Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

Collecting Inuyasha? Best DVDs to get?

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Old 10-20-12, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

There appears to be a metric crap-tonne of different kinds of DVDs for this series out there, with some being listed as edited/dubbed. Now while my wife and I were introduced to Inuyasha via Adult Swim, and would probably watch this particular series in English, I would prefer to have the original audio as an option.

Is there a preferred release of the season sets? Or are the single disc volumes OK to pick up? I'd likely put them in thinpacks if I did that.
Old 10-20-12, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 277 Likes on 212 Posts
Re: Collecting Inuyasha? Best DVDs to get?

Originally Posted by milo bloom
There appears to be a metric crap-tonne of different kinds of DVDs for this series out there, with some being listed as edited/dubbed. Now while my wife and I were introduced to Inuyasha via Adult Swim, and would probably watch this particular series in English, I would prefer to have the original audio as an option.

Is there a preferred release of the season sets? Or are the single disc volumes OK to pick up? I'd likely put them in thinpacks if I did that.
The Right Stuf is having a sale on INUYASHA season box sets for $10 per set. An unbelievable bargain. (I paid $20.99 per set for the first two seasons--54 episodes total--on Amazon a year or so ago.)

WTK has a thread on "Official Anime Bargains" in the DVD Bargains forum. Here's a link to the post that announced this sale:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11432740-post36.html
Old 10-20-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Damn. Thanks I try to check the bargain threads but I get behind.
Old 10-20-12, 05:37 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 527 Likes on 464 Posts

Get the TV sets from RightStuf.com (see links below). They are the regular editions (digipak) with both English and Japanese dubs. Viz Media is pretty much liquidating these stock to re-release them again (in keepcase; 1st season next month). These prices are as cheap as they are to get and even the re-releases (MSRP: $24.98) probably won't be this cheap any time soon.From there, there are 4 movies. There are 2 collections (1 is LE w/CDs and 1 is regular edition).

InuYasha: The Final Act (26 episodes) wraps the series up. First set to be released on November 20th and the second set on February 12th (DVD and Blu-ray).

EDIT: not all of the InuYasha sets are currently in-stock @ TRSI, so the wait/turnaround time may vary.