Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

HALO: The Master Chief collection

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: HALO: The Master Chief collection

The Halo 2 cutscenes are amazing, as is the remaster, but I'm having a lot more problems with it than I did with CE. For one thing, it doesn't seem to save checkpoints at all, and this is apparently a universal problem. If you exit the game or shut down the console, you're starting the mission over.

Earlier today I was close to the end of a lengthy, pain-in-the-ass mission (on Legendary) and decided on a whim to switch between old and new graphics. The game froze, then the console froze, then it completely rebooted itself. I've never had that happen with any game on this system. And of course, now I have to completely restart the mission. It's the kind of thing that makes me want to stop playing the game entirely and trade it in.
Old 11-17-14, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Patch to fix bad multiplayer in Halo: The Master Chief Collection should arrive Wednesday
Old 11-17-14, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not so fast!

11.17 8:00PM Update

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience.
Old 11-17-14, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Jesus. I was going to try some campaign until I saw the problems you posted MoviePage. Oh well, guess I will keep waiting. Not like I am hurting for new games to play.
Old 11-17-14, 10:35 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
The Flood was my favorite part of the first game. Did not expect it at all, nor the slight change in tone.
gave me chills the first time they introduced the flood in the first halo...
Old 11-18-14, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Currently halowaypoint.com is down, and Xbox live is having problems. I can't even load Halo since cloud save is down, unless I use offline option.

Guys, come on.
Old 11-20-14, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Huge patch rolling out today

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...t-update-notes
Old 11-20-14, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If they think they are having server issues now, wait until all the people who pick up that Halo bundle at Wal Mart next week try logging on. This game could have issues for months to come.
Old 11-20-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Got the update. 1 match timed out in searching, another match finished incomplete. And they are still using the stripped down matches (No Halo 4, etc) Sigh.

I did get an achievement for playing 10 matches. Only took a week and a half.

Last edited by stingermck; 11-21-14 at 07:04 AM.
Old 11-21-14, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

During the two hours my friends and I attempted to play post update, we were able to get into four games and it kept separating the party so half of us were on a different team.

Fuck 343 and Microsoft.
Old 11-22-14, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried to join a MP game last night. I waited 10 minutes to see "finding players" and "connecting" and then never got connected. I quit and went back to the single player campaign.
Old 11-23-14, 01:51 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

after the latest update my friend and I have not been able to coop Halo 2. Just normal story and it just keeps messing up or not starting.
Old 11-24-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Halo Master Chief Collection Update Inadvertently Adds More Bugs

"We are aware that far too many are not seeing improvements."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hal.../1100-6423786/
Microsoft Is Losing Xbox One Momentum Due To 343's 'Halo: Master Chief Collection' Misdeeds

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...tion-misdeeds/

Last edited by stingermck; 11-24-14 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-24-14, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cVvveDVdmSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 11-24-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 914 Likes on 649 Posts

He's so fucking annoying. He's much better as himself. I don't know why he sticks to this silly schtick.
Old 11-24-14, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Update on the Master Chief Clusterfuck from 343:

BY BONNIE ROSS - 1 HOUR AGO
On Nov 11th we released Halo: The Master Chief Collection. The goal being to create a tribute to Halo fans around the world, and to celebrate the Master Chief’s debut on Xbox One. With the initial release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, however, we have not delivered the experience you deserve. I personally apologize for this on behalf of us all at 343 Industries. Our team is committed to working around the clock until these issues are resolved.

While our team works on continual improvements and towards solutions, my commitment to you is that we will take care of all owners of Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Our primary and continued focus is first on fixing the issues at hand. Once we’ve done that, we will detail how we will make this right with our fans.

On the matchmaking front, we have encountered unexpected issues that were not apparent in our internal test environment and that have resulted in a frustrating experience, including long matchmaking times and low session success rates. Within 343 Industries and Xbox, I can assure you that resolving these issues is our #1 priority. We continue to partner with the Xbox platform team to analyze all data to make ongoing server-side adjustments to continually improve the matchmaking experience. We are also preparing additional content updates that will address existing campaign, UI, and other issues to improve the overall experience. With each update we will carefully analyze data to confirm that the improvements we’re seeing internally are also happening with fans at home.

Know that we’re trying to be as nimble as possible to put fixes in place. We are planning multiple server-side tweaks and game content updates over the coming weeks. Looking forward, I want to give you a high-level cadence of the latest updates we’re currently working on. Development and testing of our latest content update continues and we are on track for release later this week. We will update you on the status and patch notes of the content update once we have a better understanding of our release window. Only through making changes on both the “server side” (matchmaking and other server rulesets) and, via content updates (to the game itself), can we make the significant progress we’re working towards. And in the interest of expediency, we’re attacking the problem from both sides, non-stop.

As we have been, we will continue to post the details of our updates and other adjustments on Halo Waypoint. Please check our forums at http://aka.ms/mcc_updates for the latest details as we roll out further fixes.

Please accept my heartfelt apologies for the delay and for the negative aspects of your experience to date. We’re doing everything in our power to resolve it as quickly as possible.
Old 11-24-14, 09:19 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 841 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
He's so fucking annoying. He's much better as himself. I don't know why he sticks to this silly schtick.
Because he's a comedian!
Old 12-04-14, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Another week, another update

Master Chief Collection Update Improves Matchmaking Times, But Doesn't Fix Uneven Teams.
Xbox One patch will get you into games faster, but teams might still be uneven until 343 releases a further update later on.
Also if you buy the game digital this month you get $15 credit. Nothing for us who have had it day one of course.
Old 12-04-14, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got $15 credit buying it day 1 physical disc

Still waiting on 8 achievements to unlock from day one. This is nuts.

I might have to pop the game back in soon and play Halos 3 and 4 to finish it up!
Old 12-04-14, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by stingermck
Also if you buy the game digital this month you get $15 credit. Nothing for us who have had it day one of course.
Wow. Guess you have to admire MS's audacity, but man is this insulting for those of us that paid to be beta testers for 343 for the last month.
Old 01-17-15, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I got the message on XBox about a free month of Gold added because of the launch issues.
Old 01-19-15, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nothing here

That makes me a little worried about the other bonuses coming as well
Old 01-19-15, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,248 Likes on 4,269 Posts

I got the message as well. Matty, did you play the game before 12/20 while connected to Xbox Live?
Old 01-19-15, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

No message yet and played it in November.
Old 01-20-15, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never got the message and I played (or should I say attempted to play) numerous times in November and December every time they rolled out an update.

There was another update earlier today, but after this and the Halo 5 beta, I don't give a shit anymore.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.