Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

B5 fans, don't miss tonight's episode....

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

B5 fans, don't miss tonight's episode....

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Severed Dreams is on tonight and that's one that should never be missed. That episode rocks on more than one level.
Old 05-29-01, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, don't tell us! At least, not until tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight!
Old 05-29-01, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

the evil twin - in deference to those who have not seen it, I will post the info tomorrow. It's just such an incredible episode. It's a turning point in the story.

valkyrie - drop back tomorrow and we can discuss it in depth. You'll have to tell me your thoughts on it.
Old 05-29-01, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm taping the whole series. Thanks sci-fi for showing them all in order
Old 05-29-01, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You got it, elektra. I'll be here. It's been tough making it thru the whole 3-day weekend w/o my B5-fix. Thank god the Seattle International Film Festival was in town.

Old 05-29-01, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Dontcha just love when the calvary comes in? (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS)

"This is Ambassador DeLenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our prortection; withdraw or be destroyed... Why not? Only one human Captain has ever survived battle with the Minbari. He is behind me, you are in front of me. If you value your lives, be someplace else."

How can you not love that exchange????? This show just rocks! How do you like the way she handled the Grey Council? She's such a great character!

Your thoughts????
Old 05-30-01, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OH MY GOD! I've been a sci-fi fan for years, but that has to be the single BEST episode of ANYTHING I have ever seen. DAMN!

That was an absolutely AWESOME quote, elektra! I like how the Earthforce ships thought they even had a snowball's chance in hell against the three Minbari cruisers. The entire Earthforce fleet only took down ONE 10 years ago. That's kinda what I call...well, cocky!

Grrr...I also HATE those damn Nightwatch people. They should just execute them now and get it over with (better yet, toss them in a room with a wounded Narn and let the winners walk out alive).

This episode is defintely getting saved. If this doesn't convince my friends to watch this show, nothing will.

Wohooo! Sorry, I'm pumped. The last few episodes have seen B5 kinda getting kicked around, I'm glad they finally stood up to that puny Clarke wanna-be pres. What an idiot. "Let's kill civilians, that will keep people on our side." Good thinking, Ray.

You were absolutely right, that episode was NOT to be missed, thanks for the heads-up! :0)

Gimme more!

Earthforce
Old 05-30-01, 05:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It just continues to get better and better from here. You should try not to miss an episode from here out. Tonights deals a bit more with Night Watch. You're definitely going to want to catch this.

But, backing up to Severed Dreams. Can you imagine being in the military because you felt that this was the best way to serve you planet, you believe in their constitution and then having it all turned upside down and you feel you have to go against everything you swore to uphold? Clark violated the treaty and the only thing left to do is go your own way to try to fix it. What do you do when you're given an illegal order? Do you follow it? Do you question it? JMS gets you on so many levels. Makes me hunger for the new show even more.

If you watched a liked Crusade, now is a good time to write Bonnie Hammer and tell her this. Maybe when the new show's timeline hooks up with the Crusade timeline, they'll pick up Crusade again.
Old 05-30-01, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always looked at "Messages From Earth," "Point of No Return," and "Severed Dreams" as a mini-trilogy within the 3rd season. And like was said, if you have had the audacity to miss an episode up to this point, make sure you don't miss any more. What's amazing is we're barely halfway through the 3rd season - it only gets better.

On another note, I saw Bill Mumy at a convention this weekend, and some poor lady in the front row was watching the series for the first time. He had to keep telling her to cover her ears

das
Old 05-30-01, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The B5 cast are really funny together at conventions when they spend 90 minutes on a panel talking about all their backstage antics. I've seen 3 such panels at Dragon Con these past 3 years (thank goodness I've seen all the episodes and got all the in-jokes), and have never failed to be entertained by the B5 cast. The only 2 B5 cast members I haven't seen in person are Bruce Boxleitner and Michael O'Hare(? - dude that plays Captain Sinclair). All the rest, I've seen and enjoying meeting them. Too bad this show is off the air, because it was quite a ride.
Old 05-30-01, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

das - yea, no kidding. I've seen them all and I wouldn't want to miss one from here out. It's just so well done. When I see this and I look at what they did with Trek, I think of all the possibilities they let get away with Trek. They could have done so much more.

Patman!!!! How's my favorite X-Phile? I've seen everyone at a Con except Pat Tallman and Andrea Thompson. Andreas and Peter on stage together is just hysterical. Bruce is really nice and pretty cool. JMS and Harlan on stage together, now there's something not to be missed. Yea, I'm bummed that this show had to end, but I'm looking forward to the new one even more now. I'm hoping that Sci-Fi will want to pick up Crusade.
Old 05-30-01, 08:52 AM

There's a reason "Severed Dreams" won the Hugo!!
Old 05-31-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, how did you like Ceremonies of Light and Dark? Marcus had some great lines in the bar. First when he tells them that he will be the only one left standing at the table in five minutes and five minutes after that, he'll be the only one left standing in the room.

"They told me I had a lot of repressed anger."

"And?"

"I don't feel repressed any more."

I also liked, "Bugger. Now I have to wait for someone to wake up."
Old 06-01-01, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I also liked how he tossed in the "I always say you get a lot farther than a kind word a 2x4 than you do with just a kind word." Like anyone in 2260 even KNOWS what a 2x4 is. (but hell, with that cool accent, he can say anything and make it sound good.)

So, what's the scoop on tonight's episode? I found the Vir one to be mildly entertaining (but a bit of a letdown after the previous two night's awesome shows). Am I up for more good stuff tonight?

"If you value your life...be somewhere else."
Old 06-01-01, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by valkyrie
I also liked how he tossed in the "I always say you get a lot farther than a kind word a 2x4 than you do with just a kind word." Like anyone in 2260 even KNOWS what a 2x4 is. (but hell, with that cool accent, he can say anything and make it sound good.)

So, what's the scoop on tonight's episode? I found the Vir one to be mildly entertaining (but a bit of a letdown after the previous two night's awesome shows). Am I up for more good stuff tonight?

"If you value your life...be somewhere else."
The answer you're not looking for is, "they're all good!"

das
Old 06-01-01, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I kind of felt bad for Vir. The second that he was introduced to this woman, he had that deer in the headlights look on his face.

Tonight, I believe, is "A Late Delivery from Avalon." This is a kicker episode. Good G'Kar stuff. Can't wait for it myself.
Old 06-01-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Apologies in advance for pooping on a love thread. I do like B5 well enough... But I can't understand why people actually like all of the lame 70s-badass-posturing-crap which almost every character in this show is constantly spouting... It's like he couldn't decide whether to gear the show toward SciFi fans or WWF fans... I love the intricate plotting, but can't make myself forgive some of the worst dialog on modern TV...
Old 06-01-01, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's funny how the ambassador's aides are actually more likeable than most of the ambassadors. Vir is certainly one of those "wrong place, wrong time" kind of people. He never really seems to have gotten a spine throughout most of the seasons thus far, with the very notable exception of the last deal Londo made with Morden. I loved it when he told Londo that he would one day remind him of that conversation, just so Londo would be reminded of how BAD a move that really was. He showed some guts there. All, in all, I like him too, elektra.

I also liked the "confessions" they all made to Delen last night (or was it the night before...must have been that one). Susan's was particularly shocking. Not quite what I expected, that's for sure. I wonder if we'll be seeing Ms. Winters again anytime soon.

I'm looking forward to tonight. I'll be back later this weekend to discuss the show more!
Old 06-01-01, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

adamblast - I'm a 70's TV child, so perhaps that's why I love the dialog. At least you're "pooping" intelligently. You're not just coming out with "That show sucks" and leaving. You're stating your issues, so, I don't have a problem with it.

Valkyrie - one of my favorite Vir lines is the one he says to Morden - "I want to live just long enough to see them cut of your head and stick in on a pike as a warning to the next 10 generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave just like this. Can you and your associates arrange this for me?" You might have missed the episode where Talia spent the night in Susan's quarters and she wakes up and feels the other side of the bed and Susan is gone. She even comments on it. Also, the episode aired where Bester alludes to her (Talia) being disected.
Old 06-03-01, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"And they made a most satisfying thump, when they hit the floor...." You gotta love that line.
Old 06-03-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nothing like a drunk Narn. I did love that line.

I would have liked to seen the conversation between "Arthur" and Delenn if such a thing happened. After all, how do you apologize for firing the first shot that started something so insidious as to wipe a quart of a million people out of existence? Even though he was just following orders...

Once again, we return to that line of questioning from last week, don't we? How do you deal with a 'bad' command. The military prides itself on the chain of command, but what happens when that order violates your professional or moral ethics? What happens then? That was one of the reasons I thought the ending of "A Few Good Men" was so spectacular. The fact they thought that men should follow orders, but that in the end...they should have refused the one they were issued. I like paradoxes like that, and hate them at the same time. I guess in the end, our ability to decide what is right and wrong is what makes us...human. We only hope that when the time comes, we see the decision for what it is, and are able to make that decision with a clear head and conscience.

"Yeah, but this is the post office, we could get into REAL trouble."
Old 06-03-01, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll tell you what, I would absolutely LOVE to get my hands on a Minbari Fighting Pike (den'bok) and a White Star. Okay, okay, I'd love to get my hands on Marcus as well.
Old 06-05-01, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So, how did you like Ship of Tears? Nice bit of info to find out about the Shadow ships, eh?
Old 06-05-01, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
So, how did you like Ship of Tears? Nice bit of info to find out about the Shadow ships, eh?
"Please do not thump the Book of G'Quan."

das
Old 06-05-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

das - imagine having to be DeLenn and having to have the conversation she had with G'kar? That had to be so hard, but they did a good job with it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.