Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

2015 Winter Simulcasts

Old 01-03-15, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2015 Winter Simulcasts

Via ANN

FUNimation Entertainment announced on Friday that it will stream the anime of Takumi Hiiragi-Boshi's Absolute Duo light novel series.

The series will premiere on January 4 on AT-X and run for 12 episodes. Funimation will announce when it will stream the anime later.

Absolute Duo

In a world of heroes who wield magical weapons known as Blaze, Thor Kokonoe's manifests instead as a shield. Things aren't all bad for Thor, though: he's enrolled in an elite school that pairs students up into Duos, and his own partner is the beautiful Julie Sigtuna, a silver-haired exchange student who wields a wicked pair of blades. Along with a bevy of Blazing beauties, Thor's high school adventures are just beginning!

Last edited by chrisc31; 01-03-15 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-05-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: 2015 Winter Simulcasts

Crunchyroll has announced the following to this point, with at least three more to come (?):

ALDNOAH.ZERO (Season 2)
Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!
Magic Kaito 1412
Samurai Warriors
The Testament of Sister New Devil

I'm sticking with ALDNOAH.ZERO, but none of the others sound all that interesting. I might give Magic Kaito 1412 a shot and hope it isn't another Nanana's Buried Treasure.
Old 01-05-15, 10:25 PM

Crunchyroll also gave a half-assed announcement for KanColle. They haven't specified the airdate or territories. Hopefully it'll be in the North America.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...-aldnoahzero-2
Old 01-06-15, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm curious how does ALDNOAH.ZERO going to deal with
Spoiler:
two main characters that were killed in first season....

Had to spoilerize it in case anyone haven't seen first season.
Old 01-06-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:

If this was your teacher how are you suppose to concentrate and learn anything?
Old 01-06-15, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
Crunchyroll also gave a half-assed announcement for KanColle. They haven't specified the airdate or territories. Hopefully it'll be in the North America.
They have since clarified that it will be available to the United States and Canada, among others.

They also added Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend and Military! for North America. Saekano looks like it could be fun.
Old 01-07-15, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via ANN

Crunchyroll announced on Monday that it will stream the anime The Testament of Sister New Devil (Shinmai Maō no Testament) based on the light novel series by Tetsuto Uesu (Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero). The series will stream for members on Wednesdays at 2:00 p.m. EST, starting on January 7, and for free users one week later.

Basara Toujo is a high school student whose father has suddenly just remarried. His father then departs overseas leaving Basara with two new beautiful step-sisters. Little does he know, his new sisters, Mio and Maria are actually the new Demon Lord and a succubus!? Almost trapped into a life of servitude, Basara forms a reverse contract by accident and ends up becoming Mio’s master! Hijinks ensue as Basara finds himself in one ecchi situation after another. However, Mio’s life is in danger as she is pursued by demons and heroes!
Old 01-07-15, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Crunchyroll just announced Unlimited Fafnir for the U.S. (but not Canada?)

Twenty-five years ago, the world suddenly changed when monsters called "Dragons" appeared; seeking to ravage the earth and find mates. Over time, superhuman girls possessing the powers of the dragons, called "D girls" were born. Yuu Mononobe is the only male "D" in existence and is forced to enroll at Midgar - an academy for D girls. At the academy, he accidentally runs into Iris, a delinquent D girl, while she’s naked, and even reunites with this long lost sister, Mitsuki, whom he was separated with at birth. Will Iris and Yuu, the boy who is supposed to become the strongest assassin, be able to challenge the seven dragons that threaten to destroy the world?
So...basically Infinite Stratos with dragons?
Old 01-08-15, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by chrisc31 View Post
Spoiler:

If this was your teacher how are you suppose to concentrate and learn anything?
I caught the first episode of Absolute Duo. Wasn't too crazy about it. The hyper-moe teacher was the best part of the show. I might give it another 1-2 episodes to see if it improves.
Old 01-08-15, 10:10 PM

Well, so far I've watched the first episodes for Absolute Duo, KanColle, The Testament of Sister New Devil, SaeKano, and Military. None of them have impressed me.

Where are the good shows this season?
Old 01-09-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

More Crunchyroll announcements for the U.S. and Canada:

Fafner Exodus
Tatsumiyajima is the central island in the middle of a small cluster of islands, in a sleepy backwater of the Japanese isles. Not much happens there, and the island's young people go to school knowing that their lives are likely to remain peaceful and undisturbed. Or so they have been taught... but the truth is different. The fate of mankind is on the line, and Tatsumiyajima is the last line of defense against a hostile and incomprehensible enemy. At the center of it all, fighting for Humanity's continued existence, is the giant robot Fafner, the dragon that guards this final treasure of mankind. Fafner Exodus will be set 2 years after the first attacks of the festums.
Gourmet Girl Graffiti
Known in Japan as Koufuku Graffiti, Gourmet Girl Graffiti focuses on Ryo Machiko, a junior high school student who lives on her own. She loves to cook, but since her grandmother died, food hasn't tasted the same. When she invites her cousin Kirin over, she rediscovers her love of eating. With Kirin and her friend Shiina, Ryo learns that the flavor of life is found in eating warm food with your friends!
World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman (broken link?)
Based on the light novel series Seiken Tsukai no World Break, by Akamitsu Awamura, the story is set at a private school that brings together “Saviors” – students who have awakened memories of their past lives as Shirogane or Kuroma. Shirogane use weapons gleaned with Puraana from their bodies to fight enemies, while Kuroma use magic by manipulating Maana to banish their foes. Moroha Haimura has just enrolled into the private school and is the first Savior in history who has awakened memories of being both a Shirogane and Kuroma.
Old 01-09-15, 04:35 PM

I just watched Yurikuma Arashi. That was a bizarre acid trip. The story is something about cute yuri bears eating cute yuri schoolgirls. The visuals were interesting. I'm not sure if it's full of symbolism or just full of nonsense. I might give it another shot to see where they go with it.
Old 01-10-15, 01:04 PM

Assassination Classroom was the first show I really enjoyed so far this season. I've been hearing a lot of hype about it the past couple months. Glad to see it live up to it. That's gonna be a fun show.
Old 01-12-15, 06:31 PM

I just watched The Rolling Girls. This was a big surprise. It might end up being the best show of the season. Cute girls, fun comedy, exciting action, and beautiful artwork.

If you're looking for some good stuff to watch this season, definitely check out this one.

FUNimation is pleased to announce that we have acquired the rights for Rolling Girls! Get ready for an action-packed and awesomely-animated new show—and the first original TV animated series from Wit Studio, the powerhouse that brought you Attack on Titan! After Wit Studio burst through the gates with Attack on Titan as their first animated series, both fandom and industry have been closely following to see what they’ll bring us next. Aside from cool characters and motorcycles, The Rolling Girls features energetic fight scenes and dynamic movement that any animation visual effects fan (that’s sakuga otaku) will love.

What’s The Rolling Girls actually about? The short of it is that a kickass group of girls ride around a war-ravaged Japan on their sweet bikes, solving problems and figuring stuff out in this brave new world.

Read More - http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/...-rolling-girls
Old 01-13-15, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I watched the first two episodes of Magic Kaito 1412 last night, and it's pretty enjoyable if you can roll with how completely implausible the whole thing is. I was unaware that it was a spinoff of Detective Conan/Case Closed, of which I have never seen a single episode.
Old 01-14-15, 12:36 PM

That was an excellent premiere episode for Yatterman Night. I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

I also caught Maria the Virgin Witch. It was pretty good. I'm not into historical/fantasy shows. But I'm interested to see where it goes with the witches. So I'll give it a couple more episodes.

FUNi got some great shows this season. Their line-up might be better than Crunchy's.
Old 01-18-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the first episode of World Break. http://www.funimation.com/shows/world-break/videos

Akane Academy is just like any other school…except the students just happen to be reincarnated legendary heroes from a distant past who battled for the fate of the world. Now, evil monsters are threatening to wreak havoc, and it's up to the students of Akane Academy to stop them! Follow Moroha, Shizuno, and Satsuki as they navigate love, past lives, and kicking butt in this action fantasy with a dash of fanservice.
Old 01-25-15, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really like the following animes this winter.

World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman
Absolute Duo

Other animes I'm watching so far are:

Saekano -How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend-
The Idol [email protected] Cinderella Girls
Old 01-25-15, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by chrisc31 View Post
Other animes I'm watching so far are:

The Idol [email protected] Cinderella Girls
Is this streaming anywhere? I was disappointed that Crunchyroll didn't pick it up.
Old 01-25-15, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this streaming anywhere? I was disappointed that Crunchyroll didn't pick it up.
The [email protected] Cinderella Girls is currently streaming on Daisuki.
Old 03-17-15, 11:19 PM

Is it just me, or has this season been a downer? I mean, there's a few good shows. But overall I can't get into it. There's nothing that really excites me and I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Hopefully, next season will be better.
Old 03-17-15, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is it just me, or has this season been a downer? I mean, there's a few good shows. But overall I can't get into it. There's nothing that really excites me and I can't wait to watch the next episode.

Hopefully, next season will be better.
It all depends on what you like. This season I don't think is so bad, I am watching more shows this season then most past seasons. now I even started rewatching a few Funimations broadcast dubs and the latest sub episodes for those shows.