Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E.R.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-01, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A TV Talk Forum and No ER Thread?? 6,000 Threads on Pro-wrestling but no ER thread!?! What has the world come to. Surely there is someone else out there that worships this show as much as I do.

I got sick of the X-files doing "Man-eating-plant" episodes every other week about four years ago. So I went shopping for another one hour drama. And for some reason ER just hooked me and i've been an avid fan ever since.

If anyone has feelings on recent episodes, characters, or upcoming episodes... POST!
Old 04-14-01, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I got sick of the X-files doing "Man-eating-plant" episodes every other week about four years ago. So I went shopping for another one hour drama. And for some reason ER just hooked me and i've been an avid fan ever since.
I'm not going to lie, I've never been an er fan, but it seems (at least from the commercials) that its gotten stuck in this weekly series of emergency room shootings, things exploding, etc. Spectacles that seem out of place in the show. (Read: The Practice (tired drama) syndrome)
Old 04-14-01, 11:38 PM

No arguement here. I think the writers have been more concerned with action than character depth. Besides the unsightly Dr. Weaver lesbian experience

I agree about the practice though. A friend suggested this show, and I gave it a shot. But tlak about out of place! How many pregnant people, explosions, and murders can one law firm have?

ER has been doing well with "firsts" this season. The widescreen is incredible. And they've put alot more detail into there location shots and action sequences. But they've ignored the Benton/Carter relationship. And lets face it, anyone who sleeps with Luca now has every itch that the other doctors have. Hopefully up into sweeps, and this stint of 5 new episodes will be more in depth and revealing than the past episodes have been.
Old 04-14-01, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well, i have been an er fan since the beginning but this year i haven't been into it very much. however, what i have watched has looked incredible!! the widescreen is great. i just wish they would do it for west wing as well. (hope, hope, hope)
Old 04-14-01, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
ER rocks. Plenty of reruns of it on too. 6pm on tnt and I think 10am on tnt too
Old 04-15-01, 12:02 AM

Actually 10:00 AM and 9:00 AM on TNT. And the 6:00 PM you mentioned. Plus its on syndication on the local ABC station on weekend nights at 11:30. So i'm in heaven! Many daily doses.
Old 04-15-01, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I also get it on the fox channel here at 6 on sundays right before futurama

Actually 10:00 AM and 9:00 AM on TNT. And the 6:00 PM you mentioned. Plus its on syndication on the local ABC station on weekend nights at 11:30. So i'm in heaven! Many daily doses.
Old 04-15-01, 09:33 AM

I think ER is a GREAT show, I watch it every Thursday....some people think that the show isn't as great without George Clonney but in my opinion is still really good.
Old 04-15-01, 10:17 PM

New TV guide Synopses:

April 19
It's Corday and Greene's wedding day, but---amid a heavy rain that shows no sign of letting up---they seem to be encountering nothing but trouble in getting to the church on time.
Things begin on a sentimental note as Corday's mother (Judy Parfitt) presents her with earrings that have been in the family for three generations. Then Greene (Anthony Edwards) realizes that he left his wallet at the hospital, and his trip to retrieve it becomes a series of misadventures that includes his car being towed. Corday (Alex Kingston) has her own auto difficulties---the limousine service knows nothing about arrangements to pick her up. In another storyline, the ER staff deals with injuries caused by an overturned prison van.

April 26
Sally Field returns for three episodes as Abby's mother, Maggie, who suffers from bipolar disorder.
After Abby (Maura Tierney) learns from her ex-husband that her mom's been holed up in an Oklahoma motel for three weeks, she decides to fly there and bring her to Chicago for treatment. Carter (Noah Wyle, the 2001 TV GUIDE Award winner for Favorite Supporting Actor in a Drama Series) offers to go with Abby to help, but his kindness upsets Rena (Lourdes Benedicto), who's jealous of Abby. Luka isn't pleased about it either. The ensuing action alternates between the precarious journey back from the motel and events at the hospital, where Corday (Alex Kingston) thinks it's time to deliver her baby, and Benton (Eriq La Salle) treats a former teacher.

May 3
Maggie (Sally Field) testifies in a court hearing; Weaver learns that a patient (Bette Ford) was a TV personality she liked as a child; Benton's ex-teacher has a heart attack.
[Edited by ClarkKentKY on 04-18-01 at 09:35 PM]
Old 05-11-01, 04:36 PM

WEll, my beloved E.R. Thread died... and quick.

But hopefully someone else cares. Okay, So next week the dad that Mark Greene turned over to social services goes nuts and shoots up the Foster Care facility. And the TVguide synopsis says "And Dr. Greene discovers his family may be in danger"

With the rumors floating around about Anthony edwards wanting to leave the series, anyone want to bet he may get shot as the cliffhanger? Or maybe corday? Either scenario would give ample time and reason for him to leave the series early to mid season next year. Perfect timing for sweeps.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-11-01, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I watch the reruns every night at 6 on TNT. Too lazy to get up to watch it at 9 and 10
Old 05-12-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
[B]WEll, my beloved E.R. Thread died... and quick.

/B]

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SPOILER TAG YOUR SPOILERS

BothanAnnoyed
Old 05-12-01, 09:40 PM

Hey, sorry. But that really isn't a spoiler. Anyone who watched the "scenes from next week" Or picked up a TVguide, or anyone who even sees the TV spots for it this week will get the information I gave and more. The stuff about Dr. Green getting shot was just speculation.

I fail to see the spoiler here??
Old 05-13-01, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually missed it last week, what happened? I've seen every other episode for the last two years (started watching it because of the gf) but the second to last episode was so bad that I completely forgot about last week.

The bad one (IMHO) was that one which focused on Abby's mother in court etc., absolutely nothing happened in the ER.
Old 06-05-01, 09:30 PM

Originally found at http://www.comingsoon.net
Sherry Stringfield, an original cast member of "ER" who departed after the show's first three seasons, has made a deal to return for the drama's next three seasons, reports Variety.

That Stringfield will reprise her role as Dr. Susan Lewis is as much a surprise as her decision to leave the show following her third season. Stringfield, who got Emmy nominations for her three seasons, quit long before Warner Bros. extracted a record $13 million an episode from NBC, and then made all of her original cast mates among the highest paid dramatic TV stars of all time (with the exception of George Clooney). Stringfield joined "ER" after starring in the first season of the breakout drama "NYPD Blue" but eventually tired of the media circus that followed TV's top-rated drama.

Stringfield will have one season with Anthony Edwards, with whom she'd generated romantic sparks before her character left to go home to Phoenix. Edwards' Dr. Mark Greene character has married Alex Kingston's Dr. Elizabeth Corday, so there will be interesting dramatic reunion potential.
That will be an interesting return to watch! And it will be interesting to see what they do with the Dr. Green character considering there is basically a countdown to his exit ever-present. Also, dont' forget Carter's Crush on her which was written over as a seperation of maturity. Carter is a much more defined character, and i wouldn't be surprised if they went with that angle. Now I REALLY can't wait for next season!!!

[Edited by ClarkKentKY on 06-05-01 at 07:33 PM]
Old 06-05-01, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

sounds like a case of "I can't find work so I'll come back" like the asian chick (can't think of her name)
Old 06-05-01, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by mikehunt
sounds like a case of "I can't find work so I'll come back" like the asian chick (can't think of her name)
I dunno...Ming Na seemed pretty busy to me from 95-00.
BSPY

Ming-Na
20 November 1968,
Coloane Island, Macau

Mulan II (2003) (V) (voice) .... Mulan
Teddy Bears' Picnic (2001)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) (voice) .... Dr. Aki Ross
... aka Fainaru fantaji (2001) (Japan)
"House of Mouse" (2001) TV Series (voice) .... Mulan

"Outreach" (1999) TV Series (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Dr. Sara Kwan
We Served with Pride: The Chinese American Experience in WWII (1999) (voice) .... Narrator
Spawn 3: Ultimate Battle (1999) (V) (voice)
12 Bucks (1998) .... Gorgeous
Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney's 'Mulan' (1998) (TV) (voice) .... Fa Mulan/Fa Ping
Mulan (1998) (voice) .... Fa Mulan/Fa Ping
Tempting Fate (1998) (TV) .... Ellen Moretti
One Night Stand (1997) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Mimi
"Spawn" (1997/II) TV Series (voice) .... Lisa Wu/Jade
... aka "Todd McFarlane's Spawn" (1997)
"Single Guy, The" (1995) TV Series (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Trudy Sloan
Hong Kong 97 (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Katie Chun
Terminal Voyage (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Han
... aka Starquest (1994) (USA: TV title)
Street Fighter: The Movie (1994/II) (VG) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Chun-Li
Street Fighter (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Chun-Li
... aka Street Fighter: The Battle for Shadaloo (1994)
... aka Street Fighter: The Movie (1994/I)
... aka Street Fighter: The Ultimate Battle (1994)
Vanishing Son IV (1994) (TV) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Mai
"ER" (1994) TV Series .... Dr. Jing-Mei "Deb" Chen (1994-1995, 2000-)

Old 06-06-01, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

ok she had work, just nothing I ever saw

Originally posted by bothanspy
I dunno...Ming Na seemed pretty busy to me from 95-00.
BSPY

Ming-Na
20 November 1968,
Coloane Island, Macau

Mulan II (2003) (V) (voice) .... Mulan
Teddy Bears' Picnic (2001)
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001) (voice) .... Dr. Aki Ross
... aka Fainaru fantaji (2001) (Japan)
"House of Mouse" (2001) TV Series (voice) .... Mulan

"Outreach" (1999) TV Series (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Dr. Sara Kwan
We Served with Pride: The Chinese American Experience in WWII (1999) (voice) .... Narrator
Spawn 3: Ultimate Battle (1999) (V) (voice)
12 Bucks (1998) .... Gorgeous
Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney's 'Mulan' (1998) (TV) (voice) .... Fa Mulan/Fa Ping
Mulan (1998) (voice) .... Fa Mulan/Fa Ping
Tempting Fate (1998) (TV) .... Ellen Moretti
One Night Stand (1997) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Mimi
"Spawn" (1997/II) TV Series (voice) .... Lisa Wu/Jade
... aka "Todd McFarlane's Spawn" (1997)
"Single Guy, The" (1995) TV Series (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Trudy Sloan
Hong Kong 97 (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Katie Chun
Terminal Voyage (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Han
... aka Starquest (1994) (USA: TV title)
Street Fighter: The Movie (1994/II) (VG) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Chun-Li
Street Fighter (1994) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Chun-Li
... aka Street Fighter: The Battle for Shadaloo (1994)
... aka Street Fighter: The Movie (1994/I)
... aka Street Fighter: The Ultimate Battle (1994)
Vanishing Son IV (1994) (TV) (as Ming-Na Wen) .... Mai
"ER" (1994) TV Series .... Dr. Jing-Mei "Deb" Chen (1994-1995, 2000-)

Old 06-07-01, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
I must have been the only person that liked the TV show "The Single Guy." She was in that & was pretty good. She had good chemistry with the dude who played her husband on that show (can't think of his name).
Old 06-08-01, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by brianluvdvd

I must have been the only person that liked the TV show "The Single Guy." She was in that & was pretty good. She had good chemistry with the dude who played her husband on that show (can't think of his name).
I liked the Single Guy. Mostly for olivia D'abo's accent and the chick who played the lesbian wife of Susan on friends. It was an entertaining show. I hated Ming-Na's husband though.

BothanSpy
Old 06-08-01, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
That will be an interesting return to watch! And it will be interesting to see what they do with the Dr. Green character considering there is basically a countdown to his exit ever-present. Also, dont' forget Carter's Crush on her which was written over as a seperation of maturity. Carter is a much more defined character, and i wouldn't be surprised if they went with that angle. Now I REALLY can't wait for next season!!!

[Edited by ClarkKentKY on 06-05-01 at 07:33 PM]
Actually, I wonder how they'll resolve Carter's crush on Abby, will Susan's return allow Carter to re-direct his affections?
Old 06-08-01, 12:15 PM

Well, I think they'll need to play it out a little. This kinda sucks in a way, cause remember the opening for an attendant position!? Susan will fill that spot, meaning niether Deb, nor Carter will get to fill it. Booooo.

I think it will be (in my opinion) Susan who first raises an eyebrow to Carter... I mean he's not the scruffy-headed med student he was when she left. He's leaps and bounds more mature, he's got a little darker... (and his family is worth 148 million dollars) And lets face it, he's probably the best catch in the ER right now. (Luca is a man-whorer; Mark is... well, i dont' know what the hell they're doing to mark, let alone he's married; And then there is Maluci... ... ... Lets just leave that one alone; Romano... well he makes Maluci look sweet, besides anyone always notice he has a barbi-doll-looking girl with him everytime he's paged, whats up with that! Hey there's always Carey, she's playing both sides of the field now... But Susan always hated her, and i think i'll stop watching if another character goes through a dramatic life changing sexual identity crisis.)

Nevertheless this will breath ALOT of new life into the show. It seems They've been introducing characters just to leave them minor, or hardly seen! This year they focused more on guest spots. James cromwell, Sally field, Jim Bellushi.... I mean What is the point in having Maluci around if in the season finale he has literally one line... Hopefully next year will focus alot more on character depth, and in likable ways too.