Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Dark Souls 3 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Old 05-09-16, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Re: Dark Souls 3 (PS4 & Xbox One)

Originally Posted by uteotw
That is awesome.

FINALLY got out of the !)@(*@! catacombs and now I have to find some doll to progress. No idea where to go for that, so any help would be appreciated.
you get the doll after you beat the boss in the Cathedral of the Deep. You can get to the Cathedral near the end of the Road of Sacrifice.
Old 05-11-16, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
you get the doll after you beat the boss in the Cathedral of the Deep. You can get to the Cathedral near the end of the Road of Sacrifice.
Great--thanks.
It's funny: I got Uncharted 4 yesterday, played for about a half hour, and then found myself bored and back in Dark Souls. Uncharted looks amazing and I'm sure I'll get into it, but it felt like Mario Brothers compared to DS.
Old 05-11-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 627 Posts

Abyss Watcher phase 2 is still kicking my ass. Thinking I may have to level up a bit more. Either that or I'm just terrible at dodging.
Old 05-11-16, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 164 Posts

You could summon a player to help if you still having problem.
Old 05-11-16, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 627 Posts

I thought I'd be able to since I joined the Wolf covent. But I don't see any marks on the ground to use.
Old 05-11-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Noonan
I thought I'd be able to since I joined the Wolf covent. But I don't see any marks on the ground to use.
Just in case you aren't aware...you need to be "embered" in order to summon.

In DSIII with limited playtime, nothing is more frustrating that spending an entire night on one boss and still not beating it. If I lose to a boss 10 times or so, I will just summon help.

Speaking of summoning, I laid down my white soapstone to help others with bosses but it seems the sign only works while you are in that area. I guess it has to do with the way co-op works in the game but if I am helping with a boss its because I already passed that area and am exploring somewhere else.
Old 05-11-16, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

A buddy on here helped me plow through the Abyss Watcher on our first try. We also went down into the Catacombs and cleared almost all of it out as well as finished off Smoldering Lake and the boss of that area. All that is left to collect down there are the items stuck way out in the lava. Now I need to defeat the boss in the Catacombs and move on.

Also, we found it much easier to connect with each other by using a password. It allows us to co-op despite the great difference in the levels of our characters. I also have some items if anyone wants them.
Old 05-13-16, 10:02 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Finished. Amazing game. Easily 9.5 out of 10. Not as good as Bloodborne...but every bit as good as Dark Souls 1.

Finally found a boss that felt hard.
Spoiler:
Nameless king
kicked my ass a few times, but I was able to get him. Overall boss fights were a bit of a let down...I feel they have run out of ideas on boss fights. I felt the regular enemies though were harder than any souls games yet.

Now on to Uncharted. What a great back to back set of games.
Old 05-14-16, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm halfway through the

Spoiler:
archdragon peak so I have that boss and the final boss left. The peak itself is pretty hard, I can only imagine the boss
Old 05-15-16, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just finished the game, it was great. Took me about 45 hours.

I got the basic ending...which sucks cause

Spoiler:
I made it to the alternate firelink shrine but didn't get the eyes behind the illusory wall

Also feel bad as I should have put down my summon sign and helped a few others before the last step..it was too late to turn back though.

EDIT: nevermind...after the end credits, if you choose not to begin "journey 2" right now you go back to your game and the firelink shrine. I'll probably spend some time helping others as I had help on several bosses.

Last edited by mewmartigan; 05-15-16 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-15-16, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
Just finished the game, it was great. Took me about 45 hours.

I got the basic ending...which sucks cause

Spoiler:
I made it to the alternate firelink shrine but didn't get the eyes behind the illusory wall

Also feel bad as I should have put down my summon sign and helped a few others before the last step..it was too late to turn back though.

EDIT: nevermind...after the end credits, if you choose not to begin "journey 2" right now you go back to your game and the firelink shrine. I'll probably spend some time helping others as I had help on several bosses.
You could also help me plow through the rest of the game.
Old 05-15-16, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Look for me next time...I usually play at night EST. I am familiar with summoning but have never done the co-op with codes and stuff.
Old 05-30-16, 10:53 AM
gamer for life

I have finished new game plus and started a fresh new pyro character. The game really is amazing. It has held my attention longer than even Bloodborne, though I still say that game was better. Going back and playing Dark Souls 2 recently I am shocked how much they improved combat in this game vs the older games.
Old 06-06-16, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

I started in on this several nights back and am really enjoying it. It definitely feels like they incorporated some of the refinements from Bloodborne to the series, which is a big plus for me. I'm using a pyromancer and building her to be fast with lots of magic to throw around and really liking that play style as an option. All of that said, did anyone else have horrible connection issues with the game? I'm guessing I've played 7-8 hours and have been kicked due to connection issues at least a dozen times. The only other game that's ever given me this level of online issues is the PS4 remaster of Dark Souls 2, so I'm wondering if it's something specific to the series. Anyway, the game is great, but it's annoying as hell to get booted right in the middle of something and I've had it happen several times during boss battles, which is especially vexing.
Old 06-06-16, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you playing the pyromancer make sure you get the Chaos Bed Vestiges. It's probably the best pyro spell. Work well on bosses who aren't immune to fire.
Old 06-06-16, 11:25 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Does this game require that you play the previous two in order to understand the story? I played Demon's Souls but never played Dark Souls. If the three games are not connected by storyline, which is the best of the three?

I also need to finish Bloodborne too.
Old 06-06-16, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 435 Likes on 304 Posts

The first Dark Souls is definitely the best, and DS2 the weakest. And there's not so much a "story" to follow, rather lore to flesh out.

I personally enjoyed Bloodborne way more than any DS game.
Old 06-06-16, 11:59 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Okay, I'll just play Bloodborne and if I'm still hankering for more I'll get the first DS for the Xbox. Thanks!
Old 06-06-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can we get a remastered DS1 and Demon Souls, please?
Old 06-20-16, 12:13 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Can we get a remastered DS1 and Demon Souls, please?
yes please...
Old 06-28-16, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 205 Likes on 124 Posts

Anyone have advice for playing as a pyro build as you get further into the game? I'm around 30 intelligence, 20 faith, 15 each for dexterity, strength and endurance and starting stats for everything else. I've been using a +4 fire-infused hand axe to complement the pyro spells. I was having a fair amount of fun with the game up until the spot I'm in now, which stuck between the Smouldering Lake and Irithyll.

On the lake, I've made it through a fair amount of exploring (3 bonfires lit, I think), but keep getting far from a bonfire, dying and then not being able to make it back to retrieve the souls before dying again. In Irithyll, it's been a lot of trial and error just to get to the second biggish asshole with the flame wielding pitchfork-type weapon and of the 3-4 times I've made it that far, he kills me and I'm not able to make it back to retrieve the souls. It's to the point where I'm close to just calling it a day and trading the game in. I feel like the game was fair to pyro builds up to the spot I'm at now and now it just sucks. To be fair, maybe it's my own fault for putting nothing into vigor so far, as it seems like every enemy I'm up against now can knock out 75% of my health with a single attack. I've probably played 4-5 hours with very little progress and lost something like 150k souls at this point. Thought I'd see if there's anything I'm missing before moving on to something else.
Old 06-28-16, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would have put more points in faith. A good pyro build is to try to even both your intelligence and faith. 30 intelligence 30 faith is what you should do to help your pyro spells. Try to upgrade your Pyromancy Flame as much you can. Hand ax is ok, I use the Astora straight sword infuse with Raw gem for more damaged. Use the Carthus Flame Arc to put flame on your right weapon. Only sorcery spell I ever use for my build is the Hidden Body. It nice it you want to sneak by or run away from tough enemies. Also casting Hidden Body plus Poison or Toxin Mist on enemies not immuned to poison make good combination. Work great on knights. Hope this help.
Old 06-28-16, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If any of you are on PS4 and need some help or assIstance building your character quickly, let me know or send a friend request.
Old 08-24-16, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 235 Likes on 171 Posts

Old 10-21-16, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Dark Souls 3 got a update today to get ready for the Ashes of Ariandel dlc which I pre-order a couple of weeks ago. Can't wait to play.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.