Community
Search
Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-10, 11:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions

I picked up a few titles from amazon that I've never even heard of just wanted to expand what I have and take a shot with some new anime. What are your opinions on these titles? Murder Princess, Lyrical Nanoha, and Stratos 4. I'm thinking Murder Princess will be to my liking but what about the others. Some anime I have is Trigun, Najica Blitz Tactics, Gungrave, Kiddy Grade, and Hellsing. I have also wathed a ton of Pretty Cure on the web.

Last edited by madlost1; 03-27-10 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-28-10, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Opinions

Murder Princess, and Stratos 4 is really good animes. Murder Princess is 6 episodes long, even with 6 episodes its still worth it. Stratos 4 is 13 episodes. DON'T forget to get the Stratos 4 fifth OVA dvd "Return to Base", for two more episodes.
Lyrical Nanoha is a bit on the loli side so I never seen it.

If you like Najica Blitz Tactics, & Kiddy Grade then Stratos 4 & Murder Princess you would like.I strongly recommend:
Strain
Agent Aika
Aika R*16

Also check this post out http://forum.dvdtalk.com/9998505-post2.html I created it for someone else.

Last edited by chrisc31; 03-28-10 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-29-10, 09:21 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts
Re: Opinions

• Murder Princess - DVD Talk Review | I thought this was fairly entertaining with bits of actions. I thought it was too short and not all aspects were fully explored.
  • Lyrical Nanoha - DVD Talk Review | The first series has a lot diverse opinions. There is the "lolicon" aspect depending on who you talk to. The series feels somewhat rushed. There is also the aspect of how believable it is for a 3rd grader to act/think a certain way. There is also a technical issue (well to some)...the lack of translated credits. The next season definitely gets better though.
  • Stratos 4 - DVD Talk Review | A pretty decent short fanservice series. If you like fanservice, I would give this series a shot. Though don't expect anything too profound at least plot-wise.