Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Re: Bloodborne - PS4 (Sony Japan + From + Miyazaki)

Originally Posted by Gooter
Do tell! Spoiler if necessary.
Spoiler:
As of right now there is a duplication glitch that you can exploit. What you need to do is with your first and primary character you need to get a hold of one of those dried blood echoes. Also, make sure your storage box is completely empty. Exit the game through the menu to ensure that it saves. Then, create a second character and make it to the very first lamp post and have enough echoes to buy one pebble for 10. Return to the Hunter's Dream and buy one pebble and put it and only it in the storage. Then, exit the game through the menu to ensure that it saves. Return to your first character and put only one of the blood echoes in your storage box and nothing else. Then, go to the merchant and buy as many pebbles as you can. You will hold 20 and the rest will go to your box. When you return to the box the pebbles will have converted into 99 dried blood echoes. Take out 98 of them and consume them. MAKE SURE you always leave one dried blood echo in the box to not accidentally consume it. After you do that you want to return to the vendor and buy 99 more pebbles. Rinse and repeat until you have enough echoes to level your guy up to whatever level you are happy with. Yes, it is a game breaking glitch, but if it gets some of us to play it rather than dust-collecting it is worth it. I never used this glitch to beat the first boss nor get to level 35 but after that the game becomes really hard.
Old 03-30-15, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting. Not sure I'll do it but thanks for sharing. I'm always amazed at how people find out about these things! Same was the case with all of the cheese methods in Destiny raids.
Old 03-30-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After getting some assistance from Shea, I'm now enjoying the game a bit more. Its hard to know where I'm at though at times and even if I'm heading in the right direction.

Overall, I still suck at this game
Old 03-30-15, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has, unfortunately, been a duplication glitch in every Souls game since Demon's Souls. Don't rob yourself of the fun by doing too much power leveling with it on your first playthrough! Save it for the inevitable platinum trophy run.
Old 03-30-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Emperor Charon
There has, unfortunately, been a duplication glitch in every Souls game since Demon's Souls. Don't rob yourself of the fun by doing too much power leveling with it on your first playthrough! Save it for the inevitable platinum trophy run.
To be honest, the power leveling has allowed me to have more fun with the game than I would have without it. Sure, I don't get the complete satisfaction of having completely lost my hair and getting a divorce. However, I still get to finish the story and see it through while not pouring a hundred hours or so doing the same things over and over again.

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
After getting some assistance from Shea, I'm now enjoying the game a bit more. Its hard to know where I'm at though at times and even if I'm heading in the right direction.
The game definitely does not hold your hand. I have felt completely lost at times. The map is so big and diverse and they never tell you where to go. You just stroll along, admire the view and slaughter or get slaughtered by things in your way. I will say that frenzy sucks big time.
Old 03-30-15, 02:55 PM

I don't think that leveling is a problem at all, because, you often have to grind souls to get that extra point to use a weapon, to buy a weapon, etc. But to just use a dupe glitch in the early going, that's wholly different. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing the leveling thing.
Old 03-30-15, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

okay, I think I have been cheated out of the stuff that gatling gun guy drops.

Spoiler:
do I need to get to his body to be able to purchase his weapons? While we were fighting he fell off the roof, which I guess is common. I went down the stairs and there is a glowing fire (the item pickup symbol thing) hanging over open space to the right of a staircase. I can't get to it. I assume its his and now am I screwed out of whatever he would have dropped? He doesn't re-spawn does he?
Old 03-30-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
okay, I think I have been cheated out of the stuff that gatling gun guy drops.

Spoiler:
do I need to get to his body to be able to purchase his weapons? While we were fighting he fell off the roof, which I guess is common. I went down the stairs and there is a glowing fire (the item pickup symbol thing) hanging over open space to the right of a staircase. I can't get to it. I assume its his and now am I screwed out of whatever he would have dropped? He doesn't re-spawn does he?
Go back to Hunter's Dream, and then return to the top of the tower. What he dropped will re-appear up top.
Old 03-30-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhg83
I wish they would replenish my molotovs like they do for blood vials and bullets. There's nothing worse than dying , loading screen, go to hunters dream, load screen, replenish my molotovs, return to world, another fucking load screen. That's about two minutes worth of loading! I hope they fix the replenishing for the next patch.
I didn't realize this at first, but bullets and blood vials aren't just magically being replenished. If you notice when you collect them and you are sitting at 20, it puts another icon next to them, which signifies that it's going into your storage instead. Then when you die and go back to the hub area, it automatically moves them from your storage to your inventory.
Old 03-30-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
Go back to Hunter's Dream, and then return to the top of the tower. What he dropped will re-appear up top.
cool beans, thanks!!
Old 03-30-15, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mewmartigan
cool beans, thanks!!
No problem! Had the same issue.
Old 03-30-15, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think that leveling is a problem at all, because, you often have to grind souls to get that extra point to use a weapon, to buy a weapon, etc. But to just use a dupe glitch in the early going, that's wholly different. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing the leveling thing.
No, it didn't sound critical to me. I just think that there are some people, like me, that are not good enough to handle some of the difficult areas in the game without being 20 or so levels higher than someone else who is able to handle such areas. I did watch the final chalice dungeon boss fight and boy is that going to be a huge PITA.
Old 03-30-15, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I finally unlocked the Kirkhammer and it's different. Swinging the Hammer takes some getting use to because being slow but when it hits...ouch! On Townsfolk it's one hit. I tried it on a Ogre and about four hits he went down. It's fun and the Sword is fast which I like. I guess tonight I ll hit the Cathedral and go after Father G.. Whats the worse that can happen. ..see some Red Letters....a lot.
Old 03-30-15, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I finally unlocked the Kirkhammer and it's different. Swinging the Hammer takes some getting use to because being slow but when it hits...ouch! On Townsfolk it's one hit. I tried it on a Ogre and about four hits he went down. It's fun and the Sword is fast which I like. I guess tonight I ll hit the Cathedral and go after Father G.. Whats the worse that can happen. ..see some Red Letters....a lot.
From my limited use with it, as a 2 hander it's garbage, the money is in it's 1 hand use, since again, it staggers with every hit.
Old 03-30-15, 07:05 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So what is everyone's favorite boss so far?

I don't think a name will be a spoiler but mine is shadow of yharnam fight..

Spoiler:
You fight three hunter type enemies at once...one throws fire..one has a blade and one has fire and a blade....I died the first time because I was not ready for it and avoided any spoilers, but the problem is as one goes down the other two get stronger...and you don't want the blade dude last...to me having the blade/fire dude last was best. The fight was different...and fun as hell...

I loved that fight because it was so different from the other bosses.
Old 03-30-15, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Machine Gun asshole is dead! Cornered his ass and gave him a good shot with my Shotgun! Felt even more satisfying than a boss fight!
Old 03-30-15, 10:21 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Machine Gun asshole is dead! Cornered his ass and gave him a good shot with my Shotgun! Felt even more satisfying than a boss fight!
yes there should have been a trophy when you kill him as much as he pisses you off.
Old 03-31-15, 12:44 AM

This past weekend (including today), I was able to clear the following bosses:

Spoiler:
Vicar Amelia
Darkbeast Paarl
Witch of Hemwick
Shadow of Yharnam

I enjoyed the
Spoiler:
Shadow of Yharnam
fight the most, like foxdvd said. There's another element of the fight that is wild, too, which is the whole
Spoiler:
hydra summon that comes in at the end, when only one remains. It reminds me of the Four Kings battle in Dark Souls, quite a bit.
Old 03-31-15, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

I FINALLY beat the Blood-Starved Beast today. I was just having the hardest time with him. Ended up I was being too conservative with my dashing, rolling, and molotovs. I stopped trying to counter all his attacks and just got really aggressive with him. So fucking rewarding - this what these games are all about.

Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Back to Hunters Dream, some sort of chalice, dungeon crawling... I just don't know. Will find out tomorrow.
Old 03-31-15, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by lopper
Now I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Back to Hunters Dream, some sort of chalice, dungeon crawling... I just don't know. Will find out tomorrow.
You'll definitely want to keep at those, man. Post your codes later on, once we start getting the other ones, some of them will have random, rare gear.
Old 03-31-15, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

You'll definitely want to keep at those, man. Post your codes later on, once we start getting the other ones, some of them will have random, rare gear.
I'd be up for a chalice dungeon run later this week. Maybe we can all organize a night?
Old 03-31-15, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How many people can run the same dungeon at same time?
Old 03-31-15, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh and as a slight side tip that most people already know, as you progress and Blood Vials get more expensive, it's easier to just go back to Central Yarham and kill trolls, who often yield two vials a piece.

Plus they're super easy to kill. If they fix the load times it'll be quick too.
Old 03-31-15, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I'd be up for a chalice dungeon run later this week. Maybe we can all organize a night?
I'm sure I'd like to as well as others but we're all scattered about at different levels...I know I'm lagging behind but it's a great idea.

I'm still in the first part and last night I got a request to play "Plants vs Zombies" from a certain 7 year old I couldn't turn down. I fired up Bloodborne after dinner and literally fell asleep for a good 3hrs. I stayed up long enough to take down "Porky" and experience Father G at least one time...yes I died.

I actually was doing pretty good using my Saw Sword and Shotgun. A few times we shot each other at the same time. I even managed a Back Stab Rip-out-the-guts move once...that was cool. But I lost track of just how far I got him down....half-way...and just when I was about to smack him he transformed sending me flying with the camera showing rumble up close, no idea where I landed until it was to late and he popped me two times and I was dead.

So to get back to him do I have to go all the way thru the sewers again or is there a quicker way?
Old 03-31-15, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

If you didn't enable the elevator on the Troll Bridge / Fire Boulder then you have to trek the sewers again. If you did enable the elevator, it's by the two trolls near the Hunter's Dream lamp. The elevator takes you straight to the Troll Bridge / Fire Boulder bit.

But even then, it isn't a long run through the sewers, just have a lot of enemies to run past.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.