Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Dust has settled a bit....which console are you most impressed with?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Which console have you been most impressed by?
Xbox One
21.62%
PS4
45.95%
I don't want to choose, so I will just say too soon to tell
32.43%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Dust has settled a bit....which console are you most impressed with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,027 Likes on 814 Posts
Re: Dust has settled a bit....which console are you most impressed with?

I disagree that the jump hasn't been that big. Both in graphical quality and performance it has been a big step up from the 360/PS3 era.

That said, both consoles need more games. Stat.
Old 07-28-14, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 917 Likes on 650 Posts

Yeah, makes you wonder where they'd be if Planetside and Driveclub actually came out in the first 6 months.
Old 07-28-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

It hasn't been a full year yet and by console standards the XO & PS4 are still young and yet even half tested. It took a couple of years before seeing what the 360 and PS3 could really do and we've only scratched the surface with both systems.

I commend both Sony and MS for doing constant updates to get more out of the systems even though it seems there are some you'll never please no matter what you do. It also seems that Devs found both easier to make games for and gives them far more options and a bigger sandbox...which accounts for delays to make bigger and better looking games. It's a lot of good stuff game wise coming over the next year that will showcase both systems more than what some of us have seen.

I came over from the 360 to the PS4 and not regretted it one bit. I got it for gaming and nothing else...like a Media Center. I recently swapped out the 500gb HD to a Hybrid 1TB that took all but 5min...one key reason why I opted for the PS4. Major kudos to Sony for that.
Old 07-28-14, 09:28 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 841 Posts

Because The Order: 1886 is still unreleased, I do not have a PS4, therefore continue to abstain from voting.

This poll should be public, by the way.

My impression, based on the OP, is that the poll is for people who have specifically own both, or at least have played both extensively.
Old 07-28-14, 09:41 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan
Because The Order: 1886 is still unreleased, I do not have a PS4, therefore continue to abstain from voting.

This poll should be public, by the way.

My impression, based on the OP, is that the poll is for people who have specifically own both, or at least have played both extensively.

It is like the first poll i have ever done I think, so it is an accomplishment that I even got it to work. I wasn't aware it was supposed to be set to public. I apologize for that.
Old 07-28-14, 09:42 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 841 Posts

I'm not that concerned.
Old 07-28-14, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Between the two, I'd give the PS4 the edge, mainly due to Vita functionality, which is pretty handy on occasion. I'm also buying all of my third party games for that platform, due to it being the first I had and Microsoft not providing a reason to change that behavior. That said, of the exclusives I've played, Dead Rising 3 was easily my favorite, beating out Knack, Killzone, Infamous & Titanfall.

Also, another vote for the WiiU being included on the poll. While the third party support has nosedived and is unlikely to recover, it blows both of the other consoles out of the water in terms of exclusives.
Old 07-28-14, 12:12 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chess
With due respect to OP and Supermallet, WiiU should be in the poll, and it would rightly get a vote or two. I might have voted for it based on software alone (because the hardware is terrible).
Put the post in context. The Wii U had already been out and people were able to make their own impressions about it without too much console warring going on. Hell, I own a Wii U, and more games for the Wii U than my PS4, so I'm not biased against it at all. There was a lot of heat between Sony and Microsoft fans over these consoles, and they launched at the same time, so I don't blame the OP for keeping the Wii U out.

Ah hell, I'll just start a new poll.
Old 07-28-14, 12:19 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Way to harsh my buzz, man.
Old 07-28-14, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 138 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones
I recently swapped out the 500gb HD to a Hybrid 1TB that took all but 5min...one key reason why I opted for the PS4. Major kudos to Sony for that.
I don't know... I think adding a 4TB external drive to my Xbox One was easier...

Sony needs to make that available before I start having space concerns like I do on the PS3.
Old 07-29-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,678 Likes on 1,045 Posts

PS4 has gotten far more playtime than my One. I think it'll take Halo to get me back to playing the One extensively. If I have to choose a multiplatform, I choose the PS4. Last gen I chose the 360 in that situation. I just like the PS4 better.