Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jackass: I Laughed my Ass off

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-02, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw a screening tonight of Jackass and for just under 90 mins I laughed my ass off. It's sick, crude, mean and extreme, but it's also very hilarious.

It's a love it or hate it kind of film. Lots of sketches, a lot of extremely sick and gross stuff, but the pace is great, it's very funny and it never aspires to be something it's not.

Maybe had Tom Green gone this road v. Freddie Got Fingered he would have faired better.

Interesting experience seeing it in the theater, kinda like watching a funny tv show with 60 other people. I'm sure this will be a very popular DVD
Old 10-24-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i saw the making of on MTV and it had some pretty funny stuff. but i'll definitely wait for the disc. this just doesnt warrant a trip to the theater
Old 10-24-02, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I actually turned off the endless MTV specials on Jackass tonight... I don't want to see too many of the gags in little-clip form, because i'm afraid it might ruin the affect of the movie.

This is one i'm excited to see.

And you know the DVD is going to add new meaning to the term: "Unrated edition. The version you couldn't see in theaters!"
Old 10-25-02, 12:08 AM

Honestly, this is the movie I'm looking forward to the most for the rest of the year [dons flame-retardent suit]
Old 10-25-02, 03:22 AM
Banned

Saw it tonight. I agree w/ the original poster (hehe).

IT WAS HILARIOUS!!!

Although at the
Spoiler:
guy drinking his own pee in a "snow cone"
i almost threw up myself!
Old 10-25-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts
Anyone else just dying to read CapAlert's review of this?
Old 10-25-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I almost fell out of my chair during the "cuts"

Very, very, very funny. My mouth hurt from laughing so much. I think I'm going to have to go see it again this weekend.
Old 10-25-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

so i was watching the behind-the-scenes last night and bam was complaining that they were doing a paramount movie but that they couldn't do fog and lights at the same time b/c they didnt have enough power. my expectations for the dvd immediately sunk. i didnt realize this was paramount! so does this mean expensive dvd with no extras?!
Old 10-25-02, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I think this movies gonna be hilarious. I can't wait to see it tonight.
Old 10-25-02, 03:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
word of caution: don't see this after eating a huge meal, you just might lose it.

In the Washington Post weekend section they mention the film got slapped with a NC-17 rating and they had to make additional cuts to secure the more commercial R-rating, wonder what we are still not allowed to see?
Old 10-25-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by Giles
In the Washington Post weekend section they mention the film got slapped with a NC-17 rating and they had to make additional cuts to secure the more commercial R-rating, wonder what we are still not allowed to see?
I'm pretty sure (at least hoping) the DVD will have the NC-17 version.
Old 10-25-02, 04:32 PM

This will be a Paramount DVD. Don't get your hopes up for an unrated or NC-17 release.
Old 10-25-02, 04:33 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
unrated video from Paramount Video I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 10-25-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This movie was HILARIOUS. I laughed my head off for the entire film... absolutely brilliant!!! As stated at top, the pace was great, it never got dull, and the comedy just kept on coming.. if you hate the TV show, you'll hate the movie...but if you find the 30min Jackass to be funny, this will make you **** your pants (haha). It has many hilarious skits, I think i'll need to see this again in the theatres, with an audience laughing and roaring it was great...

MATT

two words: CEILING FAN!!!!
Old 10-25-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if i'd like the film or not..as i've never really been a fan of the show,though found some bits amusing.

From the previews i saw on tv..it looks like just a uncut(sans network censors not MPAA of course) version of the tv show. Which is good in my opinion for better or worse....since most tv shows or skits going to feature length end up sucking since they attempt to make a different story(when most skits aren't good when dragged to feature length) around it all & just tone things down,play it to say & cliched such as with all those crappy SNL movies besides the great Blues Brother's & Waynes World.

I do love the poster though,found it hilarious. Can you imagine if the studio made them go with the bland & unimaginative as hell 'cast/head show' 'poster'??

As for getting a NC-17 maybe(haven't found any info on it).Thats not a surprise given the MPAA & there puritanical views on things. though i doubt with Paramount in charge,no uncut release.

Still it's even more funny how Paramount acts like they are sensitive & careing to the 'political/social outlook' of society at the moment which is a huge crock of ****!

If they were what they say,then they would'nt sleazily make $$ off exploitive slasher films like Friday the 13th series....or even the 'juvinile' Jackass! among other types of films if all they want to release are 'serious artful commercial' films!

So they should stop pretending like they are something they are not.Corporate pigs out for the almighty doller at any cost...at least have the guts to admit it!

So the real jackass here is Paramount!

Last edited by Julie Walker; 10-25-02 at 10:29 PM.
Old 10-25-02, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw it tonight. Very funny. If you are questioning whether you should see it in theater or wait for the DVD, I would actually suggest seeing it in the theater. I never thought I'd say this but I actually enjoyed the movie more with a loud and boisterous audience. Seeing people's reaction and amazement was half the entertainment.
Old 10-26-02, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WOW. This movie was hilarious! No amount of MTV specials could have ruined it. My face hurts from laughing so hard.

The only i stopped laughing and zoned out was when the girl behind me burped, and the girl next to her said "are you okay" Then the girl behind said, "i seriosuly think i might throw up" ... But that was during the grossest part of the movie. She didn't. Definitely see it with some friends. After feeling like i had laughed for six hours i looked at my watch.. it had only been 20 minutes!

MTV and Paramount are going to make a mint off this movie.

Can't wait for the DVD.
Old 10-26-02, 12:32 AM

I have never EVER laughed so hard in life.

~Sam C.
Old 10-26-02, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just to let you know.....someone in Canada reported the film was playing uncut their & runs 4 minutes longer!

It was cut by that much to avoid an NC-17.

Now if it were 5 seconds..i would'nt make a big fuss about it.Yet 4 minutes,that adds up..& well dam Paramount if they don't attempt to release it uncut on dvd!
Old 10-26-02, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Julie Walker
Just to let you know.....someone in Canada reported the film was playing uncut their & runs 4 minutes longer!

It was cut by that much to avoid an NC-17.

Now if it were 5 seconds..i would'nt make a big fuss about it.Yet 4 minutes,that adds up..& well dam Paramount if they don't attempt to release it uncut on dvd!
Thank god for the likes of Jack Valenti to protect ME from MYSELF!

I probably would have done something dangerous if I saw the extra footage.

Whoosh! Garsh! close call.

Thank Heavens for the MPAA!

cheers, Tony Block

P.S. watch out for a rash of violent incidents in Canada next week.
Old 10-27-02, 01:11 AM

Laughed my head off from beginning to end.
Old 10-27-02, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Saw this tonight with Jack Its gonna be hard to not fall over laughing at work tomorrow, this movie was damn_funny.
Old 10-27-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw this with the wife last night. Even though she was grossed out at times, we both agreed it was the funniest movie we'd seen -- ever. I actually hurt from laughing so much.

I really feel sorry of Steve-o, what's he going to do with those tattoos in 25 years?

Oh, and coming home and watching television was kinda surreal, I kept half expecting everything to turn into a jackass stunt. "Oh look, he's driving that car awfully fast, I bet he's going to crash into something..... oh, maybe not...."
Old 10-27-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After leaving the theater at midnight, I felt both comedically fulfilled, and scared. This is because I know how stupid kids are, since I am only 18.

As soon, as we made our way to the car, some kids started setting off bottle rockets, other kids that we knew (who were drunk during the movie) ran up punched the girl who was driving in the mouth, tried to hump her gas tank, and told me not to look at her car's radio antennae (I guess they were making a sexual joke?).

Either way, I saw a lot of high school and junior high kids leaving the multiplex before the 10:30 showing that I went to. So, I am predicting that by next week MTV will have a bunch of lawsuits on their hands after stupid kids try to
Spoiler:
stick cars up their ass, shoot bottle rockets out their ass, make rocket skates, and try to mess with alligators.

Oh, well, at least I have decided what I want to be for Halloween, PARTY BOY!
Old 10-27-02, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Saw this last nite with my girlfriend, VERY funny!

I had a similar experience like Brain Stew. Some kids decided to follow me and almost rear-ended me because they had just seen this movie (the kids looked like they were 14 driving there mommys car).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.