Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-16, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

As we celebrate 20 years since the launch of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green in Japan, the next era of Pokémon games is being announced! Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon are coming out for systems in the Nintendo 3DS family in holiday 2016, with a new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures to discover! Watch the first teaser for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon at the top of the page.

Using Pokémon Bank, you'll be able to transfer Pokémon you've caught in the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console versions of Pokémon Red, Pokémon Blue, and Pokémon Yellow into your copy of Pokémon Sun or Pokémon Moon. Pokémon from Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y can also be brought into Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon in the same way.

Visit the Pokémon Bank page for important details on the planned update to support Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be the first games in the Pokémon series to allow players to choose from nine languages to play in. In addition to English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish, players will now be able to play in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese.

Much more information is on the way about Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. Keep checking Pokémon .com for the latest details!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...-pokemon-moon/

Last edited by Sonny Corinthos; 02-26-16 at 10:47 AM.
Old 02-26-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts
Re: Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

I was glad to see the news. I haven't played a Pokemon game since the DS days but I just picked up X earlier this week. Enjoying it so far.
Old 02-26-16, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhh, I didn't think they'd do Pokemon Bank with Red/Blue/Yellow. Nice.
Old 02-26-16, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by atxbomber
Ohhh, I didn't think they'd do Pokemon Bank with Red/Blue/Yellow. Nice.
I believe that they will only work with the newer digital games of the above that are being re-released and not the original Gameboy versions. I still have a Mew that I would love to transfer into the newer games.
Old 02-26-16, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I believe that they will only work with the newer digital games of the above that are being re-released and not the original Gameboy versions. I still have a Mew that I would love to transfer into the newer games.
Right, I didn't mean with the original cartridges, but I'd originally read it wouldn't compatible with the tomorrow's virtual console releases, so I'm surprised that ended up not being the case.
Old 02-26-16, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 05-10-16, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Here are you starter Pokemon for Pokemon Sun and Moon; Gameplay, release date revealed.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/here-ar...vealed-3437043
Old 05-10-16, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

X & Y were really good imho. So I'll probably pick up one of these for sure.
Old 05-10-16, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 917 Likes on 677 Posts

Me thinks Litten will be a popular choice.
Old 07-13-16, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Pokémon Sun and Moon's jam-packed new trailer is the best look at the games yet.

Pokémon Go may be all the rage right now, but Pokémon Sun and Moon's new trailer will remind you that the Nintendo 3DS games remain highly anticipated. Watch the two-minute video above for a mix of new gameplay footage, deeper looks at new modes and even a quick look at some new Pokémon.

Among the highlights is the seeming return of Pokémon Amie, the touchscreen-based feature introduced in Pokémon X and Y that allowed trainers to pet their Pokémon for another way to bond. Viewers get a brief look at how that mode looks in Sun and Moon, amidst longer spots for the new Battle Royal mode. First introduced during Nintendo's E3 2016 livestream, this multiplayer feature allows players to pit their Pokémon head-to-head in a different kind of battle.

Battles are also a focus of the video, and fans will recognize several Kanto and Johto region monsters along with previously introduced new characters. Some of these Pokémon are never-before-seen, however; you'll see them during some short evolution sequences.

It's a lot to take in, and we'll likely have more information about everything Pokémon Sun and Moon has to offer ahead of its fall release. The 3DS games arrive Nov. 18.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/12/121...r-new-features