Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Blade Runner Black Out 2022 / Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-17, 08:50 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...on-crunchyroll

Blade Runner Black Out 2022 is a new and highly-anticipated animated short, directed by Cowboy Bebop’s Shinichiro Watanabe, which serves as a prologue for the upcoming feature film Blade Runner 2049… and Crunchyroll and VRV are the first places you’ll get a chance to see it!

Blade Runner Black Out 2022 will be available first on Crunchyroll and VRV beginning on Tuesday 9/26 at 4:49am PST in regions worldwide except Asia.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OD0RCfcaols?rel=0&controls=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-19-17, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
Re: Blade Runner Black Out 2022 animated short (prologue to Blade Runner 2049)

Yes!

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-26-17, 01:56 PM
WTK

Streaming went live earlier today.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner-black-out-2022
http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-run...ut-2022-748417

EDIT:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rrZk9sSgRyQ?rel=0&controls=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by WTK; 09-29-17 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-29-18, 10:00 PM
WTK

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...s-anime-series
Crunchyroll and Adult Swim Team Up for All-New BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS Anime Series

Shinji Aramaki, Kenji Kamiyama, and Shinichiro Watanabe among creative staff

Adult Swim and Crunchyroll have joined forces with Alcon Television Group, a division of Alcon Entertainment, to produce and distribute a new anime series called BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS that is set to feature top creators from Japan.

Inspired by the critically acclaimed Oscar-winning film BLADE RUNNER 2049, BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS will feature thirteen 30-minute episodes produced by animation studio Sola Digital Arts (Ultraman).

Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Standalone Complex) will direct all episodes of the premiere season. Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is a creative producer.

While BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS' plot is being kept under wraps for now, producers have confirmed the story will take place in the year 2032 and will include some familiar characters from the BLADE RUNNER universe.

BLADE RUNNER began life in 1968 as a visionary science fiction novel by Philip K. Dick titled "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" The novel was adapted into the classic BLADE RUNNER film directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford in 1982. The franchise was revived in 2017 with the long awaited follow-up BLADE RUNNER 2049, directed by Denis Villeneuve. As part of 2049's promotion, an anime short film, directed by Shinichiro Watanabe, BLADE RUNNER BLACK OUT 2022, was also released. It is also currently available for viewing on Crunchyroll.

While a release date for the new BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS has not yet been announced, Adult Swim will air the English dubbed episodes on its Toonami programming block. Meanwhile, Crunchyroll will handle worldwide streaming.

BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS is one of several upcoming exciting collaborations between Adult Swim and Crunchyroll, including the recently debuted Mob Psycho 100 on Toonami.

Stay tuned to Crunchyroll News for more updates on BLADE RUNNER - BLACK LOTUS as they arrive!
Old 11-30-18, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Re: Blade Runner Black Out 2022 / Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Fantastic. Such an atmospheric world full of stories.
Old 07-09-21, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Some casting news, for both English and Japanese casts
https://gizmodo.com/blade-runner-bla...led-1847244397

• Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose, voiced by Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida
  • Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles, voiced by Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji
  • Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit, voiced by Samira Wiley / Takako Honda
  • Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation, voiced by Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi
  • Niander Wallace Jr, brilliant scientist working for his father, voiced by Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu
  • Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner, voiced by Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki
  • Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief, voiced by Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara
  • Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD, voiced by Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka
  • Doc Badger, a black market dealer, voiced by Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba
  • Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production, voiced by Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama
  • Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine, voiced by Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima
  • Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation, voiced by Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao
Old 07-09-21, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I love this short so much. Happy to watch 10 episodes. I really feel Shinichiro Watanabe's direction. I don't know what it is.
Old 07-09-21, 09:52 PM
WTK

Comic-Con@Home 2021 https://www.comic-con.org/cci/programming-schedule

Friday, July 23
- Blade Runner: Black Lotus | 5:00pm - 6:00pm
The Blade Runner franchise is coming to TV with Blade Runner: Black Lotus. Hear from Shinji Aramaki (co-director), Kenji Kamiyama (co-director), Joseph Chou (executive producer), Wes Gleason (voice director), Jessica Henwick (voice of Elle), and Jason DeMarco (co-creator of Toonami and moderator) as they discuss the highly anticipated new series coming to Adult Swim and Crunchyroll later this fall.
Old 07-23-21, 09:03 PM
WTK

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...and-key-visual

BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS | Official Trailer | adult swim
​​​​​​​

Blade Runner: Black Lotus | A Crunchyroll and Adult Swim Production | OFFICIAL TRAILER

Blade Runner: Black Lotus | Comic-Con@Home 2021

Old 07-23-21, 09:34 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,184 Likes on 836 Posts

I dig it. Can't wait!
Old 07-24-21, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A lot of twitter seems to hate it but I’m excited for it. I think it’s a good example of looking at a world from a movie or show and asking “what else is happening in this world?”.

To me it’s clear she’s a replicant, but the question will be why is she so special that she requires a full strike team to take down. Deckard and K were on their own and handled their replicants fairly well.
The following users liked this post:
Dan (07-24-21)
Old 07-24-21, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

I am disappointed because I thought it was going to be like Black Out. But I’ll check it out.

Cool there is still Blade Runner nearly 40 years later. I first saw it in early DVD days. Very first remember it from a free Windows 95 game I got. Never expected it to be expanded on.
Old 07-24-21, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler
I am disappointed because I thought it was going to be like Black Out. But I’ll check it out.

Cool there is still Blade Runner nearly 40 years later. I first saw it in early DVD days. Very first remember it from a free Windows 95 game I got. Never expected it to be expanded on.
Considering how influential it’s been over the years to so many movies and shows and comics (The Matrix and Bubblegum Crisis come to mind, among many others), it’s more surprising that it’s taken this long to get another movie or show done.

I really think animated is the best way to get a deeper look into the world due to the design aesthetics.
Old 08-05-21, 05:48 PM
WTK

BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS - Opening | Feel You Now

Opening Sequence | Blade Runner: Black Lotus | Toonami

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ening-revealed

Last edited by WTK; 08-05-21 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-07-21, 08:08 PM
WTK

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...on-november-13

A Blade Runner: Black Lotus panel was held today at New York Comic Con, revealing more details about the upcoming Crunchyroll and Adult Swim production. The series is officially set to premiere with two back-to-back episodes on November 13 at 9:00pm Pacific Time, with Crunchyroll streaming in Japanese with English subtitles and Adult Swim airing the English language version.

Co-directors Shinji Aramaki and Kenji Kamiyama were joined by executive producer Joseph Chou and futurist Maurice Conti to discuss the project, specifically touching upon how the Blade Runner world compares to our own future. They also took a moment to share a new trailer and key art from the upcoming series.

Old 10-08-21, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, that music is spot on. I'm still excited to see these but I was thinking they were on Netflix for some reason?
Not sure if we have subs for either [adult swim] or CrunchyRoll.
Old 10-08-21, 07:30 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Not sure if we have subs for either [adult swim] or CrunchyRoll.
AS = English dub
CR = Japanese with English subtitles

Both will launch at the same time.
Old 10-09-21, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by WTK
AS = English dub

Sorry, I meant subscriptions. We have a bunch of streaming subscriptions and I can’t keep them straight. I think we have [as] via our HBOMax but I would have preferred the Japanese version.
Old 10-09-21, 02:12 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by milo bloom
Originally Posted by WTK
AS = English dub

Sorry, I meant subscriptions. We have a bunch of streaming subscriptions and I can’t keep them straight. I think we have [as] via our HBOMax but I would have preferred the Japanese version.
Streaming options:

Subtitled version is only available through Crunchyroll. You can stream right away when it launches if you're a subscriber. If not, free streaming should be available 1 week later.

English dub version is available through Adult Swim (Toonami). On demand will be available on their own site: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/bla...er-black-lotus. Recent episodes will typically require qualified service provider login info.

HBO Max has select Adult Swim content under Adult Swim Collection. It doesn't have the actual channel feed.
Old 11-06-21, 11:02 AM
WTK

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...ad-of-premiere

The premiere of Blade Runner: Black Lotus is right around the corner, with two back-to-back episodes set to debut on Crunchyroll and Adult Swim on November 13 at 9:00pm Pacific Time. While we wait for it to arrive, a new trailer is here to preview more of the futuristic action to come.

Last edited by WTK; 11-06-21 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-11-21, 09:10 PM
WTK

BLADE RUNNER: BLACK LOTUS | Premiere Sneak Peek: Elle's Lost Past | adult swim

Old 11-13-21, 11:00 PM
WTK

Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Crunchyroll (sub) streaming URL: https://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner-black-lotus

Dub is airing on Toonami (Adult Swim).

2 episodes are premiering today.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus X Blade Runner 2049 (Full Panel) | Adult Swim Festval 2021

Pull up a chair and hear from the creatives behind Blade Runner 2049, Blackout 2022 and Blade Runner: Black Lotus as they deep dive into the Blade Runner universe. Stay tuned after the panel for a new episode of Blade Runner: Black Lotus.

Blade Runner: Black Lotus Full Episode Premiere

Last edited by WTK; 11-13-21 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-14-21, 09:58 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by WTK
Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Crunchyroll (sub) streaming URL: https://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-runner-black-lotus

Dub is airing on Toonami (Adult Swim).

2 episodes are premiering today.
English dub episodes will be available via streaming after broadcast: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/bla...er-black-lotus. Episode 1 is currently free. Episode 2 will require qualified cable provider login. Adult Swim already took down their episode 1 YouTube stream.
Old 11-14-21, 10:37 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

I watched the first two episodes. Aside from the amnesia trope, I actually do quite like where it's going. The music is great, and although there's something... dated... about the character animation in particular, I feel like the sets and landscapes all look very nice and appropriate for the genre.

I'm going to stick with it.
Old 11-21-21, 03:43 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Third episode was good. My 14-day Crunchyroll free trial will end before the next episode comes up, but I also have a 75 day trial I can redeem using a different email/cc thanks to Game Pass.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.