Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

The All New Rightstuf.com

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

rightstuf.com is now rightstufanime.com

Click to see Whats New
Old 06-18-15, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Re: The All New Rightstuf.com

So no weekly deals (I see the megadeal, which is the replacement for deal of the day).

Also the new site doesn't support the "you already purchased" banner; I rely on that too much, which tells you that I buy too much stuff that I haven't yet watched...

Lots of complaints so far, but they're still working on it, and I hope it works out, I love the store. On an hopefully unrelated note, a major website change to a "new, flashy, but decidedly worse" website is one of the (but not the only) things that eventually sunk my main online comicbook store (mailordercomics)
Old 06-18-15, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fujishig
So no weekly deals (I see the megadeal, which is the replacement for deal of the day).

Also the new site doesn't support the "you already purchased" banner; I rely on that too much, which tells you that I buy too much stuff that I haven't yet watched...

Lots of complaints so far, but they're still working on it, and I hope it works out, I love the store. On an hopefully unrelated note, a major website change to a "new, flashy, but decidedly worse" website is one of the (but not the only) things that eventually sunk my main online comicbook store (mailordercomics)
Yeah they are still working on it I have a few open orders that I can't find in my history on the website.

I think I might like the new Paypal feature, when I create a new order that includes pre-orders it would charge me right away for everything.

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-18-15 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-18-15, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you're struggling to find the Weekly Specials and Daily Deals page, struggle no longer because you won't find them. Instead, we have partnered with several companies to bring you new fantastic discounts on items in our Mega Deals, and we will return with new specials next Thursday.
Everything it explained here http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...tStufAnime-com
Old 06-19-15, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Uh... order history from orders prior to this year are gone and not being ported over? What?

edited to add: Oh, Shawne said they will work on importing a bit more, though not everything.
Old 06-19-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The last I heard was that Right Stuf plans to eventually port all the old order information over over the next few weeks.
Old 06-21-15, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Source http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post313511

this is about importing orders.

We have all closed orders since 1/1/15 and anything that was open in. History will come later, it was not as urgent in my feeling to get the site up and running.
Old 06-21-15, 05:53 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/rightstuf/p...53204132197745
We have completed our initial imports to our website of order history. If you have an open order with us, or have purchased since 1/1/2015, your order history back to that date should show in your account. Thank you for your patience with us during our system changeover. As we could not move encrypted passwords, you will need to use the "reset your password" to re-connect to your account. If you haven't purchased from us since 12/31/14 you will need to set up a new account, and we will attach it to additional history when we add it.

We see the comments and suggestions, and have made note of them. I appreciate constructive criticism, although I can't promise everything suggested will happen immediately. Our new site represents a complete rearchitecture of our systems replacing several components that were more than a decade old (and one that was almost 20 years old). This will allow us to add new features and enhancements over time that we haven't been able to, such as our ability to take Paypal now. We'll continue to work on many things going forward, and I do hope that you'll appreciate them. I definitely want to give a shout out to our staff as they have worked incredibly hard to build and design processes for virtually everything that we do, and manage cutting over an immense amount of data. It was a herculean effort. I realize the switch wasn't perfect (with undertakings such as this you rarely cover every single thing), and there are many things left to do, but I'm very pleased with our re-launch and know we'll be able to build from here to better service customers in the future.

We'll be back to normal shipping tomorrow. Have a great week.
-- Dark Lord Kleckner
Old 06-22-15, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

The filtering is appreciated, maybe it was there before but I could never figure it out and putting in a title would bring up the two DVDs I was interested in and the 2,307,075 manga editions I wasn't interested in.
Old 06-23-15, 03:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love the new search facets, there is a real good chance I might buy stuff when I browse the store using the search facets. The old website was very complex when I tried to use "Advanced Search"

Amazon shows the same kind of results when using search. I didn't like the way Right Stuf's search was before, without using "Advanced Search" you had to type the full name like "Certain Magical Index", "Certain Scientific Railgun" or "Shakugan no Shana" with the new search you can just type "Index", "Railgun" or "Shana" then use search facets to find what your looking for. also any spelling mistakes showed nothing on the old website, now you might get lucky and show you what your looking for.

I misspelled part of an anime name and the title I was looking for poped up first, I searched for "rouge hero"

Image of old "Advanced Search"
Unless you knew exactly what you were looking for "Advanced Search" didn't help.
Old 06-23-15, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I'm glad they're still around, I bought a stuffed Ryo-ohki Plush from them about 15 years ago, I'm not sure that it ever came in, but I got a catalog!
Old 07-07-15, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

It's definitely easier searching for Blu-rays on the new site. There are still some glitches in the site, I had a mess of problems with one order.
Old 07-25-15, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

source

New items page now has a direct link to add items to your cart.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/new-items/

Couple other under-the-hood things today. But progress.
Old 08-06-15, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Apparently partial shipments (for big orders where you have a bunch of preorders, and they would ship it in chunks as product came in) are a thing of the past.
Old 08-07-15, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Partial orders will be back in near Future. I believe you have to pay extra for partial orders unless Rightstuf decides to split orders becouse someing is not in stock, which they still do. I could be wrong.

Edit: Just create two separate orders. And if they are both over $49 you don't have to pay shipping. Although I seen where they shipped two orders together.

Last edited by chrisc31; 08-07-15 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-09-15, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only problem I found with using Paypal, I like that they charge for everything right away but Ranma 1/2 volume 7 just shipped today, yesterday was its release date. If I ordered with Credit Card the anime said it was in stock and available two weeks ago.