Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Live Action Gantz

Old 06-11-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Live Action Gantz

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdm...04_shortfilms/

I hope it's got a better ending than the anime. That was just crap.
Old 06-11-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Live Action Gantz

They should have better story, better characters (not some horny guy who get boned all the time or other guy being crybaby all the time), and better ending.
Old 06-11-10, 04:41 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 527 Likes on 464 Posts

So a longer trailer is out. I wonder if any US studios would even try to license this.
Old 06-12-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by McHawkson
They should have better story, better characters (not some horny guy who get boned all the time or other guy being crybaby all the time), and better ending.
Premise is interesting but the show kind of falls apart in the execution.
Old 10-04-10, 10:51 PM
Cool New Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like its true to the anime from what I could gather from the clip... I'm not going to lie, I'm a little excited.

Well I said true to the anime, but then again I didn't see any B.T.A.s or gratuitous nudity...
Old 10-07-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New trailer. Apparently it's 2 movies now.

http://www.nipponcinema.com/trailers/gantz-trailer
Old 11-29-10, 08:03 AM
WTK

via ANN
Staff: Live-Action Gantz to Open in U.S. in January
posted on 2010-11-29 06:43 EST

The staff of the two-part live-action film adaptation of Hiroya Oku's science-fiction action manga Gantz announced that the first film will have advance screenings in the United States starting on January 20, 2011. According to the staff at the film's Japanese premiere on Monday, it will eventually run in 300 theaters in the United States. The first film will open in Japan on January 29, and the second film will open on April 23. Source: Cinema Today, Oricon via Tadashi Sudo
via ANN
Gantz U.S. Showings to Add Live Interview with 2 Stars
posted on 2010-11-29 14:08 EST

Update: January showings of action-manga-based films to be English over-dubbed

The Washington Post newspaper confirms that Viz Pictures' New People unit and the digital theater distributor NCM Fathom will hold the world premiere of the first of two live-action Gantz films on Thursday, January 20 throughout the United States. "An exclusive live interview" with the film's stars Kazunari Ninomiya and Ken'ichi Matsuyama will immediately follow the English over-dubbed screenings. The one-night event will run at 8:00 p.m. EST, 7:00 p.m. CST, 6:00 p.m. MST, and 8:30 p.m. PST (tape delayed). (NCM's website currently lists a January 29 date.)

Ninomiya (Tekkonkinkreet, Letters from Iwo Jima) of the Arashi musical group and award-winning actor Matsuyama (Death Note, Detroit Metal City, NANA, The Legend of Kamui) star as two friends who are resurrected after a deadly subway accident and forced to take on violent, mysterious missions. Yuriko Yoshitaka (Kaiji), Natsuna, and Takayuki Yamada (Train Man, Crows Zero, H2: Kimi to Ita Hibi) also star in this film from director Shinsuke Sato (The Princess Blade, Suna-dokei, Oblivion Island: Haruka and the Magic Mirror).

The production staff had announced at the first film's Japanese premiere on Monday that the film will run in 300 theaters in the United States. According to Cinema Today, 19 companies from the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and other Western countries offered to distribute the two films. The first film will open in Japan on January 29, and the second film will open on April 23.

Oku launched the "Final Phase" of the original Gantz manga in Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine last year. Gantz has been running in the magazine since July of 2000, and the first 27 volumes have sold over 10 million copies. Dark Horse Comics will publish the 14th volume of the original manga in North America next month. ADV Films released Gonzo's television anime adaptation of the manga.

NCM Fathom specializes in digital screenings in theaters throughout the United States. Its use of digital cinema technology allows it to hold one-night events and live simulcasts nationwide.

Last edited by WTK; 12-01-10 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-06-10, 10:24 PM
WTK

NCM Fathom Event: Gantz Live-Action Movie in Select Theaters on 1/20/2011

Gantz World Premiere - Live 1.20.2011 | NCM Fathom Webpage
  • A One Night Event in Movie Theaters Nationwide
  • Featuring a Special LIVE Introduction and Exclusive Interviews with Cast Members
GANTZ
01/20/2011

NEW PEOPLE and NCM Fathom are bringing the world premiere of GANTZ to movie theaters nationwide for a one night live event on Thursday, January 20th at 8:00 pm ET/ 7:00 pm CT/ 6:00 pm MT/ 8:30 pm PT (tape delayed).This live-action feature, based upon the popular Japanese manga and anime series, is the ultimate survival game. It will be English over-dubbed exclusively for this big screen event.

Following the feature, the two stars, Kazunari Ninomiya and Kenichi Matsuyama will participate in an exclusive live interview that can only be seen at this event.

Sign up here for an email reminder when tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, December 10th, 2010. Click here for a list of participating theaters.
Old 12-07-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is coming to my local theater. I'm so going to be there!
Old 12-07-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Wait, I just did a double take... this is going to be dubbed in theaters?! Forget it.
Old 12-07-10, 11:31 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by GenPion
Wait, I just did a double take... this is going to be dubbed in theaters?! Forget it.
Yeah. It's unfortunate that they didn't do a 2-day event that offered the subbed version (like what they did with the last Death Note movie).
Old 01-07-11, 08:18 AM
WTK

2 SPECIAL GANTZ DRAWINGS
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Enter for chance to be one of 100 lucky winners nationwide to win tickets to see GANTZ!!

Hurry, the giveaway end on 1/11 so enter HERE now!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Enter drawing for ticket purchase opportunity to the actors appearance in Hollywood, CA!!

See the actors, watch the movie, and get a special GANTZ t-shirt that can only be found at this event!

Mann’s Chinese 6, located in the Hollywood & Highland Mall in the heart of Hollywood, CA, will host the film’s theatrical premiere in a gala screening beginning at 5:00pm on January 20th.

Audiences are invited to join Otaku USA Editor-in-Chief Patrick Macias immediately following the screening as he leads an insightful discussion session on GANTZ and conducts in-person interviews with several cast members. Seating is limited so the opportunity to buy tickets will be awarded through a drawing (tickets are $15). Enter HERE!
Old 01-16-11, 09:10 AM
WTK

Have you submitted questions for the two GANTZ stars yet?

Send in your questions and they just might answer them during the live broadcast interview following the GANTZ feature film during the world premiere event on January 20th!

Submit questions HERE!
Old 01-22-11, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

If anyone is interested, here's my review: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/47679/gantz-live-action/