Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Request: Eddie and the Cruisers

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Request: Eddie and the Cruisers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-01, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts
Any revies for "Eddie & the Cruisers"

The title says it all anyone seen any reviews for "Eddie & the Cruisers" that came out yesterday?

Kahuna
Old 09-05-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine in the mail yesterday & watched it right away. I have a progressive-scan player & a 65" HDTV, and the picture was very good. While the colors weren't very bright, the clarity and detail of the picture were very good in most scenes. The sound is DD surround, and not very active in the rears at all. I don't think a 5.1 mix would make a big difference for this type of movie, but a little fuller sound would have been nice for the songs. The only extra is a trailer that shows too much, and makes the movie look more like a thriller. So while the sound wasn't great, the picture was much better than I could have hoped for.
***Slight spoiler***
And the movie itself is still just as good. It's too bad the sequel dumped the group dynamics/ cameraderie/ nostalgia, that made the original popular for the lame Eddie in hiding has to play against the bad band or whatever the plot was in the sequel. Tom Berenger made the movie, not Eddie. I would have preferred to see how the others dealt with Eddie's return.
Old 09-05-01, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by El Kabong
I got mine in the mail yesterday & watched it right away. I have a progressive-scan player & a 65" HDTV, and the picture was very good. While the colors weren't very bright, the clarity and detail of the picture were very good in most scenes. The sound is DD surround, and not very active in the rears at all. I don't think a 5.1 mix would make a big difference for this type of movie, but a little fuller sound would have been nice for the songs. The only extra is a trailer that shows too much, and makes the movie look more like a thriller. So while the sound wasn't great, the picture was much better than I could have hoped for.
***Slight spoiler***
And the movie itself is still just as good. It's too bad the sequel dumped the group dynamics/ cameraderie/ nostalgia, that made the original popular for the lame Eddie in hiding has to play against the bad band or whatever the plot was in the sequel. Tom Berenger made the movie, not Eddie. I would have preferred to see how the others dealt with Eddie's return.
Thanks for the review, this is one of my favorite movies and I forgot it was being released yesterday. I had not seen any sites that reviewed it yet and after seeing the low msrp price I was curious as to how good the picture was. I can deal with the lack of sound in the rears. So I will be piciking up a copy from Circuit City tomorrow, thank you.

Kahuna
Old 09-06-01, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by El Kabong
Just picked this dvd up from my local Circuit City for $9.99 plus tax and it was just as you described it. I am glad to have this movie in my dvd collectuon, especially for that price.

Kahuna
Old 09-17-01, 05:41 PM

Loved this movie, and I think the presentation on the disc was just fine. I have never seen the sequel - what does it center on, and any ideas on when and if it will come out?
Old 09-18-01, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw part 2, Eddie Lives, a long time ago so I'm not positive. He's an anonymous guy working in a factory or something, and dating a woman with a son. He's happy, but for some reason he has to show up at some big concert at the end and show himself. I could be completely wrong , but I think that was it- I think there was a "bad" band or something. No one from part one except for Eddie.