Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Geoff, Mature Ad's?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Geoff, Mature Ad's?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-01, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geoff,

http://ads.kleinman.com/ads/fivestardvd/flashpoint.jpg

The preceding ad may not be as bad as it looks (the bigger picture clarified what i was really looking at)

But uh, it looks bad.

I certainly would not want the supervisor to walk by my desk when that ad poped up on the screen, it would be a little hard to explain.

You may want to filter some of these ads, while i can understand your use of these ads and the measures taken to prevent these from showing up durring normal bussiness hours, some of us do not work normal bussiness hours.

Thank you for your attention to this matter
Old 05-14-01, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There's already a couple of threads going on about this. The adult ads only show up late at night by US time, so if you work "unusual" hours, or live outside the US, then you just have to put up with the ads. Nice
Old 05-14-01, 03:43 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Originally posted by conkie
I certainly would not want the supervisor to walk by my desk when that ad poped up on the screen, it would be a little hard to explain.
Perhaps if you were working, this wouldn't be a problem. I don't work conventional hours myself but if my supervisor happened to show up, I wouldn't be surfing the net, I'd be back to work pronto. That way there is nothing to explain.
Old 05-14-01, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally posted by dek
Originally posted by conkie
Perhaps if you were working, this wouldn't be a problem. I don't work conventional hours myself but if my supervisor happened to show up, I wouldn't be surfing the net, I'd be back to work pronto. That way there is nothing to explain.
dek, come on bud. Are you trying to tell me, that you don't take an occassional break from "the grind" ...
Old 05-14-01, 10:54 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
I'm telling you my work doesn't want me to be on the net unless it is business related, Period. Does that mean I do what they say? No. If they really checked they would see that I'm on the web a ton. If I worked conventional hours I'd probably be on it a lot less as my supervisor and the owner and other bosses would be around and I would be working more. Since I can, I goof off. It's ridiculous to complain about seeing the skin ads if you are at work when you should be working. Period.
Old 05-14-01, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

that was not really my point dek. I also thought the ad was possibly inapporpriarte to the image geoff wants to have for his site, i understand that Ad's feed his family, i understand that there is a lack of good ads.

But i also understand that he is very selective about which ad's he will display, even after hours. In my opinion this one was somewhere over that line. Thats all i wanted to point out.
Old 05-14-01, 09:42 PM
Mod Emeritus

Also realize even if your boss doesn't actually catch you surfing the internet while you are on a break, images such as conkie posted will show up in your cache which the MIS/IS dept. can see.