Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

TAU looses a good customer....

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 2 months ago I placed an order with Total Action Universe for the following:
-2 sets of Star Trek:TNG Season 5
-Band of Brothers box set
-X-Files Season 6
-Babylon 5 Season 1 box set

This order was for over $500 canadian. About a month ago my credit card had unauthorized charges (not from TAU). So I got a new card. I immediately contacted all of the etailers I deal with so my orders won't get cancelled. Well I didn't feel comfortable with emailing them. So I spent the next few days trying to get in touch with them by phone. I finally did, explained the situation and gave them a new credit card number. The rep said it would be no problem. He even commented how big of an order it was. Fast forward now to October 30(wednesday before the release date). I called to see if my order was shipping. It sometimes does. The guy was pretty sure it was shipping that day or the next. Now fast forward to the release week. I contacted them because I did not recieve any shipment emails and their site didn't show my order as shipped. So I called TAU. After saying they would get back to me. I called the next day and was told it definitely shipped on Monday November 4. Ok, it is still before the release date. Well come today(11/11) still nothing, even on my credit card. So I look at their website and it shows my ordered as cancelled. The only thing I can think of is that they never changed my cc. But, all of those times I called to check on my order were either never checked or ignored. So I went to Amazon.ca and ordered the same thing for a few dollars cheaper. And not only will TAU lose this order. But, I have 2 sets of each of the TNG season sets (for me & my friend) coming out in December. That is another $200 U.S. that they have lost. And of course I can't reach them on the phone.

Last edited by TOLEN; 11-15-02 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-11-02, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

That sucks...

but it should be in the store forum.
Old 11-11-02, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whoops sorry. Can a moderator move this?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-02, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well after another couple of days trying I reached them on the phone. The guy had no explaination. He said if their was anything he could do to rectify it. I said yes...cancel my other preorders.
Old 11-14-02, 04:15 AM

Wow $400 for two TNG sets, WHAT are you doing paying that much?

Seriously though these guys like all have had their share of problems but they do make good on their mistakes. They been around for quite a while and have pretty good deals/service (especially as of late). Hope you do give them a second chance in the future, they did try to make up for it...