Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-15, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: What anime have you watched or/are currently watching?

Slowly working my way through 009-1 (it's not very good so far).
Old 03-13-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 152 Likes on 99 Posts

Just started Blue Spring Ride. I'm enjoying it despite things getting a bit sappy at times.

Durarara!! x2 picked up right where the first season left off, which is a good thing in my book. (As a result, you'll need to watch the first season for most things to make sense.) Really enjoying this one so far.

Log Horizon 2 has been a bit unfocused, but also still enjoyable. I can't see any way they can (successfully) wrap things up this season, but I haven't seen an announcement for a third season yet.

Shit is about to hit the fan in ALDNOAH.ZERO, and there have been a few consequences in the second half.
Old 03-16-15, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 815 Likes on 689 Posts

Unbreakable Machine Doll. A little uneven but fairly fun through nine episodes. The characters are probably better than the execution, I've felt more could have been done with the plot so far. I thought this was going to be a harem show but it's not really one.
Old 03-26-15, 06:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im watched old anime, maybe few years ago this anime is top. death note and coe geas
Old 03-29-15, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Patema Inverted from GKIDS is really good, I recommend it. Also The Tale of The Princess Kaguya I think this is going to take me awhile to watch, and its not for kids.

Last edited by chrisc31; 03-29-15 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-29-15, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot of anime shows I watch has came to end... Ace of the Diamond, ALDNOAH.ZERO, Durarara, Yona of the Dawn, and Cross Ange. I know Yowamushi Pedal will end tomorrow (I followed the manga).

Now I'll have to figure out what other anime I should watch...
Old 04-04-15, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by chrisc31
I just finished watching A Certain Magical Index season 1 & 2 and also the movie all on Blu-ray. I watched season 1 before but season 2 and the movie it was the first time.
I've been stuck near the end of season one, maybe I will finish it out. I liked the first half of season one more than the second half, the focus drifts from Index which I didn't like. It's still a show I would very much recommend.
Old 04-06-15, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Finished up ALDNOAH.ZERO and Log Horizon 2 over the weekend. I was pretty pleased with how the former played out, but the latter needs a third season to try to make sense of the mess they created in the second season. I was never bored with it, but they wasted a lot of time jumping around instead of resolving...well, anything.

The first half of Durarara!! x2 also finished up, with the second half returning in July. I am still enjoying this one as well, although several of the first season's characters are severely underutilized, and most of the new characters are dull, underutilized, or both. I do like Vorona a lot, though.

I watched the first episode of KanColle and don't have any interest in continuing it.

I marathoned Kokoro Connect over the past couple of weeks and mostly enjoyed it, although I didn't really care for how one of the character arcs played out over the back four episodes. I suppose it all worked out in the end, though. I would definitely be up for a second season, although that doesn't sound very likely.

I also just started Your Lie In April and am surprised at how much I am enjoying it, although I already can't help but think it's going to end up being a downer (from an emotional perspective, not a quality one).
Old 04-06-15, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by printerati
I marathoned Kokoro Connect over the past couple of weeks and mostly enjoyed it, although I didn't really care for how one of the character arcs played out over the back four episodes. I suppose it all worked out in the end, though. I would definitely be up for a second season, although that doesn't sound very likely.
Did you catch the OVA? It acts as a send-off to the show, though I wasn't particularly happy with it since a character's personality is practically transformed for the sake of the story.

The first 7 or 8 episodes of that show are pure greatness, then it became apparent they didn't have a fantastic way to end the main plot.
Old 04-07-15, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Did you catch the OVA? It acts as a send-off to the show, though I wasn't particularly happy with it since a character's personality is practically transformed for the sake of the story.
I did. That's what I meant by the "back four" episodes, sorry. I completely agree with you, although the episode 13 ending at least hinted that something was still going on inside that character's head. I did like how the final of the four OVA episodes wrapped up, though. The coffee shop scene in particular was great.
Old 04-10-15, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by printerati
I also just started Your Lie In April and am surprised at how much I am enjoying it, although I already can't help but think it's going to end up being a downer (from an emotional perspective, not a quality one).
Finished it last night. It's a sad show, to be sure, but I found the journey much more difficult than the destination.

I tried to lighten my mood a bit afterwards by watching the first new episode of I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying, but only laughed once (when Hajime's phone tells him, "I will get angry."). Curiously, they didn't make any reference to the revelation at the end of the first season (at least, I didn't catch it if they did).
Old 04-10-15, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Going through Casshern Sins right now. Almost half way through and love it. Love shows like this and Ergo Proxy.
Old 04-27-15, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Finished up 009-1. Very underwhelming show.
Got 2 episodes into Basilisk before shelving it. I wish it were just a normal ninja show instead of everyone morphing into shit like soooo many japanese shows.
Started Ergo Proxy and after 1 episode, it looks promising.
Old 04-27-15, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Finished up 009-1. Very underwhelming show.
Got 2 episodes into Basilisk before shelving it. I wish it were just a normal ninja show instead of everyone morphing into shit like soooo many japanese shows.
Started Ergo Proxy and after 1 episode, it looks promising.
Basilisk has some things going for it, though it does get confusing and dull in stretches. I probably should re-watch it since I saw Basilisk when I first started heavily watching anime.

I've gotten through over half of Freezing Vibration, the second season of Freezing. The second season is more watchable than the first season despite an insane amount of gratuitous fan service. They ramped up the fan service beyond common decency in season two, but the storyline is far more interesting as well. There are some very dark directions the story takes with certain characters.

Last edited by PhantomStranger; 04-27-15 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by johots
Replayed my favorite Naruto and Dragon Ball...
Is the whole of Naruto finally finished?

Last edited by hanshotfirst1138; 04-28-15 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-28-15, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Naruto anime is currently in filler hell.
Old 04-30-15, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't really explain why Amagami SS works but the show is enjoyable. It's basically the same guy going through different paths on his way to a relationship with various girls. It is based on a dating sim but the romance is handled far better than I've seen in most anime.
Old 05-06-15, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Gave up on Ergo Proxy, after 4 eps it was just doing nothing for me.
Started Romeo X Juliet and really digging it so far.
Old 05-15-15, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I am about halfway through Blood Lad. I get a younger vibe off this show, somewhat similar to Soul Eater.
Old 05-19-15, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I just finished Disc 1 of Volume 1 of Mazinger Z. It has been over 30 years since I first watched this show.
Old 06-05-15, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

A couple of shows to mention today. Psychic Detective Yakumo is a pretty good series if you like the concept of ghosts used in Japanese entertainment. Each episode has its own mystery to solve but there is a slowly building plot about the main character's rival.

I finished off the second and presumably final season of Chaika the Coffin Princess. While I liked the first season, the second season is even better with its tighter action. It includes a definitive ending to the series and wraps things up for most characters. I will probably get it when Chaika hits Blu-ray.
Old 06-08-15, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,958 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I just finished Disc 1 of Volume 1 of Mazinger Z. It has been over 30 years since I first watched this show.
I love Mazinger Z, but I've had such a hard time even getting through the first volume... maybe I should try Harlock and see if that holds up a little better.

Started in on Turn A Gundam, and just waves of nostalgia; while I started watching anime long before, I think the era I appreciate the most was this one, around the time fansub tapes were being traded back and forth. I remember vividly the backlash that the non traditional Gundam designs had on the community.
Old 06-09-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I started Noir (for the first time) on Hulu+ this week. I was afraid it was going to fall prey to the "assassination of the week" formula, but it has done a good job of keeping the underlying mysteries involved thus far. Seeing the same flashbacks every episode is already getting a bit tiresome, though.

As far as current simulcasts go, I'm still keeping up with DanMachi and Plastic Memories, both of which have been pretty good. I still haven't started on the Grisaia sequels, but they are in my queue. I will also be watching the second season of Knights of Sidonia, which hits Netflix on July 3 in its entirety (hopefully with better subtitles than the first season).
Old 06-14-15, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been watching Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? as well. There is less ecchi in it than the title implies, which might scare some people off. It's a light, enjoyable series.

I've been powering my way through the second season of Fate / Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works. I guess this remake more closely follows the original manga. It's a better series than the original but I am not particularly happy with the shift in focus from Saber in the original to Rin Tohsaka. Saber is one of my favorite anime characters and her presence isn't as significant this time around.

The fighting sequences though are very impressive, some of the most fluid I've ever seen in non-theatrical anime.
Old 06-15-15, 04:13 AM

Watching a show now called Gungrave. Absolutely phenomenal show so far. Thnk Goodfellas with a twist of Resident Evil. I already like it better than that overrated crapfest GitS SAC.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.