Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Video Games for Anime Fans

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Video Games for Anime Fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-15, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Video Games for Anime Fans

This thread loads terribly slow for me, I don't think DVDtalk renders pages very well with so many YouTube videos in one thread.

Why do those figures sell out so quickly? Do they purposely limit their numbers to create a frenzy?
Old 04-26-15, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This thread loads terribly slow for me, I don't think DVDtalk renders pages very well with so many YouTube videos in one thread.

Why do those figures sell out so quickly? Do they purposely limit their numbers to create a frenzy?
I removed a bunch of videos that was not needed.

I think the figures was overstock from Japan. Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart PSvita Limited Edition game in Japan had the Noire figure included. I think there was a little over 500 figures and it was one per person.

The same thing happened with HyperDimension Neptunia re;birth 1 Limited Edition, They included the 8-bit Nep-Nep rubber strap from Japanese Premium Edition but their was only one thousand of them. It was sold on Amazon Market place and they said that some people found ways to order more then one, so they brought the store to their website.

Last edited by chrisc31; 04-26-15 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-29-15, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

Tons of games on sale on PSN due to golden week.
Old 05-07-15, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,505 Posts

I guess I'll put this here. I never thought this series would ever get released here, since I figured the licensing alone would be too complex, so naturally I imported (however this is getting a PS4 release here, when it was only Vita and PS3 in Japan, so I'll double dip)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/j-...tory-vs/119638

J Stars Victory Vs+, a fighting/adventure game featuring a mix of pretty much every popular series published in Shonen Jump. This includes:
Ichigo and Aizen from Bleach
Bobobo-bo
Dr. Slump
Goku, Vegeta, and Frieza from Dragon Ball
Kenshiro and Raoh from Fist of the North Star
Gon and Killua from Hunter x Hunter
Jonathan and Joseph Joestar from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Naruto, Sasuke, and Madara from Naruto
Luffy, Ace, Hancock and Akainu from One Piece
Kenshin and Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin
Seiya from St. Seiya
Toriko and Zebra from Toriko
Yusuke, Hiei, and Toguro from Yu Yu Hakusho

and others as playabe characters, plus more as support characters. Like most licensed games, it's not the greatest game in the world, I'm just amazed they're actually bringing it over (now where's Super Robot Wars non OG?). Gamestop's got an exclusive physical book to go with the game.
Old 05-29-15, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hyperdimension Neptunia games on stream for PC

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation

Last edited by chrisc31; 12-05-15 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-03-15, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Megadimension Neptunia VII: Official Website

via ANN
Idea Factory International announced on Wednesday that it will release Megadimension Neptunia VII (Shin Jigen Game Neptune VII) in North America and Europe. The PlayStation 4 game is slated for 2016.
Story

Neptune's adventure is now going out of this world――
And entering the world of Platform Zero

G.C. 2015

Gamindustri has entered a precarious season known as the CPU Shift Period.
During this time of social unrest,
deprecating rumors about the CPUs have begun to saturate Gamindustri.
Neptune and the others worry the citizens will soon call for new leaders
to replace the them and that their rule will end.
In these critical moments for Planeptune,
Neptune and Nepgear mysteriously disappear.

Their destination:
a divergent world, nearing its catastrophic end,
called the Zero Dimension.

They encounter the last remaining CPU of this world,
Uzume Tennouboshi, who is desperately waging
a lonely battle against a colossal evil known as the Dark CPU.

Will Neptune and Nepgear be able to work together
with Uzume in order to save Zero Dimension from tragedy?
So begins a new adventure for Neptune...

Last edited by chrisc31; 09-03-15 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-05-15, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via Idea Factory Facebook

Zombies, fairies, and monsters, oh my! All the way from Idea Factory International’s 2nd Press Event in the City by the Bay, San Francisco, Iffy is proud to announce their console and Steam lineup for the upcoming year!
As of last night, we are excited to announce two new titles, MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune for the PS Vita VS Zombies and Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force for the PS4!

Check out the official websites:
http://ideafintl.com/blanc-zombies
http://ideafintl.com/fff-adf

We will also be bringing three titles to Steam, Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed, Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, and Monster Monpiece. Additionally, the updated PC port of Monster Monpiece will not have multiplayer support, however it will include all the original artwork featured in the Japanese release of the game.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YQzLSjhSMKA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by chrisc31; 12-08-15 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-05-15, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6VBGhX_dGuA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megadimension Neptunia VII is slated for February 2, 2016.
Old 12-07-15, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Press Release

XSEED GAMES ANNOUNCES LIMITED EDITION VERSION OF SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
First Home Console Release in SENRAN KAGURA Series to Receive Bountiful “Endless Summer” Edition Containing Art Book, Collectible Character Cards, and 2-Disc Soundtrack

Torrance, CA, (December 7, 2015) – XSEED Games, the independent-minded console publishing brand of Marvelous USA, Inc., today announced that the latest iteration and first home console release in its busty brawler series, SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS, will launch on the PlayStationŽ4 computer entertainment system and PlayStationŽVita handheld entertainment system with a limited “Endless Summer” retail release containing an art book packed full of artwork from the SENRAN KAGURA series, a randomly chosen set of 2.5” by 3.5” collectible “pin-up cards” featuring a selection of buxom beauties from one of ESTIVAL VERSUS’ playable factions, and a 2-disc soundtrack.

In SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS, a mystical phenomenon transports the buxom beauties of the titular series to a parallel dimension to face off against their rivals in a new kind of battle. In this strange world – which resembles a sunny, sandy island paradise – the girls are thrown for another loop as they encounter departed loved ones and ultimately have to decide if they can bear to part from them a second time.

With over two dozen characters, making this the biggest roster in the series’ history, SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS boasts more moves, more story, more attitude, and more destruction online with matches that can support up to 10 players (PS4™ system version only; “PSVita” system supports up to 4 players). All the previous shinobi girls return with a host of upgraded moves to master, and new playable characters offer more challenges to conquer, along with a story that's equal parts sexy and shocking, serious and scandalous, busty and bouncy.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KTua8GyQRc8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Developed by Marvelous Inc. and Tamsoft, and published in North America by XSEED Games, SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS is coming Q1 2016 to PS4™ and “PSVita” systems. The limited Endless Summer physical release has a suggested retail price of $59.99 for PS4™ system and $49.99 for “PSVita” system, while the digital release of the game on the PlayStationŽStore will be available for $49.99 on PS4™ system and $39.99 on “PSVita” system. This title has yet to be rated by the ESRB.
For more information on XSEED Games products, please visit www.xseedgames.com. Fans can also follow XSEED Games on Facebook at www.facebook.com/XSEEDGames and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/XSEEDGames.
Old 02-02-16, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Megadimension Neptunia VII was released for PS4 today, I bought the Limited Edition that I hope I get tomorrow in the mail.
Old 02-25-16, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Via XSeed Facebook

SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS LAUNCHING 3/15

Hey guys! We've announced our official release date for Estival Versus: March 15th! Check out our new trailer, which takes a look at the Overseers of the Festival!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUy5qnWRzPw
Old 03-31-16, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via ANN

"Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X" Heads to the Americas This Fall

Sega announced on Thursday that it will release Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X in North and South America this fall on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. The game will be available both physically and digitally on both systems.
Watch Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eODFStJvweo

Official website - http://miku.sega.com/divax/

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X features include:

Digital Singers Take Over the Living Room - Produce live concerts accessorized to the max with unlockable costumes, songs, and stages to create custom live concert starring Hatsune Miku and her friends!

30 Miku Tracks - An assortment of new and classic Hatsune Miku music will be yours to jam to! The songs are split into auras and have different difficulties and challenges to complete. Project DIVA X includes new arrangements and medleys by beloved artists as well.

Cloud Requests - Go to five different Clouds with Miku and her friends, and explore them and the challenges within. But naturally, selecting the right modules and accessories are key to fulfilling the requests. There's also Free Play, which offers the traditional experience for Project DIVA games.

Interact with Miku and Her Friends - Things start to get very meta for the digital singer as she and her friends discover what it's like to live in the world of Project DIVA X - players can interact with the characters.

Last edited by chrisc31; 03-31-16 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-31-16, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via ANN

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombie Game's Western Release Delayed

Idea Factory International announced on Thursday that the release date for its MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (Gekijigen Tag Blanc + Neptunia VS Zombie Gundan) PlayStation Vita game has been delayed from April 26 to May 10 in North America. The game was slated for April 29 in Europe but the release date is now "to be announced."
Watch Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX_6AOLgVk4

Idea Factory International describes the game as follows:

Fight off zombie hordes with friends in the first multiplayer game in the Neptunia series, MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies for the PlayStationŽVita system and PlayStationŽTV! Set in Gamicademi, Gamindustri's academy for CPUs and CPU candidates, Blanc and friends must film a movie to save their school, fend off zombies, and look cute at the same time! Play with up to 4 friends or tag team with up to 4 characters, including new characters, Tamsoft and Uzume Tennouboshi, and familiar faces, Plutia, Peashy, Dengekiko, and Famitsu to Nep up some zombies! Additionally, you can stylize characters with accessories like glasses, eye patches, and masks to make sure you look extra cute while slaying!
Old 03-31-16, 06:57 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Touhou Project! One of my favorite video games ever, starring Reimu, a shrine maiden, as she fights youkai and other things. Check it out.
Old 04-07-16, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

via Idea Factory facebook

Iffy stars in her very own RPG in Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls™, exclusively on the PlayStationŽVita system for North America and Europe! It will be available this Fall as a digital and a physical release and compatible with the PlayStationŽTV.

Play as IF and jump, dash, climb, and crawl through this RPG adventure to recover the lost history! With the help of the Sega Hard Girls, the journey to save the world Iffy-cially starts now!

Check out the NA splash page here! http://ideafintl.com/nep-sega-us
*EU Splash page coming soon
Old 06-29-16, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just pre ordered Gal Gun, this looks fun.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/gal-gun-d...nglish-trailer

Last edited by chrisc31; 06-29-16 at 08:02 AM.