Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The PlayStation 4 / PS4 Thread: Still Going Strong

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-13, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
re: PS4 Release Thread: Kill Launch App #Driveclub due October 2014!!!

My PS4 has been on a truck for 7 hours now. Did I mention how much I hate the last step of the delivery process?

So, does anyone know if you can log into both your PS3 and PS4 with the same PSN at the same time? I asked in the pre-release thread, but it was the last post before Groucho shut it down.
Old 11-15-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'd be awesome if we could track our package via GPS and then intercept the delivery. I'm sure that the UPS driver wouldn't think that was so awesome though.
Old 11-15-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by flashburn
Nope, I don't think so. We'll probably be stuck buying yet another adapter.
of course we will... oh well.
Old 11-15-13, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

It'd be awesome if we could track our package via GPS and then intercept the delivery. I'm sure that the UPS driver wouldn't think that was so awesome though.
Seriously. It's said "Out for Delivery" all day. I need more up to the minute results!
Old 11-15-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Seriously. It's said "Out for Delivery" all day. I need more up to the minute results!
UPS never shows up at my house earlier than 6pm.
Old 11-15-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I picked up a midnight PS4. Wasn't planning to but driving past there was only 8 in line for non-preorders at 9pm! I figured I could get a nice profit on CL. I've put up several ads and even lowers down to $550 and no response! Now I'm debating to wait and try selling tomorrow or just return the thing. The more time I have it in my possession the more tempting it becomes to open it up and play
Old 11-15-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Obey The D
That is about the time I am expecting mine and a few games to show up.
Old 11-15-13, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Wasn't so easy for me, my PS3 had a 3 prong power cable.

I also like how they neglected to mention when talking about how you could play the game while it installs that you could only play what is basically the demo of the game. At least that is how it worked for Fifa (the only game I played so far). Not that it is a big deal because installing the game only took 7 minutes, but still funny that left that part out.
No problems for me with the 1.50 update last night. Went quick and easy.
Old 11-15-13, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
So, does anyone know if you can log into both your PS3 and PS4 with the same PSN at the same time? I asked in the pre-release thread, but it was the last post before Groucho shut it down.
I can't imagine how or why you couldn't.

I think they consider PS3/PS4/Vita to be different ecosystems with different rules, and you should be able to log into all 3 at once plus an extra PS4 if you had a spare.
Old 11-15-13, 01:45 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

UPS will come to your house earlier if you can get it in their system as a business instead of a residence.
Old 11-15-13, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

Also want to say kudos to Best Buy on the way they handled the whole midnight launch process. I wanted a second console (long story) so decided to camp last night. Got there just before 7pm (the person in the front of the line had been there since 8am. About 8 or so I was starting to question my decision, but the manager came out handed out packets they had put together for each available console (my store got 60, 37 of which went to pre-orders) and handed them out at 9 and shortly after let us all go in and pay. After we paid we got a bag number and could go home and return at midnight to pick it up. So it wasn't bad at all and was very well organised on their part.
Old 11-15-13, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Still setting everything up, but...oh, geez, am I in love with this controller. I obviously need to wait until I play something, but it feels as perfect to me as my all-time favorites: the Genesis 6-button controller and the Wavebird.
Old 11-15-13, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

The 360 was the 1st system I didn't have to buy a 3rd party controller.

I think the One and the PS4 will be the same... not seeing any issues yet...

The only thing I kept doing was looking to hit the start button for "Enter" when typing in info... now it is R2... weird!
Old 11-15-13, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine's here! Fuck this thread, bitches!
Old 11-15-13, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chess
I can't imagine how or why you couldn't.

I think they consider PS3/PS4/Vita to be different ecosystems with different rules, and you should be able to log into all 3 at once plus an extra PS4 if you had a spare.
Well, you wouldn't be able to be logged into two PS4s at the same time I don't think. I know I can't log into my 2 PS3s at once.

I don't think it would be a problem, but if your PSN friends list is now unified, I could see an issue of being logged into a PS3 and a PS4. Do you see your PS3 friends list on the PS4? Do you see them as Online if they're on PS3, or only PS4?

I'll figure all this out once UPS decides to grace me with their presence, but was just curious if anyone had tried this. My games haven't shipped yet, I gotta get creative!
Old 11-15-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't get over how my package shipped from KY last night around 10pm and it was in my hands this morning in SC at around 9:30am. Wow, less than 12 hours.
Old 11-15-13, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Obey The D
For me it's completely random, basically anywhere between 2:30 and 8:30PM. Ugh.
Old 11-15-13, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
The 360 was the 1st system I didn't have to buy a 3rd party controller.

I think the One and the PS4 will be the same... not seeing any issues yet...

The only thing I kept doing was looking to hit the start button for "Enter" when typing in info... now it is R2... weird!
Just got mine and yeah, not digging the no Start button thing. Very weird.

USB update didn't work for me, but the download went quick.
Old 11-15-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far I've seen both the FedEx guy and the USPS guy drive by. Damn you UPS. The worst thing is I'll see UPS drive past my house before coming back. I'm so tempted to hunt him down when that happens, but I know he'll be right back in like 10 minutes.
Old 11-15-13, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For me it's completely random, basically anywhere between 2:30 and 8:30PM. Ugh.
Yep, same here. Oooohh I just heard a big truck pull up...oh wait it's friday, trash day. Damnit!

I did see over at the UPS site that you can now sign up for their service which allows you to have your packages sent to a local UPS Store, or held for pickup.

Wow, you can even pay to get a 2 hour delivery window with the premium service.

I just signed up for the free version, which allows you to specify delivery to a UPS store for $5, or held at Will Call for free.
Old 11-15-13, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing
Well, you wouldn't be able to be logged into two PS4s at the same time I don't think. I know I can't log into my 2 PS3s at once.

I don't think it would be a problem, but if your PSN friends list is now unified, I could see an issue of being logged into a PS3 and a PS4. Do you see your PS3 friends list on the PS4? Do you see them as Online if they're on PS3, or only PS4?

I'll figure all this out once UPS decides to grace me with their presence, but was just curious if anyone had tried this. My games haven't shipped yet, I gotta get creative!
From the Vita/PS3 combination, you can be on at the same time. The friend list display (who's on and off) is same on both. However, I don't know how's my ID is displayed on my friend's display (am I on PS3 or Vita?). On my Vita, my ID says I'm on PS Vita. On my PS3, my ID says I'm on PS3... Now, if I'm on Netflix on the PS3 and playing Rayman on the Vita, I don't know what my friends will see me as... I would assume my PS3 activity is displayed.
Old 11-15-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Groucho
UPS will come to your house earlier if you can get it in their system as a business instead of a residence.
That's a good idea.
Old 11-15-13, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Mine came, but too late for me to run home on my lunch to set it up and get the downloads started. I was chatting with my boss and mentioned this, and she suggested setting it up in our conference room and doing all the downloads here so it'd be ready when I got home. I've got the update, Resogun & Contrast loaded, with Blacklight, Warframe & DCUO downloading. Way better than waiting to get home, as my office's internet speeds kick the shit out of the middling service we get at the house. Just having a hard time getting any work done, as the temptation is to close the conference room door, turn down the volume and sneak in some playing.
Old 11-15-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Woops!

http://kotaku.com/ps4-day-one-update...ays-1465358622

Did you just get a brand new PlayStation 4? Did you download the day-one firmware update? Be careful—EA says the new patch has been rendering games unstable and buggy.

Here's the blog post, published on EA's website today.

Sony has released a firmware update for the PlayStation 4 that is required for many features on the console. However, this update also results in stability issues while playing games on the system.

This affects all games on the PS4, including EA titles, causing crashing/freezing and non-responsive connections between the player's console and their TV Screen.

Unfortunately since it's an issue with Sony's firmware, it requires a new update to fix it. Sony is working to resolve the issue as quickly as they can. They will update their System Update page as new versions are made available, and we will keep this page updated as we find out more.

We've reached out to Sony for more info, and we'll update should they comment. For now, your best bet might be to hold off on downloading the system update if you want to play EA games
Old 11-15-13, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Ocelot
From the Vita/PS3 combination, you can be on at the same time. The friend list display (who's on and off) is same on both. However, I don't know how's my ID is displayed on my friend's display (am I on PS3 or Vita?). On my Vita, my ID says I'm on PS Vita. On my PS3, my ID says I'm on PS3... Now, if I'm on Netflix on the PS3 and playing Rayman on the Vita, I don't know what my friends will see me as... I would assume my PS3 activity is displayed.
Yeah, I've never seen someone on my PS3 list with any kind of Vita information. Then again I don't think many of my friends even have a Vita. But I'm thinking that's how it'll end up working.

Is it weird that I'm more interested in these kinds of inner workings than I am about playing the games at this point?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.