,videos,(CD's tommorow I hope not yet as I'm not ready for that yet! ) are not where they used to be. We also moved around our video rental area in our department as well. When I left they were in the process of moving the TV's with home theater systems(Ouch!)

I know that some of the store was recently modeled over the past few months.Now they are hitting my department. My department manager told me today they will go all out in January. Of course if I was a manager at my store,I'd do it over the summer or early in the year. So all of these changes we are doing are just for a 6-8 weeks.

To those of you who work in retail does this sound crazy?Given the poor timing of this just as the holiday shopping season is about to get underway? On the bright side if they go all gung ho in January I hopefully living in Idaho before they re-start this remodeling nightmare.
Old 11-20-02, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there any chance that all of the changes will be done before Thanksgiving?
Old 11-20-02, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Heat
Is there any chance that all of the changes will be done before Thanksgiving?
I'm not sure. I rather doubt it. I'll just have to play it day by day and see what happens.I'll post an update on Wednesday night after I get off work.
Old 11-21-02, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ouch...terrible timing.

The Friday of Death (aka Black Friday aka the day after thanksgiving) brings out the worst in shoppers.

Its like that old Goofy cartoon where he is a mild mannered citizen untill he gets behind the wheel, then he turns into a road raged driving maniac. But instead of cars its that shopping day.

well, my point is that people will be cranky and short fused...and not being able to find stuff doesnt make them happier.

But this is old news to us retail grunts.