View Single Post
Old 09-21-09, 10:38 AM   #66
clckworang
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: The 5th Annual "October Horror Movie Challenge" (10/1 - 10/31) ***LISTS GO HERE!*

Goal: I hit 100 last year. Let's go for 101 this time!

Titles in red mean first-time viewings.
74 First-Time Viewings

Challenge Comparison:

2009 Tally...............2008 Tally
19 Blu-rays...............08 Blu-rays
39 DVDs...................59 DVDs
37 DVR.....................11 DVR
18 Streaming.............20 Streaming
02 Theater................02 HD-DVD

Click on title to see movie poster!

October 1

1. Masters of Horror: Imprint - I started last year, my first challenge, with something really graphic and gory (one of the Guinea Pig movies) that was Japanese. So, I thought I would stick close to a theme again this year starting with the "banned from TV" MOH episode. I had seen it once before quite a while back, and I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of this one. There are moments that make me cringe (in a good horror way), but then it reaches a point when things just get too damn silly. Speaking of silly, that's often what Billy Drago's performance is as well. Still, I think this ep is worth watching, if for no other reason than because it was directed by Miike.

2. Masters of Horror: Homecoming - I remember being an apologist for this ep when it first aired; many people hated this one! I sorta liked it my first time watching it. This time, not nearly as much. I still think the idea is hilarious -- veterans are rising from the dead to vote -- but I found many of the jokes more groan-worthy the second time around. Still a couple of good sight gags, though.

3. Masters of Horror: Haeckel's Tale - This ep is really quite slow and boring until boom! Zombie sex! Crazy! But not crazy enough to really redeem the episode. Not one of the best MOH eps.

4. Masters of Horror: Chocolate - I think there's a good idea here, finding yourself looking through someone else's eyes and experiencing what they do. I think there definitely are some intriguing sequences, but it's not exactly scary stuff. I find it entertaining enough.

5. Frankenstein (1910) - WILDCARD #1 Watched this for the optional checklist again this year. I already wrote most of my thoughts last year, but I'll say again how weird this monster is. I don't quite understand how bringing a dead person back to life would make it into a hairy, ape-like thing. Still fun to see, though.

6. The Execution of Mary Queen of Scots (1895) - WILDCARD #2 Watched this for the optional checklist again this year. I already wrote most of my thoughts last year, but it's always fun to revisit films from the earliest days of cinema.

7. Blue Sunshine - Meh. Isn't this one supposed to have a cult following or something? I don't know; I found it underwhelming. There were some good moments (like the beginning), but it just sort of bored me to a large extent. For some reason, I did like that the crazy, drugged out people only had tufts of hair left on their head. Kind of funny, but also a bit creepy as well. He's so out of his mind that he doesn't even care enough to shave the rest of his head!

8. Mystery Science Theater 3000: Laserblast - This must be one of my all-time favorite MST3K episodes. The movie is unbelievably awful, which usually makes for the best episodes. The guys have a blast riffing on Leonard Maltin, who gave this move 2 and a half stars. Very highly recommended. It's in the 20th Anniversary set or you can watch it free at Google Video.

October 2

9. Le Chaudron Infernal (1903) - WILDCARD #3 Watched this for the optional checklist again this year. I already wrote most of my thoughts last year, but I'll say again that I really enjoy watching a Melies film. He was quite an innovative filmmaker who was able to make magic happen on screen with very limited resources. I know there's a Melies collection on DVD; I really need to buy that.

10. Masters of Horror: Dance of the Dead - This iis among my least favorite MOH eps. I thought that the first time I watched it and my opinion didn't change upon second viewing. Tobe Hooper directed one of my all-time favorite movies in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and he's disappointed me so many times after that.

11. Cube - This movie has been on my radar ever since it was in theaters. I liked the premise and had many friends recommend it to me, but I never saw it until now. Overall, I liked it. A pretty good movie. They were certainly able to accomplish a lot with a limited budget. There were definitely flaws, though. It really started dragging for me until it started it started getting ramped up as it headed toward its conclusion. I enjoyed it enough that I will probably check out the other two films in the series.

12. Nightmare Castle - I'm withholding judgment on this one until I see the newer DVD version. The one I saw was cut to the point that it was hard to even figure out what the hell was going on. It didn't help that the DVD looked awful as well. There were some parts that I liked, so I'd rather see a more complete cut of the film before making a final ruling. I got my copy from Netflix. Another movie was included on the disc. Avoid this version! Oh, and Barbara Steel looks very weird as a blond. Very weird.

13. Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon - I thought this was a pretty good film. I would say that it's a comedy, but the violence in the film has weight, unlike other horror comedies. It did a great job in balancing the satire on horror movies and more suspenseful aspects of the story. I know some people scoff at movies that use the faux documentary approach, but I thought it worked for this movie. The filmmakers did a great job of creating a killer that could charm you but that you knew you would ultimately root against. I'd definitely consider purchasing this one.

October 3

14. Poltergeist - I wrote more about this in this film's discussion thread, so I'll try to sum up quickly. I watched this one mainly on my laptop while flying to attend an out-of-town wedding. I still have the first DVD release and didn't realize how bad it looked until I finished it at my friend's house on his TV. Wow, I need to upgrade to the Blu-ray! Still a great film, although I think the special effects haven't aged as well as other films. Overall, watching this film again was like taking a trip through my childhood. As a kid, I remember everyone talking about this film. It was a huge deal! Watching it as an adult, I was struck at how authentic the house felt. I swear my family had some of that same furniture (or at least looked very similar). Plus, all those Star Wars things the son had? I had all that crap, too! I don't know when the last time I saw this movie; it's been ages. But the pure nostalgia of it made me have an extra layer of appreciation for the film that I didn't have before.

October 4

15. Vampyr - I really need to upgrade this DVD. I still have the old Image release. It's truly awful. The disc features the worst subtitles I have ever seen, huge blocks of text that take up a lot of the picture area. Not cool. I think seeing a better representation of this movie would make me appreciate it more. As it is, I think it was created by a master craftsman in Dryer, but I've always felt distanced by it. I just can't quite get into it. I respect the movie a great deal,, but it just doesn't excite me.

16. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - This has long been one of my favorites. There's just so much to enjoy in this film. The set design is just extraordinary to look at. For anyone considering trying a silent film, I would heartily recommend this movie. I wrote more about this film in the challenge last year, if anyone is interested.

17. The Omen - Not to say that he doesn't have some other good movies on his resume, but I think this remains my favorite Richard Donner film. The kid is legitimately creepy, and Gregory Peck brings a lot of weight to his role. The music, which won an Oscar, is very effective.

October 5

18. The Manitou - The premise of this sounded pretty ridiculous, and it was. For me, it didn't really get going until the midget makes an appearance. Pretty silly stuff, but I think someone forgot to tell all the actors that.

19. I Bury the Living - This was the film on the other side of the Nightmare Castle DVD I got from Netflix. I figured, why not watch it? Not a bad movie. It had the guy who played Dennis the Menace's dad on the '50s TV show in a supporting role. I refuse to see him as anything else. Anyway, the premise might have been best served as a Twilight Zone episode or something, but I still thought it was decent. A bit of a twist at the end that I appreciated.

October 6

20. The Mummy's Curse - I wasn't expecting much from this film but was pleasantly surprised. No, it doesn't deserve to be listed as a horror classic or anything, but I thought it was an all right movie. I will certainly be watching far worse films in this challenge.

21. Frankenstein (2004) - I actually had high hopes for this one. I noticed it listed on my DVR guide. I'm a big fan of Parker Posey and saw that she was in it. I thought this could be a really fun update. Turns out, not so much. Apparently, this was supposed to be a TV show but it wasn't picked up. So USA Network decided to release it as an original movie. Basically, it's just boring. Not much going on here at all, and it's true purpose (as a TV pilot) becomes very clear by the end. Oh, yes, the end. I finally started to get a little bit into the movie as it concluded, and then it just finishes abruptly. As a TV pilot? Effective, I might have tuned in for the next episode. As a movie? Really, really annoying.

22. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait - To be honest, this documentary is pretty boring. It's not the fault of the participants. There is actually some good anecdotes from some of the actors. The problem is that they don't have many participants and there is very little editing. The talked heads will go on and on at length. And there's very little intercutting between the people. For Chainsaw fans, it's worth at least a viewing, especially because the runtime isn't too long.

23. Zombieland - I watched this at our area drive-through. I had never been to a drive-through before! It was pretty fun - the experience and the movie. It was great to be able to bring outside food into a film screening. Plus, it was great to be able to do what I wanted in my car (yes, I had a couple of cigarettes) and control the volume, although my car stereo was probably not the most ideal. The movie was really good, though. I wouldn't say it's very scary, but it has a lot of action and is pretty funny. Definite good time!

October 7

24. His Name Was Jason: 30 Years of Friday the 13th - A pretty good documentary, though short of being great. There's quite a bit of information here, but it just goes by so quick. I guess that can be considered a positive or a negative. For me, although I know this was a stand-alone release, it always felt like a very long DVD extra, like the filmmakers never took the film seriously enough to make it anything beyond that. It's definitely worth a watch, though.

25. The Nanny - A very unexpected treat! This was a really good film. I watched it for the 31 days subset, and I wrote quite a bit about this film there. Anyway, Bette Davis really brought a lot to this film. Don't expect another bat-shit crazy Whatever Happened to Baby performance here. This performance really has a lot of depth and she pulls it off beautifully. Hard to picture anyone else pulling it off. A very creepy film, indeed, and one of the highlights of the challenge for me so far. Definitely recommended!

October 8

26. The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923) - I certainly respect Lon Chaney's accomplishments here, but the movie by and large was pretty dull for great stretches. It has its moments, and those are usually belonged to Chaney. It's definitely worth viewing for a historical perspective and in now way can be considered a bad movie.

27. Revenge of the Living Dead Girls - This one, however, can be considered a bad movie. Truly, truly awful, and not even in a fun way. I mainly watched this for the optional checklist. I wish I had watched something else instead. Unless you really want to get a glimpse of zombie lesbian sex, don't check this out! Oh, wait. I just realized that might get some people to check this one out. Forget the last thing I said, and just skip this one!

28. Blood Feast - Is this a bad movie? Yes, it is. Do I still like this movie? Yes, I must confess that I do, and I like most of Herschell Gordon Lewis' horror films, too. They aren't great movies, but that's part of the charm. They are fun to laugh at and then gawk at when they get really gory. I've noticed that his films great better the more you watch them. The first time, they seem very slow and boring. Subsequent viewings make you just "enjoy" what you are given.

October 9

29. Night of the Living Dead (1968) - The greatest zombie movie ever? I find it so hard to declare a winner between this one and Romero's Dawn of the Dead. I love the gonzo gore and scope of Dawn, but there's so much too appreciate in the claustrophobia of Romero's first zombie movie. A classic for a reason.

30. Blood for Dracula - Not my first time watching this. I remember not being very impressed with this film the first time I watched it. I must admit that I liked it a lot more the second time watching it. It's pretty campy and absurd, but it can be fun. And actually, there are definitely some ideas there, especially in regard to class. I really love the poster I found for this one!

31. The Signal - This was my choice for the 31 days subset, so I wrote a lot more about this film in that thread. Needless to say, since it was my choice, I obviously liked it. Pretty scary and then pretty funny. It's one of my favorite horror movies in recent years, though I'll admit it may not be for all tastes. It was definitely for mine, though, and the Blu-ray has some great extras.

32. Night of the Living Dead (1990) - I know this remake has its fans, but I'm not really one of them. It just feels like too much of a rehash for me. We've since this all before, for the most part, but done more effectively than the original. If you really like zombie flicks, I would say you'll most likely like it to some extent, but it's not up to the standards of the original.

33. Death Bed: The Bed That Eats - This film was just nutty. It's hard to believe that someone would devote so much time for a film like this. And desptie the fact that the guy was the writer and director, it's like no one really had the heart to remind him that's he's making a film called Death Bed: The Bed That Eats! Everything -- just about -- is taken SO seriously, even though it's all just so ridiculous. This movie must be seen to be believed, and it ideally should be seen with friends so you can riff on it while you watch, like I was able to do.

October 10

34. Mystery Science Theater 3000: Werewolf - I think I watched this last year for the challenge as well. The difference was last year I watched it on Google Video and this year I own it on DVD. Needless to say, it was much better being able to watch it on a nice looking DVD rather than a crappy compressed online version.

35. Return of the Fly - Confession time, I pretty much only watched this for the optional checklist. That being said, it's not a bad follow-up to the original film. It was shot in B&W to cut costs, but I think it worked for the film. Not bad, but not great.

36. Baby Blues - I have mixed feeling on this movie. It was definitely effective, but sometimes I think it took the easy way out. I wrote some about this in the 31 days thread. Basically, I think it might be a bit easy to put little kids in peril and make the audience feel frightened for them. You might as well make a film about hunting puppies. But like I said, it is pretty effective, although it feel it falls into slasher mode way too quickly, which really hurts the film, in my opinion.

October 11

37. Psycho II - As a big fan of Hitchcock and the original, I've always avoided this one. It was a selection for the 31 days subset, however, so I decided to give it a try. It actually wasn't too bad. It was a much different film than what I was expecting, something that seemed to take it out of run-of-the-mill slasher film realm. Perkins was effective once again.

38. Scrapbook - Watched this for the optional checklist as a NC-17 film after seeing it was streaming on Netflix. I don't quite know how I feel about this film. It's one of the nastier, crueler flicks I've seen. It reminded me a bit of the second Guinea Pig film that I watched last year. That may not be completely fair to this movie, although both basically have a guy torturing a woman for much of the duration. While Guinea Pig featured chopping up and dismemberment, Scrapbook is more about how this guy sexually abuses and humiliates this kidnapped woman over time. At times, especially toward the end, it seemed to be wanting to more seriously explore the psychological implications of this arrangement. It doesn't really succeed, but I give it point for trying. Of course, you have to get past graphic rape scenes, urination and humiliation to get to that. This was a zero-budget affair here, and I give the people credit for making a film that will elicit a reaction, although I wouldn't call it a good film at all.

39. Trick 'r Treat - There was a lot of hype around this one, and I'm happy to say that it pretty much lived up to it in my eyes. Pretty solid horror anthology film. Entertaining and at times even suspenseful. Hard to believe the studio never released this film into theaters, especially considering some of the crap horror movies that find releases.

October 12

40. The Omen II - This really felt like a sub-par rehash of the original, with an older Damien and William Holden as the new adopted dad, the brother of Gregory Peck's character from the original. I think there's definitely some territory worth exploring here, but instead, it just follows too closely the beats of the original. And as a big Holden fan, I'm surprised to say that he couldn't bring the weight to his part that Peck was able to bring. Better to stick to the first one.

41. The Omen III - Once again, I thought there was some potential, but it just didn't live up to it. I would have preferred to see a film that was more about the grown-up Damien in conflict with his role as the Anti-Christ. That's not this movie, with Damien fully embracing his place. Sam Neil was pretty good, but he just didn't have good enough material around him. The ending made me groan a bit. It got a little bit too preachy for me.

42. Laid to Rest - Very above-average slasher film! I'm a fan of the slasher film, so it's always nice to find a lesser known gem. The kills were violent and very, very gory. Don't get me wrong, this isn't the greatest slasher ever, but it's a lot of fun. And it's definitely worth seeing for slasher fans. The killer is pretty bad-ass looking and did I mention the gore? There's quite a bit of it. I'm actually surprised that it got by with an R, considering some of the "unrated" films that I've seen. I guess you don't get as much attention when you aren't a big-budget studio film, which just shows how screwed the MPAA is.

43. The Deep - Maybe more of a thriller, but IMDB classifies it as horror. Decent thriller, there were definitely some creepy scenes. I did like a lot of the underwater photography. Those scenes were pretty effective. It's scary to think about something gong wrong while scuba diving. You're just so weak and exposed under the water. The ending was pretty cheese filled, though.

October 13

44. The Howling 2 - Wow, I'm not sure if I can recall a sequel to a movie falling so low past the first one. I guess Exorcist springs to mind. This was unbelievably bad, but at least it provided some unintentional laughs ... and Christopher Lee.

45. One-Eyed Monster - This is one of those movies I never would have watched had it not been for this challenge (not saying that's a good thing). I saw this showing up on my guide a bunch (on Showtime, I think) and finally decided to give it a try because I thought it could be campy fan and had Amber Benson in it. Yep, Tara from Buffy! Anyway, the story is silly but must be recounted: a film crew goes to a remote mountain to make a porn film, where an alien take possession of Ron Jeremy's penis and begins to kill the crew. Believe it or not, this was actually pretty light on the nudity, considering the subject matter. But it still can't change the fact that watching Ron Jeremy's disembodied penis strangle people is weird. Very weird.

October 14

46. Troll 2 - Wow. Just wow. I'm not sure words can fully describe just how utterly bad this movie is. I probably wrote a bit more on this in the daily thread, but I'll just say a couple things now. As a kid, I loved Troll, but this has nothing to do with that. And if you have a movie called Troll 2, shouldn't you at least call the bad guys trolls, rather than goblins? And if the goblins are vegetarians, why do they have to turn people into vegetables to have food? Just eat veggies! Must be seen to be believed! Should be watched with lots of friends for riffing! Not necessary to watch it in HD like I did. That didn't do the movie any favors.

October 15

47. Masters of Horror: Pick Me Up - Eh. I wasn't a big fan of this one when it first aired, not too big of a fan now. And what was Michael Moriarty doing in this film? I'm usually a fan of his performances, but this one just didn't make any sense to me. Way too forced. This isn't the worst of the series, though.

48. Masters of Horror: Incident On and Off a Mountain Road - I know a lot of people don't like this entry, but I enjoyed it then and still do now. This was the first episode of MOH that was aired and it hooked me. I figured there would be a lot more eps this good. Turns out there weren't. I think the flashbacks drag the story down a bit, but they have a purpose. Overall, it remains one of the MOH eps I enjoyed the most.

49. Mystery Science Theater 3000: Monster a-Go Go - The movie is just awful, but the riffing is brilliant. Plenty of things for guys to find to ridicule about this movie. Another great MST3K entry.

50. Reeker - Once again, a synopsis that made me imagine a campy, fun movie. Once again, that's not what I got. Recorded this one from Universal HD. It described it as a smelly creature that terrorizes these people. And then look at the title of the film, I was expecting a garbage monster or something. Nope. Pretty forgettable. The twist at the end made the film make more sense, but still not a very good movie.

October 16

51. Masters of Horror: Sick Girl - Disappointing. I really liked May and thought Angela Bettis was great in it. A reunion between Bettis and May's director should be a knockout. It's not. Like Moriarty in his ep, Bettis just seems so forced and contrived in her role. The ep had a lot of issues.

52. Masters of Horror: Deer Woman - Is this a great MOH entry? No, I wouldn't go that far, but I had fun with it. There were a coming of moments that had me laughing out loud. A couple of performances, though, were pretty poor, particularly the police officer who was helping Brian Benben's character out.

October 17

53. Friday the 13th Pt. 3 3D - I heard a lot of disparaging things about the 3D quality on this. I actually thought it was pretty darn good. It's not like at a theater where you might flinch at a knife flying at you, but I could definitely get a three-dimensional feel. It helps the 3D a lot if you turn out all the lights. The only drawback was that I forgot how taxing old-fashioned 3D can be on the eyes. What a strain! The movie is one of the more solid Friday sequels, but it's curiously rather bloodless. More gore please!

54. The Girl Next Door - I know wrote about this in the daily thread. This isn't a bad movie, but I don't think it's as great as many others think. Some of the kids' performances were pretty weak, and I felt some of the embellishments on the true story this was based on were unnecessary and were only there for shock value. This could have been a much better and deeper film than what it is. And the more I think about it, the more shallow I think this film is.

55. Rocky Horror Picture Show - Hadn't watched this movie in a while, so decided to give it a spin for my musical requirement. Since I already know this movie so well, I decided to listen to it with the audience participation commentary. I've only seen this movie live once, and it was several years ago. The commentary was pretty good, but it would have been nice to find a better balance between the volume of the commentary and the film.

56. The Fog - I consider myself a big Carpenter fan, and yet there are some Carpenter films that I've strangely never seen. This was one of them. How could I have missed this all these years?! Beautiful film, very atmospheric. It looked great in HD. This film deserves a good Blu-ray release. One of the highlights of the challenge for me thus far.

57. Friday the 13th (2009) - I know this remake hasn't gotten much love, but I'll take a slightly contrary point of view. I'm not saying it was good; I'm just saying I don't think it compares badly to the other films. Let's be honest, none of the F13th films were really what you would call "good" films. Most of them were pretty bad actually, but they are still fun watches. For the most part, that's how I felt about this one. I wasn't expecting much so I just sat back and watched the mayhem. I found this to be far less objectionable remake than Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but maybe it's because I see Chainsaw as more sacred and Jason more disposable. Just toss the hockey mask on a big hulking guy, kills a bunch of young people and you've got a new Friday! To reiterate, the new Friday wasn't good, but I still had a degree of fun with it.

58. Tetsuo: The Iron Man - I watched this before many years ago. It made little sense to me then, especially after reading the exceptionally simple synopsis provided when I rented it from Nicheflix (remember them? Man, I miss that service). So, I decided to watch it again for my J-Horror film. Still didn't make a lot of sense, but I do feel like I understand it a bit more. Very strange movie in the Lynch or Cronenberg vein.

59. Dead Alive - I watched this with a couple of friends. One of them is a big zombie fan and he had never seen it. He was blown away by it. Such a fun and gory film! This movie certainly must be in any discussion for the goriest film of all time.

60. The Host - Been meaning to watch this for a long time and finally got to it. Pretty good movie. I expected the creature to be bigger. Really, I was picturing more of a Godzilla movie. Big monster! Still, it was a very solid movie.

October 18

61. War of the Worlds (1953) - I really thought I had seen this movie before years ago, but much of it just didn't seem familiar to me. Maybe I had seen it before and just forgot much of it. Anyway, I think this movie holds up surprisingly well. No, it doesn't have the special effects that the new version has, but I think the story is solid and the effects were certainly good for their time. Definitely a sci-fi classic!

62. Alligator - I expected a bad Jaws rip-off. I got a Jaws rip-off, but it actually wasn't that bad. In fact, it was pretty fun. This was an early screenplay credit for John Sayles. I know, hard to believe! Robert Forster is also fun to watch. The movie does get a little bit goofy at times, but this was actually a pretty solid flick.

63. Paranormal Activity - Does it live up to the hype? Yes and no. Yes, in the fact that it was a very good movie and had lots of people screaming in the theater I was at. No, in that I sort of felt like I needed a bit more from the film. I don't know. I will say that it's the type of movie that I find myself liking more the longer it has been since I've seen it. I think people -- including myself -- just need to accept what the movie is rather than pick at what it's not. It has gotten a lot of comparisons to Blair Witch because of its style, but I actually think this movie is probably better.

64. Deranged - Yep, another movie based on the life of the infamous Ed Gein. This one was much more grounded in reality than a film like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, though. It felt it was genuinely creepy and overall a good movie. It was very weird how the movie would insert the narrator into scenes, though. Very distracting and actually rather comical, which I don't think was the intended purpose. Oh, it should also be noted that like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, this movie features a very memorable dinner scene.

65. Hatchet for the Honeymoon - I was pretty well blown away by a Bava film last challenge (Blood and Black Lace), so I wanted to catch another one for this challenge. Not nearly on the same level as Blood and Black Lace, but this was still a very entertaining film. And there's no doubt about it, Bava certainly knew how to shoot a movie!

66. The Simpsons Halloween Special XX WILDCARD #4 - I guess this wasn't too bad, although we've certainly seen far better Halloween episodes from The Simpsons. I certainly appreciated the Hitchcock inspired sequence.

67. Freaks (with audio commentary) - You can enjoy this movie on so many levels. For me, I find it fascinating to see natural moments with the "freaks." Like when the guy without any arms and legs lights himself a cigarette. The commentary track was very informative, but it almost throws too much at you at once. A ton of information is packed into the track: about the film, the "freaks," Browning's career before the movie and after.

October 19

68. Audrey Rose - This one was OK. Very good performances, especially from Marsha Mason. Anthony Hopkins was very good as well, and I think the daughter was very good. This isn't one I would call scary, though. There was a point toward the end when things started to get more intense, but then the film is basically over.

69. Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires - Hammer Studios meets Shaw Bros. ... and geeks everywhere drool. What can I say? This movie was just a ton of fun! It seems like such an odd mash-up, but it totally works. Disappointed in the non-anamorphic R1 release, so I might have to import this one.

70. Fists in the Pocket - I wasn't sure what to expect from this. I had a former co-worker watch this and he hated it. Hated it. I thought it sounded interesting so I rented it from Netflix. I really, really liked it. It's very subtle horror, more creepy/disturbing than scary. And don't go expecting the stereotypical Italian horror film. This is more New Wave style Italian horror. The lead performance is particularly strong, and some scenes I found particularly unsettling. It's a bit of a slow burn, but this is another highlight of the challenge for me.

October 20

71. The Legend of Hell House - Pretty solid haunted house movie. The way movies are rated now, it's hard to believe this was given a PG, not to say that it's unbelievably graphic or anything like that, but I think it's adult enough to not warrant a PG. Overall, I liked it, but I never really felt like the characters had much depth. I thought the movie looked pretty great, though.

72. BloodRayne - Wow. I don't know what else to really add. I've always heard how bad this movie was, but I just had no idea. This was just an embarrassment. Damn video game requirement on the optional checklist! To reflect my feelings on the movie, I found the ugliest art for it that I could. Believe it or not, this awful one that I used is the actual cover art for the UK DVD.

October 21

73. Warlock - I really thought that I had seen this already when I was a kid. And I might well have, but once I started watching, it didn't seem all that familiar. Maybe it was one of the sequels I had seen already. Not a bad action-horror type of film. Julian Sands and Richard E. Grant keep things interesting by hamming it up.

74. The Beast of Hollow Mountain - Someone earlier in the competition was asking about horror Westerns. This one would certainly qualify. The beginning of the movie feels like a typical Western: dealing with cattle, worrying about rustlers. And then it takes a slight detour when the cowboys are forced to battle a dinosaur. Yes, a dinosaur. I can't believe all Westerns don't have a dinosaur. Overall, the movie was a bit silly, especially the dinosaur effect. But it was fun in that '50s cheesy monster way.

October 22

75. Captivity - I brought this up in the main discussion thread: how could a 2-time Oscar nominee for director go on to helm this garbage. This movie was just a bad Saw rip-off. Fans of TV show 24 might get some momentary enjoyment seeing Kim Bauer get tortured. It won't last. Don't waste your time. Oh, this movie is probably best known for its controversial billboards that had to be pulled.

76. The Last Man on Earth - Very good movie. I think it's the best of the 3 versions of this story (this one, I Am Legend and Omega Man). Vincent Price was effective as always, but what I was most impressed with was the feeling of the movie. I really felt the desolation and desperation more in this film.

October 23

77. Black Sabbath - This was my second time watching this after last year. I recorded it off MGM-HD, and it looked great. I really wish a definitive Blu-ray would be released of this. I hear the Italian version doesn't use Karloff's voice in his segment. That sounds like a damn shame. But Mario Bava really does a great job directing here.

78. Hollow Man 2 - I wasn't a big fan of the original, but I needed an "Invisible Man" movie for the checklist and this was streaming on Netflix. I don't think this one was *that* much worse than the original, but it had more than its share of ridiculousness. You know you're in trouble when you replace Kevin Bacon with Christian Slater.

79. Filthy McNasty - I decided to give director Chris Seaver another try after my spectacularly painful experience watching Mulva: Zombie Ass Kicker last year. It's still a bad movie, but it was more entertaining than Mulva and actually made me snicker a couple of times.

80. Filthy McNastier - Netflix had all of these films streaming, so I decided to just go on to the next one. To be honest, at times this felt more like a remake than a sequel. But overall, I thought this was slightly better than the previous.

81. Filthy McNastiest - Finally, the conclusion of my mini-Seaver marathon. It's a good thing these movies are so short; otherwise, I doubt I would have gotten through all 3. They switched things up a little bit in this one. Some of the changes I liked, some not so much. If you can put up with the first two, though, you'll probably enjoy this one. For bad movie connoisseurs only!

82. Ravenous - This helped cleanse my palate after those little 3 films. Been meaning to watch this one for a long time but never got around to it. This is definitely a good movie, but I think the first half is far better than the second. I preferred when I felt like the movie was more based in reality rather than when it went into more over-the-top and supernatural territory.

October 24

83. End of the Line - There was definitely some stuff to like in this movie (the opening) and some things to hate (the acting). I appreciate the inclusion of this movie in the 31 days subset because I doubt I would have ever seen this otherwise. Overall, I'm a bit mixed on this one. I wouldn't say I didn't like it, but I definitely was crazy about it either. It's worth a watch.

84. Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn - Oh, that Ash! He's always getting his kooky chin into trouble! I wish I knew how many times I have seen this movie. It must be a ridiculous number. I remember renting it on VHS so many times back in junior high and early high school. It's one of the few movies that I don't think has really aged in my perception of it. I still love it!

85. Alien (audio commentary) - I couldn't remember whether I had listened to this commentary before or not. I'm still not entirely sure! But anyway, this is a really good commentary with Ridley Scott, much of the cast and screenwriter. It's definitely recommended for fans of the film.

86. Skinwalkers - This movie started pretty cheesy, then started getting me into it and then just sort of collapsed in cliches. Jason Behr as the big bad ass werewolf? Not the most effective casting. I would only really recommend this to someone who really loves werewolf movies.

87. eXistenZ - I love Cronenberg, and yet this movie has somehow always gone unwatched by me. It's definitely very Cronenberg. I appreciate a lot of the ideas in this movie. Like most of Cronenberg's films, it's hard to imagine anyone else making a movie like this. Watching it years after the movie was made, it's surprising to me how plausible the central concept of the movie is. We might well be heading toward living more and more in a video game world. I refuse to plug any weird things into my body, though!

88. White Zombie - I watched this for the challenge last year and was very underwhelmed by this classic. I decided to give it another shot this year and was pleasantly surprised to learn I liked it far more. Maybe it was my mood last time I watched it ... I don't know. I find it more likely that my expectations were too high going into the first viewing. Great movie!

89. Manos: Hands of Fate - Mystery Science Theater 3000 - I had a friend come over to watch this with me. It was her first-time watching it, my second. Absolutely hysterical! It's easy to see why this is often considered the best MST3K ep. The ep is just filled with off-the-wall goodness and hilarity. I say the ep is filled with those things because you definitely won't find any goodness in the movie the guys are riffing. Highly recommended!

October 25

90. Dawn of the Dead (2004) - There are things I'm not crazy about in this remake and I still prefer the original, but I have to admit that this isn't a bad movie. I thought it was a total travesty when I found it Dawn was getting a remake, but it stayed true to the original and still managed to be its own movie.

91. Child's Play 2 - Damn optional checklist again! I needed a killer doll movie and this was streaming on Netflix. As I said last year, I'm not a big fan of this movie, but I think I did like it a bit more than last year. The climax at the factory is definitely the highlight.

92. Crawlspace (1986) - I much prefer this poster that I found for another movie with the same title. Turns out it's for a different movie called Crawlspace, and this movie got some pretty crappy art. The main reason I decided to record and watch this was Klaus Kinski, and he certainly didn't disappoint. Kinski was always been such an odd character, and he was able to use all that to create a really creepy character. I thought this movie was far better than the 4.6 it currently has on IMDB. It's definitely worth a viewing.

October 26

93. The Sixth Sense (RiffTrax) - I always wondered what it would be like to watch a Rifftrax for a good movie. I decided to try it with this one because I own it on DVD and it's a movie that hasn't necessarily aged all that well with me. The Rifftrax was really funny! I had some difficulties getting things property synched, but I thought the guys delivered a great riff.

94. Prince of Darkness - Another Carpenter film that I got to see for the first time. I know this is a very divisive title, but I really liked it. It's definitely a slow burn, but I think it's interesting. It's certainly one of those movies that made me want to see it again. It's not often I can say I think a lot of the ideas and concepts being explored in a horror movie went over my head, but that's a bit how I felt. I think I just wasn't in the mood for heavy thinking. I definitely need to watch it another time.

October 27

95. Bug - I know a lot of people who have seen this movie, and they either seem to love it or hate it, which makes it weird that I'm a bit in the middle. It's nice to see Ashley Judd doing some real acting again. I remember she showed a lot of depth early in her career before she decided to just star in a string of dumb thrillers. I feel like there's something missing here in this film, like there's a step in the characters' descent that we missed. It just all seems to go downhill for these characters so fast. And as the movie went along and their craziness increased, so did the over-the-top style in the acting. By the end, I think it was probably a bit too much. And speaking of the end, I feel it was a bit too abrupt. It would have been nice to have a little room to breathe. But it's good to see that Friedkin still can make a movie. Some of his '70s output is among my absolute favorites.

96. The Company of Wolves - A very, very interesting film. Neil Jordan can be a bit streaky, but when he makes a good film, it's usually a really good one. I think this one is no exception. It's not an easy film to watch; there are many layers to it: dreams upon dreams and stories within those dreams. But the look of the film is really something. Jordan does a great job crafting a fairy tale world and one where is beauty and great menace. This is one that has stayed with me in the days since I first saw it, and I would like to revisit it again. Oh, Angela Lansbury is a big standout in this film, as always.

October 28

97. Wolfen - Another wolf movie. I thought this one was pretty good. It certainly has a standout cast. This didn't provide me the level of enjoyment of The Company of Wolves, but they are far different movies. I liked the wolf POV shots as they would hunt, although I think it might have been overused.

98. The Devil-Doll - What an odd and wonderful little movie. The story in this Tod Browning directed film is just a bit off the wall. Lionel Barrymore plays an escaped convict who uses miniaturized humans to get revenge on those who framed him. All the while he's doing this, he's disguised as an old woman. The effects are actually pretty effective, and Barrymore is awfully good. I couldn't find a DVD release of this, so I'm happy I saved the recording from Turner Classic Movies on my DVR. Like I said, it's a bit odd, but it's also suspenseful and will draw you into its story. Very recommended.

99. The Mist - I'm surprised it took me so long to watch this. Here's the thing: a very close friend whose taste in movies I usually respect saw this movie and told me she hated it. HATED IT. That was enough to knock it down a bit in terms of must-see films, but I kept hearing great word of mouth on here about the movie. I decided to record it when I saw it was airing on Showtime and really enjoyed it. Great cast, great atmosphere and a powerful ending. What's funny is that after I recorded it but before I had a chance to watch it, my friend was visiting and happened to mention that she had rewatched the movie and realizes she was wrong in her earlier assessment and now really likes it.

100. The House of the Devil - This movie is a slow burn type, but I think people, especially '80s horror fans, will enjoy it. It was great to see Tom Noonan and Mary Woronov together in a movie. It really felt like this could be a lost artifact from the '80s -- and that includes all the positives and negatives that go with that. But I'd much, much rather watch this than House of 1000 Corpses. Just be patient, enjoy the tense atmosphere and wait for things to go crazy toward the end.

October 29

101. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - I really thought that I had seen this one as a kid, but once I really started watching it, I knew that I hadn't (probably the later version I'm thinking of). Really great, tense movie. It's nice to have a very capable director and a very strong cast as well. The paranoia was so strong in this one, and I think the ending is both chilling and effective. Oh, that "dog" really freaked me out!

102. Final Destination - I had watched this years ago at a friend's house, but there were a bunch of us there, we weren't entirely sober and weren't entirely paying attention to the movie. So, I decided to give it a full solo viewing. It's a bit like a fun roller coaster ride. Just sit back and wait for the big moments in the ride. Is this a great film? No, but at least it's a fun one. I haven't seen any of the sequels, but I might check them out now.

103. TerrorVision - I thought this sounded mildly amusing when I noticed it was showing on Turner Classics, so I decided to record it. It was amusing in a bad '80s movie sort of way. The monster looked pretty bad, but the movie didn't take itself too seriously, which was a good thing. There are some funny bits, but I started to feel like the movie really had nowhere to go.

104. Black Moon - It was interesting seeing Fay Wray with dark hair; I had only ever seen her as a blonde. This was a pretty decent movie. I might be more forgiving of it because voodoo has always creeped me out. I thought there were some good sequences and a lot of atmosphere. But if you're looking for a good Fay Wray horror/thriller, stick with King Kong or The Most Dangerous Game.

October 30

105. Son of Kong - I'm not sure if I would consider this horror, but IMDB puts it there so there you go. I wasn't expecting much from this movie, and I guess I wasn't disappointed in that respect. The effects are no where near as good as the first movie. It's very obvious this was a rush job without as big of a budget. But the movie could have overcome some of those limitations if it hadn't become such a cartoon. Part of what was great about the first movie is that you actually believed King Kong as an ape. The son of Kong was more of a cartoon, with very distracting, over-the-top reaction shots and sound effects. The movie is mercifully short, though, so if you're curious about it, you might as well give it a spin.

106. Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead - I wouldn't really consider myself a Troma fan, but I have to admit that this movie was a lot of fun. If you're easily offended by jokes about shit and related bodily functions, this movie probably isn't for you. There are some really good lines in the films, and some of the songs (yes, it's a musical!) are really amusing. I've heard a lot of people say that this is Troma's best and I'm not sure if I could argue with that based on the Troma films I've seen. Fun stuff.

October 31

107. Parks and Recreation - "Greg Pikitis" WILDCARD #5 - This was one of my favorite episodes of Parks and Recreation. I loved that Leslie has a 13-year-old nemesis. The Halloween party was great fun, too. You had the best of Halloween with the different storylines in this movie: pranks/mischeif and costumes/parties. And it was funny to top it off! For those who didn't stick with the show after the first season, it's now much improved.

108. Attack of the Giant Leeches - Mystery Science Theater 3000 - Because of DeepDiscount sending me the wrong thing in the original shipment, this barely arrived on Halloween, just in time for me to use this episode to complete the optional checklist. The movie was awfully; the effects were especially cheesy. As you would expect, the guys had a lot of fun riffing on the movie. A really good episode, though not the best of the series or anything like that.

109. Altered States - Wow. This movie was certainly a mind fuck -- for the viewer and the characters. I know Ken Russell is a very respected director, but I think this might be the first film of his that I've seen. This one had a very Cronenberg vibe to me, and I mean that in a good way. It's definitely one a thinking man's horror film and one that I would really like to sit down and watch again. There needs to be a Blu-ray release; it would look great. Definitely one of the standouts of the challenge for me.

110. It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown WILDCARD #6 - It took a horror movie challenge to get me to start watching this again after so many years. I watched this on Halloween last year as well, so I figure this will turn into an annual tradition. I hear people make criticisms of current kids type programming about how the youngsters don't speak like real young people do. And the Peanuts characters do? This shows that child characters can say things that children wouldn't ever normally say and have it work. You don't have to dumb things down just because it's family programming.

111. Demonia - I've never been much of a Fulci fan, but I think it's an acquired taste, one which I think I'm finally acquiring. This wasn't the best Fulci film I've ever seen, but I liked it. I thought he was able to create a great atmosphere and there were some pretty cool killings. Isn't that all you really ask for from a Fulci movie?

112. The Burning - I'm a big slasher fan, yet somehow I had never seen this one. I was lucky enough to notice that MGM-HD was airing this early the morning of Halloween. I was very impressed with the movie. It moves high up on my list of '80s slashers. The killings were good, the direction was surprisingly good and the acting was much better than average. Watch for Jason Alexander and Fisher Stevens in early roles. I would love to see this one get a good Blu-ray release, but I suppose I might just have to break down and buy the DVD.

113. Halloween II - Another one that I can't believe I hadn't seen before. I bought it and intended to watch this as a double feature with the first one at Halloween last year, but I fell asleep before getting to it. This year, I made sure I watched it. This one certainly doesn't have the subtlety of the first, and that can be counted as a positive and a negative. The killings were more brutal and more varied than in the first, but it was from the quality of the first. That having been said, I thought this was a pretty damn effective sequel and probably my second favorite of the series.

114. Axe - This is a really short movie, just over an hour. I had watched about half of it earlier in the month on my laptop when the power went out at my house, so I figured I should finish it up. I watched it for the challenge last year as well. I actually liked it much more with this second viewing. You know what to expect and aren't thinking so much about the lulls before the action really begins. Not bad for a low budget horror film.

115. Let the Right One In - The final film of the challenge. I've been meaning to watch this one for a while now; I've basically owned the Blu-ray since it came out. I'm not sure if it completely lived up to all they hype, not sure if it would even be possible, but it was certainly a very good movie. I think I was just expecting something slightly different from it: more violent or more disturbing. Of course, part of that might also have to do with this being the last film of the challenge for me and me being pretty exhausted. It was an excellent film, though. So naturally, we're already getting an American remake. I'm sure we'll lose much of the subtlety of the original. This film also had perhaps my favorite visual sequence from the challenge, toward the end in the pool. Definitely another one I will need to revisit.

The DVDTalk October Horror Challenge Expanded Checklist/Bingo Card
Spoiler:
Watch one film from every decade of film history.
-x- 1890 - The Execution of Mary Queen of Scots (1895)
-x- 1900 - Le Chaudron Infernal (1903)
-x- 1910 - Frankenstein (2004)
-x- 1920 - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920)
-x- 1930 - Vampyr (1932)
-x- 1940 - The Mummy's Curse (1944)
-x- 1950 - I Bury the Living (1958)
-x- 1960 - Nightmare Castle (1965)
-x- 1970 - Blue Sunshine (1976)
-x- 1980 - Poltergeist (1982)
-x- 1990 - Cube (1997)
-x- 2000 - Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon (2006)

Watch a film for each rating:
-x- Unrated (pre-MPAA) - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
-x- G - War of the Worlds (1953)
-x- PG - Poltergeist
-x- PG-13 - Skinwalkers
-x- R - Blue Sunshine
-x- NC-17 - Scrapbook
-x- X (not porn; several horror films were rated X) - Blood for Dracula
-x- Unrated (post-MPAA) - Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Watch films in at least three formats (DVD, BD, HD DVD, Laserdisc, TV, online, UMD, theater, iPod, etc).
-x- First format, DVD, Blue Sunshine
-x- Second format, DVR, Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
-x- Third format, Blu-ray, The Omen
-x- Fourth format, Streaming/Computer, The Mummy's Curse
-x- Fifth format, Movie Theater Drive-In, Zombieland

Watch a film starring:
-x- Bela Lugosi - White Zombie
-x- Lon Chaney Sr. - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923)
-x- Boris Karloff - Black Sabbath
-x- Lon Chaney Jr. - The Mummy's Curse
-x- Vincent Price - Return of the Fly
-x- Peter Cushing - Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires
-x- Christopher Lee - The Howling 2
-x- Robert Englund - Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
-x- Bruce Campbell - Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
-x- Jamie Lee Curtis - The Fog

Watch films in at least two languages other than English.
-x- First language, German, Vampyr
-x- Second language, Korean, The Host
-3- Japanese, Tetsuo: The Iron Man
-4- Italian, Fists in the Pocket
-5- Swedish, Let the Right One In

Watch a film in each of the following subgenres/types:
-x- Vampire - Vampyr
-x- Frankenstein - Frankenstein (1910)
-x- Werewolf - The Howling 2
-x- Mummy - The Mummy's Curse
-x- Invisible Man - Hollow Man 2
-x- Ghost/haunting - Poltergeist
-x- Witchcraft/satanic/religious - The Omen
-x- Zombie - Zombieland
-x- Slasher/psycho/homicidal maniac - Behind the Mask: Rise of Leslie Vernon
-x- Monster/creature feature/Godzilla - The Host
-x- Documentary - Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait
-x- Musical - Rocky Horror Picture Show
-x- Spoof/comedy - Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
-x- Revenge - The Fog
-x- Killer/evil doll - Child's Play 2
-x- Killer/evil animal - Alligator
-x- Killer/evil child - The Omen
-x- Giallo - Hatchet for the Honeymoon
-x- J horror - Tetsuo: The Iron Man
-x- MST3K/rifftrax/CT - Laserblast
-x- film and its remake - Night of the Living Dead
-x- based on a video game - BloodRayne
-x- based on a novel - The Deep
-x- directed by Herschell Gordon Lewis or Uwe Boll or Ulli Lommel - Blood Feast
-x- won an Academy Award -- any category - The Omen
-x- silent film - The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
-x- Criterion version film - Fists in the Pocket
-x- with commentary - Freaks
-x- film and at least two of its sequels - The Omen I-III
-x- anthology film - Trick 'r Treat
-x- takes place on a holiday - Trick 'r Treat
-x- takes place in space - Alien
-x- takes place on or under the sea - The Deep
-x- animated film - The Simpsons Halloween Special XX
-x- called "Night of ..." - Night of the Living Dead
-x- called "Return of ..." - Return of the Fly
-x- called "Revenge of ..." - Revenge of the Living Dead Girls
-x- called "Attack of ..." - Attack of the Giant Leeches - Mystery Science Theater 3000
-x- with the words "Living Dead" in the title - Revenge of the Living Dead Girls

(One film could fill multiple items. Example: Dracula would fill one for decade, rating, actor, vampire, based on novel, and maybe others as well.)
(Use a * to mark first time viewings.)
(Change "---" to "-X-" or some similar mark when you have completed that line item.)

Final Thoughts

Spoiler:

I felt like I should collect my thoughts a bit now that the challenge is over. I didn't do that last time but thought it would be nice to look back on later. Last year, I barely reached 100. By Halloween, I was completely burned. This year, I was surprised that I consistently stayed above last year's pace despite having 2 weddings to attend, cutting into a lot of viewing time.

The MVP of the challenge was DirecTV. Last year at this time, I was still using Time Warner Cable. Direct has so many more HD channels and the DVR hard drive is so much bigger than the one TWC gave me. That meant I was able to spend more time recording movies and watching them, rather than watching my TV shows to keep some space open on the DVR. While last year I borrowed a bunch of horror movies from a friend (and had to watch every single one of them), this year I pretty much always had movies that I had at least a bit of interest in. I guess part of that is just luck as well. I was able to record some films that I've wanted to watch for a long time in HD.

You can't argue with numbers, and the numbers for this year certainly point to the value of my DVR. I watched 37 titles on my DVR this year compared to only 11 last year. Now that's a big difference! And I guess that's probably what helped me beat last year's total by 15. I also had a much higher number of unenjoyable stinkers (because I do love bad movies) last year. Overall, the quality was just higher. Even the bad movies I watched were usually gloriously bad (Troll 2, Death Bed). I should also mention that it was interesting to see the emergence of my Blu-ray collection as well. I watched 19 titles on Blu-ray this year, only 8 last year.

John Carpenter loomed large over this challenge for me, providing a couple of my challenge highlights. It was the first time for me to see The Fog and Prince of Darkness. Both were exercises of exquisite atmosphere. My first reaction would be to say I preferred The Fog, but Prince of Darkness has left me wanting to watch it again.

Other challenge highlights:
  • The Burning - now probably one of my favorite '80s slashers; great kills and surprisingly well filmed
  • Fists in the Pocket - a creepy, slow-burn of a film that isn't your traditional horror film, certainly not what most think of as an Italian horror film
  • Altered States - a real mind trip, one I must watch again; this badly needs a Blu-ray release
  • Let the Right One in - maybe didn't live up to all the hype but still a highlight and provided one of my favorite visual moments of the challenge
  • Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) - can't believe I hadn't seen this before, wonderful paranoia and some creepy images
  • The Company of Wolves - exquisitely filmed and dreamlike; much of the imagery has really stuck in my head
  • The Nanny - brilliant Bette Davis performance helped make this one of my favorites from the challenge
  • Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires - kung fu and vampires is a really inspired combination, this one was just really fun to watch

Biggest Surprises:
  • Laid to Rest - very above average slasher with great gore, I wasn't expecting it to be as enjoyable as it was
  • Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon - not perfect, but frequently funny and a great concept
  • The Devil-Doll - truly odd and bizarre Tod Browning offering that made me want to see more of his films
  • Last Man on Earth - without a doubt the best version of this story that I've seen

Like last year, I tried to focus on first-time viewings. I did get a bunch of those in, and because I tried to participate in the daily subset this year, I watched many films I never would have. Next year, I might bow out of the daily subset to focus on the classic Universal and Hammer Studios films that I haven't seen. We'll see.

So, I think that should about wrap things up. This challenge was even more enjoyable than my first one last year, and I'm having a hard time not putting in more horror films right now. I would love to really shoot for 200 next year, but I know that's completely unrealistic unless I take some vacation time. Hmm, ideas ...

List finalized!

Last edited by clckworang; 11-04-09 at 12:19 PM.