Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: YLOD... so now what?

Good news. Hope it holds up.
Old 08-11-11, 02:24 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I don't expect to get more than a year out of this... I copied off my saved games, and will copy them onto a thumb drive after every play from now on. I'm hoping amazon offers a sweet deal on PS3's this holiday season and I'll snag a new slim. Is there a way to deactivate a PSN account on a unit after its bricked? And why would I even have to do that, what if I had two PS3's in my house?
Old 08-11-11, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 80G phatty PS3 yellow lighted a little more than 6 months ago and I picked it up last night. I plan on doing a system transfer this weekend. I'm thinking about either turning the phatty into a streaming device for the bedroom (Netflix, Hulu and other things) or trading it in. Rumor has it that there is a possiblity that Sony could announce a pricedrop at Gamescon which is August 17-21. (They did announce the Slim , software update 3.0 and the European video store launch in 2009 there) Sony's press conference is the 18th.
Old 08-11-11, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Is there a way to deactivate a PSN account on a unit after its bricked? And why would I even have to do that, what if I had two PS3's in my house?
You wouldn't need to. You can have up to 5 systems activated with your PSN account. I have two in my house right now.
Old 08-11-11, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I would still deactivate one if you are for sure not going to use it anymore or sell it. This frees up one of your five systems that you can have you PSN account activated on. You never know! Give Sony a call and tell them which system it is and they will likely ask you information about that specific system to deactivate it.