Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

BestBuy.com GC games sale!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-02, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BestBuy.com GC games sale!

It looks like all the Gamecube games are on sale at BestBuy.com, even preorders!

www.bestbuy.com

edit- They have Super Monkey Ball for $23.99

Last edited by CreatureX; 05-28-02 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-28-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not buying from a store that makes me add an item to my shopping cart just to see the price.
Old 05-28-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here are some of the higher profile games:

$39.99
Eternal Darkness (preorder)
Wrestlemania X8 (preorder)
Resident Evil
Rogue Leader
Smash Bros. Melee

$23.99
Super Monkey Ball
Sega NBA 2K2
HomeRun King
Old 05-28-02, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by MWoody
Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not buying from a store that makes me add an item to my shopping cart just to see the price.
geez, picky picky.
Old 05-28-02, 01:11 PM

Is this going on in the store? I just bought resident evil and super monkey ball at $50 and $30 last week with $15 off 2 games. If this is also going on in store, how does price adjust works?

Nevermind, all the $40 games above are now all $45 and money nut went up to $27.

Jerry

Last edited by jerry4fish; 05-28-02 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-28-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got back from my local BB B&M. The $39.99 sale is still going on in store, but the selection is much less than it was yesterday. Resident Evil and Rogue Leader sold out.

I don't know exactly how the deal is supposed to work this week. With the ad stating 10% off GC games, I went by yesterday to check them out. When I saw them all marked down, it was just a decision of what I wanted. I thought it was going to be $39.99 - 10%. At the register, it rang up as $39.99 only (no discount). I went back to customer service later, referring to the ad and they refunded me the 10%. So, I got one for $35.99.
Old 05-28-02, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by flix1
I just got back from my local BB B&M. The $39.99 sale is still going on in store, but the selection is much less than it was yesterday. Resident Evil and Rogue Leader sold out.

I don't know exactly how the deal is supposed to work this week. With the ad stating 10% off GC games, I went by yesterday to check them out. When I saw them all marked down, it was just a decision of what I wanted. I thought it was going to be $39.99 - 10%. At the register, it rang up as $39.99 only (no discount). I went back to customer service later, referring to the ad and they refunded me the 10%. So, I got one for $35.99.
How was it marked down? Did they have a sign saying it's all $39.99? Or does the sticker says $39.99? Or does it rang up at $39.99? The bestbuy website only shows them as 10% off

Jerry
Old 05-28-02, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I would not consider that they were 'marked down'. At Best Buy B&M all the games are separated by those plastic dividers with the names of the various games on them. On those plastic dividers were price tags. The maximum price for Gamecube games on any of the tags was $39.99. And that is what they rang up at. I thought it was strange but there was one divider for Spiderman that still showed a price of $49.99, but there were three other that displayed a price of $39.99.

The reduced prices were not being advertised like a sale. It was almost as if it was a permanent price reduction, but I don't think it is. With the price increases as Bestbuy.com today, I almost thought it may have been a mistake that it took them a day to correct, so I swung by my local B&M after work. They were still displayed the same, with the dividers mostly showing $39.99 (except for the one Spiderman one).
Old 05-28-02, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by flix1
I guess I would not consider that they were 'marked down'. At Best Buy B&M all the games are separated by those plastic dividers with the names of the various games on them. On those plastic dividers were price tags. The maximum price for Gamecube games on any of the tags was $39.99. And that is what they rang up at. I thought it was strange but there was one divider for Spiderman that still showed a price of $49.99, but there were three other that displayed a price of $39.99.

The reduced prices were not being advertised like a sale. It was almost as if it was a permanent price reduction, but I don't think it is. With the price increases as Bestbuy.com today, I almost thought it may have been a mistake that it took them a day to correct, so I swung by my local B&M after work. They were still displayed the same, with the dividers mostly showing $39.99 (except for the one Spiderman one).
Thanks, I will give it a shot tomorrow.

Jerry
Old 05-29-02, 11:07 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by MWoody
And this is a big deal, why?
Old 05-29-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update:

The $39.99 B&M sale is officially over, with the current promotion being the 10% off (or $44.99 for most games), the same as the webstite.

Unofficially, in the B&M, the plastic dividers still have the prices labeled at $39.99 or less. I went in and decided to pick one more game. It rang up at $44.99, but I pointed out the price on the divider and they lowered it for me. Unfortunately, they then started peeling all the $39.99 price stickers off the dividers.